+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

Re: Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

I went to a superbowl party with 4 others in Manchester.

Crawled in at 5am and hungover as hell ever since

Commercial, capitalist shite

Sunday's Super Bowl drew 123 million viewers in the United States, making it the second most-watched US television broadcast in history, behind only the Apollo moon landing of 1969

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There are plenty of glory hunters. It's weird because you can often separate them by age. Dallas were last very successful in the early to mid-'90s. So their glory hunting fams will be of a certain age. Same with Pittsburgh, Miami, Green Bay etc.
    Seems a bit odd. At least over here the same teams win year after year so you always have a chance of scratching your glory hunting itch but imagine being a Dallas or Pittsburgh fan living in Missouri at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I just read that Michigan has the highest attendances in college football and averaged 109,000 per game last season. There was only 7 home games but still thats bonkers.
    I think the Buckeyes (Ohio State) have sold out every game since the 80s. Used to be 110k, now 102k. Their tribal rivalry with Michigan is off the scale. Columbus is midway between Cleveland & Cincinnati but all of the guys I worked with were Buckeye fanatics with only a passing interest in NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Commercial, capitalist shite
    I think any non-football fan could justifiably say the same about our game.

Messi did a Super Bowl ad for Michelob Light, which he's probably never tasted in his life.