I can't recall who posted a stat, which said that Mark Hudson was in charge for 17 games, won 18 points, while Bulut's last 17 games have yielded 20 points. That has bubbled in the lonesome brain cell and I thought I'd have a look at other City managers' records for their last 17 games since 2000.

Jones 29
Cork 26
Slade 24
Warnock 24
Lawrence 23
Harris 20
Lamouchi 20
Bulut 20
McCarthy 18
Morison 18
Hudson 18
Mackay 17
Solskjaer 16

Trollope didn't last 17 games, unsurprisingly. The other manager, moved upstairs, was Bobby Gould. He had a better points per game ratio for his 9 games in charge than Harris, Lamouchi and Bulut.

Goals scored:

D Jones 28
Warnock 25
Cork 24
Harris 24
Solskjaer 21
Lamouchi 20
McCarthy 19
Slade 18
Lawrence 17
Bulut 15
Hudson 14
Mackay 13
Morison 12

Goals conceded:

Solskjaer 34
McCarthy 28
Lamouchi 26
Mackay 26
Bulut 25
Warnock 23
Harris 22
Cork 21
D Jones 19
Hudson 19
Morison 19
Slade 18
Lawrence 16

Of course, some stats will be a skewed by time spent in the Premier League.

Given how trigger happy our owner has been, statistically (at least), Bulut would appear to be on borrowed time. I'm not suggesting that Bulut should be given the bullet - I've said all season that he should have the entire season free from the threat of being sacked and we'll see where we are in May. But it would also be fair to say that Bulut is dining off what was a very good start to the season and, if things keep going as they are until the end of the season, I would be amazed if he's still here. Of course, I'd much rather see us find a way to improve and give us something to build on for next season.

I think it also deserves a mention that successive managers have had similar records with us. That can't reflect well on our board and owner.