+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Horse Racing Enthusiasts On Here ?

Any Horse Racing Enthusiasts On Here ?

A bucket lister for me next month, I'm off to the Dubai world cup. A few queries for those who know, or have been:

When will I be able to see the horses and jockeys for each of the races, to study form ?

Is the final race (the world cup) a make up of horses that have won during the day ?

Does betting on the day/night mean having to stay in contact with someone over here or a 'betting allowed' country ?

Thanks

Re: Any Horse Racing Enthusiasts On Here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    A bucket lister for me next month, I'm off to the Dubai world cup. A few queries for those who know, or have been:

When will I be able to see the horses and jockeys for each of the races, to study form ?

Is the final race (the world cup) a make up of horses that have won during the day ?

Does betting on the day/night mean having to stay in contact with someone over here or a 'betting allowed' country ?

Thanks
    Just stick a pin in the list of runners. It served my father in law for years, he always ended up “ holding his own “ but like most gamblers he died skint.

Thanks
    Betting is allowed at the track you can get a beer too….but not in the GA area.
    I’ve been there (it’s amazing), but not for a ‘big race’, and you could get up close to the parade ring. We paid a little more to go in the Grandstand….but it’s not expensive…although it will probably be a bit pricier on a cup day.

I honestly don’t know the answer about the last race….seems unusual to run a horse twice on the same day tho…they usually get 2/3 weeks between runs here.

Have a great trip !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Betting is allowed at the track you can get a beer too….but not in the GA area.
    I’ve been there (it’s amazing), but not for a ‘big race’, and you could get up close to the parade ring. We paid a little more to go in the Grandstand….but it’s not expensive…although it will probably be a bit pricier on a cup day.

I honestly don’t know the answer about the last race….seems unusual to run a horse twice on the same day tho…they usually get 2/3 weeks between runs here.

Have a great trip !
    Cheers, we have apron view tickets which are the next ticket up from GA. First time in Dubai for 17 years, so looking forward to seeing the changes.

no

Cheers, we have apron view tickets which are the next ticket up from GA. First time in Dubai for 17 years, so looking forward to seeing the changes.
    General admission was free when we went, and was only £8 to upgrade to the Grandstand

Thanks
    I went to the Dubai World Cup last year.

Race cards were available at the course (free if memory serves) that gave basic pieces of form. Racing post app will work on a mobile out there too and should have the entries from the day before.

Races are all separate and final race is just the headline race, bit like if you went to a UK race meeting but rather than around middle of the card for the feature race it’s the final one.

Yes although for some reason my apps worked over there providing I was on a 4/5G connection rather than WiFi. That’s expensive (I used my work phone) but that’s an option if your phone package happens to include roaming data in UAE. Other option would be a VPN or yes just text a mate back home to put on for you.

Few other points.

if you want a drink it is allowed on course in certain areas, usual Dubai prices.

Definitely worth the upgrade from general admission, the facilities, views and space are much better.

It’s quite out of the way and transport back will likely be a taxi. There’s an impressive fireworks display afterwards, if you aren’t bothered about that then go right on final race finishing to save significant time, if you want to see it then hang around but do finish up before the end, there’s a taxi rank there and as usual in Dubai, get a local taxi if possible rather than an off the meter or Uber (local taxis one of the few things you’ll find affordable in Dubai vs UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    I went to the Dubai World Cup last year.

Race cards were available at the course (free if memory serves) that gave basic pieces of form. Racing post app will work on a mobile out there too and should have the entries from the day before.

Races are all separate and final race is just the headline race, bit like if you went to a UK race meeting but rather than around middle of the card for the feature race it’s the final one.

Yes although for some reason my apps worked over there providing I was on a 4/5G connection rather than WiFi. That’s expensive (I used my work phone) but that’s an option if your phone package happens to include roaming data in UAE. Other option would be a VPN or yes just text a mate back home to put on for you.

Few other points.

if you want a drink it is allowed on course in certain areas, usual Dubai prices.

Definitely worth the upgrade from general admission, the facilities, views and space are much better.

It’s quite out of the way and transport back will likely be a taxi. There’s an impressive fireworks display afterwards, if you aren’t bothered about that then go right on final race finishing to save significant time, if you want to see it then hang around but do finish up before the end, there’s a taxi rank there and as usual in Dubai, get a local taxi if possible rather than an off the meter or Uber (local taxis one of the few things you’ll find affordable in Dubai vs UK)
    Good info thanks, I know there also used to be a free shuttle back to one of the malls, not sure if that still runs.