+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil warnock "Aberdeen is my type of club"

Neil warnock "Aberdeen is my type of club"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...l/68224014.amp

Just like cardiff, QPR and about 25 others......

Still the best city manager in recent times of course but I just find it astonishing how bad most modern managers are dealing with the media when all you need to do is go in and talk about the passion of the fans, the history of the club and wanting to entertain and put smiles on faces etc and fans everywhere will lap it up, even if everyone knows you said the same thing at your previous 15 clubs. Not sure why some find this so difficult?

Re: Neil warnock "Aberdeen is my type of club"

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not sure why some find this so difficult?
    Media training. Saying nothing can’t backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...l/68224014.amp

Just like cardiff, QPR and about 25 others......

Still the best city manager in recent times of course but I just find it astonishing how bad most modern managers are dealing with the media when all you need to do is go in and talk about the passion of the fans, the history of the club and wanting to entertain and put smiles on faces etc and fans everywhere will lap it up, even if everyone knows you said the same thing at your previous 15 clubs. Not sure why some find this so difficult?
    Troy Deeney would have done himself a big favour had he watched some of Warnock's interviews.

Agree it is rather funny, in a cringey type of way, watching some of them.

Oozing with self-serving insincerity

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Oozing with self-serving insincerity
    I don't think it's insincerity. He must genuinely have a passion for what he does at his age and when he could be enjoying retirement full-time. Living in Cornwall and working in Aberdeen, albeit for a few months, takes some enthusiasm when he probably doesn't need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't think it's insincerity. He must genuinely have a passion for what he does at his age and when he could be enjoying retirement full-time. Living in Cornwall and working in Aberdeen, albeit for a few months, takes some enthusiasm when he probably doesn't need the money.
    My kind of club = any club that will employ me and pay me handsomely - that's sincerity for you !

My kind of club = any club that will employ me and pay me handsomely - that's sincerity for you !
    Paid handsomely for getting us to the PL and nearly keeping us there.

For all we know, he may have declined to clubs in the past that aren't his type of club. I have been to a number of grounds as a neutral and felt a bit of an affinity as a result. How many of us will even be attending matches at his age?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Paid handsomely for getting us to the PL and nearly keeping us there.
    And then blowing the club’s money (not his) on extremely iffy transfer deals.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And then blowing the club’s money (not his) on extremely iffy transfer deals.
    The 'iffy' bit is purely conjecture, developed by a handful of message board posters. The same as the bullying allegations against Steve Morison. Warnock's transfer dealings after relegation were poor, true, and he may have done a few favours, but I doubt he's any more guilty than any other manager..

The 'iffy' bit is purely conjecture, developed by a handful of message board posters. The same as the bullying allegations against Steve Morison. Warnock's transfer dealings after relegation were poor, true, and he may have done a few favours, but I doubt he's any more guilty than any other manager..
    You don’t reckon some of his deals were iffy??? I’ll start with the McKay brothers and Bacuna. And I don’t really care about other managers, Cardiff City managers are my concern.

Are you saying that, as a matter of principle, it's alright for any particular manager to be dishonest as long as all the other 91 are the same ?

Are you saying that, as a matter of principle, it's alright for any particular manager to be dishonest as long as all the other 91 are the same ?
    I think that he is trying to add some context here.

To single out Warnock as being the only manager who MIGHT have done this seems a little unfair when much more successful managers than him have been known to been involved in this sort of thing (Clough, Revie, George Graham)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that he is trying to add some context here.

To single out Warnock as being the only manager who MIGHT have done this seems a little unfair when much more successful managers than him have been known to been involved in this sort of thing (Clough, Revie, George Graham)
    As SP has already pointed out the only context here is Cardiff City

You don’t reckon some of his deals were iffy??? I’ll start with the McKay brothers and Bacuna. And I don’t really care about other managers, Cardiff City managers are my concern.
    Bacuna ? I'd be interested to learn about this.

Bacuna ? I'd be interested to learn about this.
    Three and a half year contract, wasn’t it? Do you reckon he was worth that commitment from the club? I noticed you swerved the McKay brothers.

Three and a half year contract, wasn’t it? Do you reckon he was worth that commitment from the club? I noticed you swerved the McKay brothers.
    Wasn't it four and a half years ?

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2019...eandro-bacuna/

Any idea who his agent was ?

For all we know, he may have declined to clubs in the past that aren't his type of club. I have been to a number of grounds as a neutral and felt a bit of an affinity as a result. How many of us will even be attending matches at his age?
    Pay me 25 grand per match and i'll be attending at 77

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Pay me 25 grand per match and i'll be attending at 77
    The older you get, making the most of one's finite time becomes more and more important than just banking money.

The older you get, making the most of one's finite time becomes more and more important than just banking money.
    Watching live sport and getting paid. It would do for me

The "iffy" bit is far from just conjecture. Neil Warnock has a long record of having his transfers queried by the football authorities starting from when he was QPR manager when he arranged the transfer (through the agent Willie McKay) to bring Joey Barton from Newcastle and there were questions about whether the transfer funds were fully and properly accounted for.
    Further FA enquiries followed when he was manager at Sheffield United, Crystal Palace and here at Cardiff City concerning player purchases through agencies employing his son James.
    All of the above are on the public record with a bit of research so can hardly be described as conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    The "iffy" bit is far from just conjecture. Neil Warnock has a long record of having his transfers queried by the football authorities starting from when he was QPR manager when he arranged the transfer (through the agent Willie McKay) to bring Joey Barton from Newcastle and there were questions about whether the transfer funds were fully and properly accounted for.
    Further FA enquiries followed when he was manager at Sheffield United, Crystal Palace and here at Cardiff City concerning player purchases through agencies employing his son James.
    All of the above are on the public record with a bit of research so can hardly be described as conjecture.
    Don’t bring other clubs into it! You’ll ruin the argument and get told off….. ;-)

It's his way, he's a success and he means it .

The clubs he has managed are just that ( his type of club ) good support , not elite. Passionate.

Best managers we've had in a long while.

Brilliant motivator.

Good at bringing clubs and fan's together.

Great football man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Don’t bring other clubs into it! You’ll ruin the argument and get told off….. ;-)
    Other clubs but same manager that’s in question. Bit different from citing Clough, Graham etc, managers with no connection to the City.

Other clubs but same manager that’s in question. Bit different from citing Clough, Graham etc, managers with no connection to the City.
    There you go! ;-)