Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil warnock "Aberdeen is my type of club"

Re: Neil warnock "Aberdeen is my type of club"

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Watching live sport and getting paid. It would do for me
    I shall cease my positive outlook and doff my cap to your profound cynicism

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Three and a half year contract, wasn’t it? Do you reckon he was worth that commitment from the club? I noticed you swerved the McKay brothers.
    Reading signed him on a 4yr deal from Aston Villa, and we did pretty much the same from Reading. He played 111 times for us. You can argue about the merits of the deal but as I asked, how was it 'iffy' ? The McKay bros if I remember rightly were never in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Reading signed him on a 4yr deal from Aston Villa, and we did pretty much the same from Reading. He played 111 times for us. You can argue about the merits of the deal but as I asked, how was it 'iffy' ? The McKay bros if I remember rightly were never in the squad.
    ‘Never in the squad’, the decision to take them on makes that even more iffy. As I’ve alluded to, I don’t particularly care about other
    clubs actions, so Reading’s dealings don’t interest me. Warnock had a a ‘parachute payment’ war chest which he pissed up the wall with inferior signings, signings which may have financially benefited him, allegedly, I say ‘allegedly’ but it can’t be denied that he has a chequered history in the murky financial football world.

Relegated clubs hope that parachute payments aid their aim of an immediate Premier League return and new players on longish contracts will play a part in both promotion and consolidation. Do you reckon the likes of Bacuna were signed with that in mind? And the McKay brothers….I despair, there was an ulterior motive in Warnock’s personal favour that prompted that deal in my opinion. The McKay connection certainly didn’t end well, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No-one seems to have mentioned who Bacuna's agent was

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    No-one seems to have mentioned who Bacuna's agent was
    Or which agent Joe Ralls and Sean Morrison were persuaded to move to

Junior Hoilett just signed for the dons

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Three and a half year contract, wasn’t it? Do you reckon he was worth that commitment from the club? I noticed you swerved the McKay brothers.
    Bacuna was an awful player

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Bacuna was an awful player
    A very, very lucky man. Gained several lucrative long term contracts throughout his career which his abilty clearly did not warrant.

I dont know what cut his agent got but he earned every single penny of it. He had Reading and Cardiffs pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Junior Hoilett just signed for the dons
    Good luck to him. He was a very good signing for us, as was Sol Bamba.

The vast majority of the rest of Colin`s signings for us were far less good and/or dubious in their nature.