+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving early

Re: Leaving early

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I stay till the end, to avoid the rush.

I stayed to the end so I could clap our players off the pitch..

Don't go to games now....but I have always stayed to the end after one particular game (at home).....v Portsmouth. (1963? 1965?) 1-0 up I left a few minutes to get early to the Ninian Park Halt station....we lost 1-2. One particular game made that decision a valid one....the only game I went to where I left not knowing the result. Away at Barnsley (FA Cup) 1967.....we were leading 1-0 but then Barnsley shot goes in JUST AS the final whistle went. Those were the days refs didn't allow teams to finish their attack.... No-one knew whether it counted or not as we left the ground. Turns out it did.....we did win the replay 2-1....

Don’t go much these days, waiting to be enticed back, it’s really not happening and I’ve got far better to do on a Saturday pm these days anyway. Yesterday, I sorted out the wife’s plant pots for the coming season, reckon it was more exciting too.

Technically didn't leave early, but stayed in the box for the 2nd half and watched it on the TV screen while having a few beers. Best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'll go one better. I didn't even go.
    Fortunately, I have Covid and couldn't make it. Watched it on a stream and was grateful that I wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fortunately, I have Covid and couldn't make it. Watched it on a stream and was grateful that I wasn't there.
    As i've got older my tolerance levels for watching crap football have diminished. I can find better things to do. Hope you're feeling Tip-Top and Dandy soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As i've got older my tolerance levels for watching crap football have diminished. I can find better things to do. Hope you're feeling Tip-Top and Dandy soon enough
    That's a fair point you make about diminishing tolerance levels as you get older.

I'd never consider missing a home game when I was younger (went to a lot of away games too).

Nowadays, I still make the effort to set my alarm for 3.45am to watch midweek games, however, if the football is crap (as it often is) I'll not even bother watching the second half.

October 3rd 1970. I learnt my lesson. From 3-1 to losing 3-4! Haven’t left early since.

A few of my mates stayed in the pub (all of them went to Watford), the teams home form, and Wayne Nash’s army, don’t make the home experience very enjoyable these days. The official attendance was 18,700…the actual was more like 14K.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    10am.
    Get your alarm clock on for Ipswich….see you in Legends ? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    A few of my mates stayed in the pub (all of them went to Watford), the teams home form, and Wayne Nash’s army, don’t make the home experience very enjoyable these days. The official attendance was 18,700…the actual was more like 14K.
    The Ninian Stand looked shit yesterday.

My brother left with 10 mins to go tbh I didn't blame him I left with a minute of injury time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    It seems Wayne Nash is driving fans away. Judging from comments online anyway. Something must be done

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    It seems Wayne Nash is driving fans away. Judging from comments online anyway. Something must be done
    Is Wayne Nash telling our midfield to constantly pass the ball sideways and then stand rooted on the spot?

I'm not a fan of the former grass cutter but being bored shitless by the football isn't on him.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I see he has a nice little earner working for UEFA too….he probably came up with the alcohol ban at stadiums, and it’s only a matter of time until they implement his amazing “open jacket policy “

When Ole was in charge I left one minute into the second half.We were one down.I knew we wouldn't score.
    When I got home to Abertillery we were still playing and no we didn't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I left on 75 minutes today. I knew we weren't going to score or get anything from the game. My wife was driving and she had her elderly mother with her, so I thought it would be fairer on her to get home that bit earlier.

Mark Poyser, commentating on Radio Wales, said he'd never seen the ground so empty with 5 minutes to go. It took us an age to get out of the car park. Yes, there was the rugby on, which might have encouraged a few to leave, but was it really a case that most fans decided to leave so early?
    Am I the only person who has never left a game before the end then? Even the 0-4 massacre by the JBs at the CCS and the Maidstone game on NY Day at NP :-o

I just can’t do it. I’m either to mean or simply deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    When Ole was in charge I left one minute into the second half.We were one down.I knew we wouldn't score.
    When I got home to Abertillery we were still playing and no we didn't score.
    At least under Ole the football was entertaining in a wtf is going on way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Is Wayne Nash telling our midfield to constantly pass the ball sideways and then stand rooted on the spot?

I'm not a fan of the former grass cutter but being bored shitless by the football isn't on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I was referring to the stadium match day experience, to my knowledge Nash has no input to team selection or tactics….well, not yet he doesn’t.

After half hour I went to the bar, and half way through the second half I'd had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Am I the only person who has never left a game before the end then? Even the 0-4 massacre by the JBs at the CCS and the Maidstone game on NY Day at NP :-o

Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Me too. There was one season at the old N.P. ground where you could almost bet your shirt that City would either score the winner or the equaliser in injury time because it happened practically every game. I can't remember when that was - maybe it's a case of looking back with rose-tinted glasses? There may be some City stats experts on here who know!

The advantage of being on the Bob Bank meant I could run across the back of the stand towards the end of the game and stand near the floodnights at the away end and watch the closing minutes from there. Then dive out behind the Grange End at the final whistle to avoid the crowd!

Your free to chose what to do ,no excuses needed, many leave if they have kids , elderly to avoid the rush . Buses. Train connections.

Many need to go watch wugger .

Many wanted to get in a pub and forget the game .

At least we were all there at some point and that's key ..