+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who takes the blame?

Who takes the blame?

The owner and the board, apart from putting money in which isn't far off expected for owner these days, what do they do? They don't have a clue. There are massive issues at the club and changing managers hasn't helped us in years.

The manager is responsible for developing the players, improving them, moulding them into a team that can perform his way, he isn't doing that.

The players listen to the manager, are they listening to his instructions or doing their own thing?

The players can blame the manager, the manager can blame the players, the board can say "we put the money in, look at the manager and players"

It's just one big blame circle. Cardiff City are in trouble.

Re: Who takes the blame?

How is the manager supposed to develop players in 8 months? This time last year we had played 31 games, had 29 points, and were 21st in the table. Look at the table today. Whatever is going on behind the scenes or on the pitch there has been an undeniable improvement. Are we where we want to be? Of course not. But I'm prepared to give Bulut a proper recruitment window and a pre-season with his own squad.

It's not the managers! mostly. Cardiff city is a shambles of a club when it comes to basically everything, academy scouting training etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How is the manager supposed to develop players in 8 months? This time last year we had played 31 games, had 29 points, and were 21st in the table. Look at the table today. Whatever is going on behind the scenes or on the pitch there has been an undeniable improvement. Are we where we want to be? Of course not. But I'm prepared to give Bulut a proper recruitment window and a pre-season with his own squad.
    8 months is about 1/15th of a footballer's career. If Bulut can't develop players in 8 months, he should be shown the door immediately.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes or on the pitch there HAD been an undeniable improvement.
    Corrected it for you.

The fans who have traditionally never supported the club in greater numbers should shoulder the blame as to why we have had to rely on less than perfect owners like chemo, kumar , hammam and tan

Those that do support us week in week out are fantastic

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    8 months is about 1/15th of a footballer's career. If Bulut can't develop players in 8 months, he should be shown the door immediately.
    How many players of his choice has he had to work with in 8mths. If it wasn't for the financial constraints we've found ourselves in over the last 12mths I think the squad would look very different now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Exactly, you'd think he could make some difference to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The fans who have traditionally never supported the club in greater numbers should shoulder the blame as to why we have had to rely on less than perfect owners like chemo, kumar , hammam and tan

Those that do support us week in week out are fantastic
    Sorry Smudger you can’t blame the fans or those who pick and choose what games to attend. City fans have always been fickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Exactly, you'd think he could make some difference to the players.
    Maybe he has - they seem to be getting worse!

A certain Mr Warnock had an immediate impact on the club, never mind 8 months. Can we say with any confidence that Bulut possesses the motivational and man management skills to develop players even if he was to be given another 12 months to do so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Sorry Smudger you can’t blame the fans or those who pick and choose what games to attend. City fans have always been fickle.
    We have a hard core of incredibly loyal fans

On Saturday I was in Aberkenfig near Bridgend and a coach load were outside a social club getting on a bus to the match

These fans will probably be up at West Brom

They live and breathe Cardiff City

The problem is compared to clubs like Sheffield Wednesday or Wolves or Forest is that we don't have enough loyal fans like this and never have......I think if we did we wouldn't have struggled for investment over the years and ended up with dodgy owners

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Maybe he has - they seem to be getting worse!
    You have a point, I was hoping for the better. I suppose Colwill works harder.

Does anyone need to be blamed? We have had issues for so long and managers, owner, Chairman can all take the blame. I would say this season has been better and an improvement. The summer recruitment I thought was impressive under an embargo. We have improved on points and not been fighting at the bottom end of the table. January was a little disappointing but I think a lot of clubs struggled to bring in players, our recruitments seemed reasonable and added.

I don’t think there is an instant fix over a summer with an embargo and a January transfer window which we all know is an awful time to add. I think the club have stepped it up generally after some appalling seasons.

Now is the time for Bulut to show he deserves a new contract after the January recruits. People probably won’t agree but I think the structure of the club has improved even if the football hasn’t.

I would love to know what massive issues we have at the club other than being slapped with very unfair transfer ban .

Having to cough up millions for Sala.

Underperformed over paid players .

Poor home vocal support .

Back the manager.

Be patient.

The club has been run very poorly on the football side of things ever since Vincent Tan took over. Our choices of manager have been poor ever since Malky Mackay left with only Neil Warnock putting up any sort of argument against that statement. The quality of football played by Cardiff City in an era where I'd say there has been a move towards more entertainment and encouragement of skill has largely been dull, dated and unsuccessful with far too much emphasis on brute force. Of course, the various managers and their coaches are directly responsible for that, but who appointed them in the first place? It certainly doesn't strike me that Messrs Tan, Dalman and Choo are lovers of the "beautiful game" with the Chairman's personal choice of manager Erol Bulut being the dullest one of the lot when it comes to tactics and playing style - except, weirdly enough when we play with a weakened team in a cup tie when he goes all gung ho!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The club has been run very poorly on the football side of things ever since Vincent Tan took over. Our choices of manager have been poor ever since Malky Mackay left with only Neil Warnock putting up any sort of argument against that statement. The quality of football played by Cardiff City in an era where I'd say there has been a move towards more entertainment and encouragement of skill has largely been dull, dated and unsuccessful with far too much emphasis on brute force. Of course, the various managers and their coaches are directly responsible for that, but who appointed them in the first place? It certainly doesn't strike me that Messrs Tan, Dalman and Choo are lovers of the "beautiful game" with the Chairman's personal choice of manager Erol Bulut being the dullest one of the lot when it comes to tactics and playing style - except, weirdly enough when we play with a weakened team in a cup tie when he goes all gung ho!
    Was that him or his assistant with the gung ho instructions? Bulut wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that him or his assistant with the gung ho instructions? Bulut wasn't there.
    He was for the other cup games wasn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He was for the other cup games wasn’t he?
    I remember a good win at Birmingham, helped by them having a player sent off, and an awful defensive display, albeit with a makeshift defence at Blackburn (didn't Rinomhota play centre back?). The Blackburn defeat came in the midst of a 4 game winning run in the league, but with a reserve side. Can't remember us going gung ho in the same way as we did against Wednesday in the FA cup, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    The owner and the board, apart from putting money in which isn't far off expected for owner these days, what do they do? They don't have a clue. There are massive issues at the club and changing managers hasn't helped us in years.

The manager is responsible for developing the players, improving them, moulding them into a team that can perform his way, he isn't doing that.

The players listen to the manager, are they listening to his instructions or doing their own thing?

The players can blame the manager, the manager can blame the players, the board can say "we put the money in, look at the manager and players"

It's just one big blame circle. Cardiff City are in trouble.
    This isn’t a Cardiff only problem you’ve just described the majority of clubs in the EFL who are at some point in this cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This isn’t a Cardiff only problem you’ve just described the majority of clubs in the EFL who are at some point in this cycle
    Birmingham City , Stoke .......both could be relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember a good win at Birmingham, helped by them having a player sent off, and an awful defensive display, albeit with a makeshift defence at Blackburn (didn't Rinomhota play centre back?). The Blackburn defeat came in the midst of a 4 game winning run in the league, but with a reserve side. Can't remember us going gung ho in the same way as we did against Wednesday in the FA cup, but I could be wrong.
    Our attitude in the Cup games with Birmingham and Blackburn was much more adventurous than normal.

Isn't it obvious who is to blame?

We have an absent owner, a part-time and often absent board, a revolving door for managers.... What is the one constant?

Tom Ramasut.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I was just having a bit of a laugh, hence the blame circle I mentioned. Everyone can just pass the buck