+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry v Milwall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coventry v Milwall

Preston hardly troubled us all game….I don’t even recall them having a corner all game? Our problem is obvious…not sticking the ball in the net when we are ‘on top’, poor form from our strikers, and no breaks (pen, deflection, miss hit shot etc) in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Preston hardly troubled us all game….I don’t even recall them having a corner all game? Our problem is obvious…not sticking the ball in the net when we are ‘on top’, poor form from our strikers, and no breaks (pen, deflection, miss hit shot etc) in front of goal.
    They didn't.

But strange how match stats can give a totally different picture from the one fans get watching the whole game as it happens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...rjqw01t?page=2

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They didn't.

But strange how match stats can give a totally different picture from the one fans get watching the whole game as it happens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...rjqw01t?page=2
    9 times out of 10 a team with our kind of stats on Saturday wins …..funny old game, that’s why we love it !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    9 times out of 10 a team with our kind of stats on Saturday wins …..funny old game, that’s why we love it !
    But those stats hardly tell the true story.

We had the first 5 chances of the match, all from outside the penalty area, 3 were saved (and when I say saved, I could have saved them with one arm in a sling). The first decent chance of the match came after we failed to defend against Riis Jakobsen and he slotted home with ease. They had the best two chances of the first half and scored with both. I could argue their 3 attempts on goal were the best 3 chances of the game.

2 of our 14 attempts on goal happened inside the Preston box.