+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who takes the blame?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who takes the blame?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The club has been run very poorly on the football side of things ever since Vincent Tan took over. Our choices of manager have been poor ever since Malky Mackay left with only Neil Warnock putting up any sort of argument against that statement. The quality of football played by Cardiff City in an era where I'd say there has been a move towards more entertainment and encouragement of skill has largely been dull, dated and unsuccessful with far too much emphasis on brute force. Of course, the various managers and their coaches are directly responsible for that, but who appointed them in the first place? It certainly doesn't strike me that Messrs Tan, Dalman and Choo are lovers of the "beautiful game" with the Chairman's personal choice of manager Erol Bulut being the dullest one of the lot when it comes to tactics and playing style - except, weirdly enough when we play with a weakened team in a cup tie when he goes all gung ho!
    Was that him or his assistant with the gung ho instructions? Bulut wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that him or his assistant with the gung ho instructions? Bulut wasn't there.
    He was for the other cup games wasn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He was for the other cup games wasn’t he?
    I remember a good win at Birmingham, helped by them having a player sent off, and an awful defensive display, albeit with a makeshift defence at Blackburn (didn't Rinomhota play centre back?). The Blackburn defeat came in the midst of a 4 game winning run in the league, but with a reserve side. Can't remember us going gung ho in the same way as we did against Wednesday in the FA cup, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember a good win at Birmingham, helped by them having a player sent off, and an awful defensive display, albeit with a makeshift defence at Blackburn (didn't Rinomhota play centre back?). The Blackburn defeat came in the midst of a 4 game winning run in the league, but with a reserve side. Can't remember us going gung ho in the same way as we did against Wednesday in the FA cup, but I could be wrong.
    Our attitude in the Cup games with Birmingham and Blackburn was much more adventurous than normal.