+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Housekeeping ?

Housekeeping ?

Did anyone grow up in a house hold in which, the old man went to work and gave your mam housekeeping

In the early years I did, then in later years after we could look after ourselves, mum started her own working career and did O.K to be fair.

I've just informed Mrs HB, i'm going to put her on Housekeeping like her mother was, the response is unprintable, being slightly serious, women going out to work and have their own careers IMO, contributed to the house price explosion resulting in John and Jane dough with average salaries being unable to afford their castle. For the triggered, I'm 100% behind women having their careers.

Re: Housekeeping ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Did anyone grow up in a house hold in which, the old man went to work and gave your mam housekeeping

In the early years I did, then in later years after we could look after ourselves, mum started her own working career and did O.K to be fair.

I've just informed Mrs HB, i'm going to put her on Housekeeping like her mother was, the response is unprintable, being slightly serious, women going out to work and have their own careers IMO, contributed to the house price explosion resulting in John and Jane dough with average salaries being unable to afford their castle. For the triggered, I'm 100% behind women having their careers.
    Cause or effect? Chicken or egg?

This - from America - sort of supports your opinion that increased household income contributed to house price inflation rather than it was a reaction to increasingly unaffordable homes.

https://economics.stackexchange.com/...housing-prices

But I haven't ever seen any real evidence of which came first.

Dough

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Dough
    Fair play I've been meanied on this, cannot even blame the phone

Don't rise to it.

It seemed quite apt.

By the way, the divorce rate must have also been a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Don't rise to it.