+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workers Party of Britain

Workers Party of Britain

Now odds on to win Rochdale according to Odds checker.com

This is George Galloways latest party.

Re: Workers Party of Britain

The Green Party candidate was also axed by his party a week ago - for old social media posts.

Labour and Greens abandoning the fight.

I have no idea how this will play out but a lot of the press coverage in the last couple of days is presenting it as a shoot out between Gorgeous George and the disgraced former Labour MP Simon Danczuk who has reappeared as the Reform candidate.

Monster Raving Loonies to come through the middle?

From an uninspiring field I think Galloway may be the least worst option. He would certainly make Westminster more interesting for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Green Party candidate was also axed by his party a week ago - for old social media posts.

Labour and Greens abandoning the fight.

I have no idea how this will play out but a lot of the press coverage in the last couple of days is presenting it as a shoot out between Gorgeous George and the disgraced former Labour MP Simon Danczuk who has reappeared as the Reform candidate.

Monster Raving Loonies to come through the middle?

From an uninspiring field I think Galloway may be the least worst option. He would certainly make Westminster more interesting for a few months.
    It's quite extraordinary really. Green party discredited. Labour candidate discredited. Reform party previously dropped as an MP for messaging a 17 year old. Tory candidate seems okay but unpopular nationally. George Galloway is George Galloway.

I actually don't mind George Galloway. Probably because I find that he is reasonably polite along with his very strong views. I used to be a member of Respect and had a lot of time for him them, although I think he is very divisive now. He is also very pro- Brexit and says this on Labour:

"The working-class patriotic alternative to fake woke anti-British 'Labour'"

Would be quite something to have a "workers party of Britain" MP in the commons.

All a bit depressing too and shows how these historic issues, recordings, twitter posts and things come back to haunt you.

I think Labour are right to drop him but I do worry about entirely anodyne politics

As an anti-royalist would Galloway pledge the obligatory Oath of Allegiance to the King in order to take his place in Parliament if he were to win the seat? The dice are nicely loaded for the royals in that respect.

Simon Danczuk Is an interesting’ character, sacked by Labour back in mid 2020s for inappropriate sexual correspondence and images to a girl allegedly.
    Or you can vote for a person that thinks Israel allowed Oct 7 to happen and no council should fly an Israel flag
    Or there is Galloway and his ego
    Take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Simon Danczuk Is an interesting’ character, sacked by Labour back in mid 2020s for inappropriate sexual correspondence and images to a girl allegedly.
    Or you can vote for a person that thinks Israel allowed Oct 7 to happen and no council should fly an Israel flag
    Take your pick
    All of those appeal more than the tory lot

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Why haven't you mentioned your anti-Tory stance before?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why haven't you mentioned your anti-Tory stance before?
    I have been keeping it in reserve

Glory seeking MP' s on the back of anti semstism, and Muslims. Sir Kier knew this he's losing his Muslims?????

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not sure Danczuk does.

“All of those appeal more than the tory lot”
    Sludge
    So you prefer racists and sex pests, at least we now know…

Sludge
    I would spoil my ballot paper rather than vote Tory

Take your pick
    I'd happily vote for anybody who banned flags altogether.

It doesn't really feel fair, these people already have to live in Rochdale and now they are left to pick through this mess as well.

It;s just a dick waving contest
    If anyone puts any faith in any politician, they deserve all they get, self serving to$$ers.

Sludge
    Remind me why we've had so many by elections since the last general election again?
    Ok Rochdale is after a death but I'm sure a fair few others have been along the lines of bullies and sex pests resigning as Tory MPs

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Remind me why we've had so many by elections since the last general election again?
    Ok Rochdale is after a death but I'm sure a fair few others have been along the lines of bullies and sex pests resigning as Tory MPs
    Wasnt that Tory MPs who have been kicked out the house of commons (and rightly so) whilst in this case it's a former Labour MP (sex pest) and a future Labour MP (you will know what his views are against Jews / Israel are) who will be going back IN to the house of commons.

The Guardian are the remaining whipless MPs here there was also the strange case of Labour MP Jarard o'Mara - identified by the Guardian here and there was Peter Bone (I think he resigned / sacked) wandering hands. But as said these are MPs being kicked out not going back into the HoC under the Labour whip

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I'd happily vote for anybody who banned flags altogether.

It doesn't really feel fair, these people already have to live in Rochdale and now they are left to pick through this mess as well.
    🤣🤣

Wasnt that Tory MPs who have been kicked out the house of commons (and rightly so) whilst in this case it's a former Labour MP (sex pest) and a future Labour MP (you will know what his views are against Jews / Israel are) who will be going back IN to the house of commons.

The Guardian are the remaining whipless MPs here there was also the strange case of Labour MP Jarard o'Mara - identified by the Guardian here and there was Peter Bone (I think he resigned / sacked) wandering hands. But as said these are MPs being kicked out not going back into the HoC under the Labour whip
    I know I will regret this, but what are Azher Ali's views 'against Jews'?

He is clearly not a fan of Israel and has stupidly endorsed a conspiracy theory about 7 October. He has also given support to another suspended Labour MP who advocated peace and justice in Israel/Palestine. But don't hide or dodge. What has he said that you believe is anti semitic or hostile to Jews? He may have done that, but I haven't seen it. Up until 36 hours ago he had the full support of Louise Ellman who was telling anyone who would listen that Azhar Ali was a long-standing friend of the Jewish community.

Labour was right to dump him as a candidate - and should have done it earlier. The delay and the inconsistency of reaction to these situations - and the misuse of language - (highlighted again today by Martin Forde) has exposed their hypocrisy and incompetence.

But what were his 'views against Jews'? As I said further up this thread, if you are just substituting 'Jews' for 'Israel' in your allegation then you really need to do something about your own anti Semitism.

And while we are at it, what the hell (wake up Truthpaste!) does this mean:

'The Guardian are the remaining whipless MPs here there was also the strange case of Labour MP Jarard o'Mara - identified by the Guardian here and there was Peter Bone (I think he resigned / sacked) wandering hands. But as said these are MPs being kicked out not going back into the HoC under the Labour whip'

I have genuinely tried to make sense of it, but failed dismally. Are you typing under the influence?

Just seen this Guardian piece about the Labour councillors meeting where the comments were made that were leaked to, and reported by, the Daily Mail.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...i-graham-jones

Not sure what Graham Jones said that was wrong. Embarrassing for Starmer, certainly, but just saying '****ing Israel again" and arguing that no UK citizen should be fighting in the armed forced of another state unless there was a formal alliance with the UK is a reasonable position.

Azher Ali went full conspiracy nut. But the only thing he said that might be construed as anti Semitic was:

'In another recording, Ali said “people in the media from certain Jewish quarters” were “giving crap” about the MP Andy McDonald, who was suspended by Labour after he used the controversial phrase “between the river and the sea” in a speech during a rally.'

I assume he is talking about the Board of Deputies of British Jews, the Jewish Labour Movement, the Leadership Council and the Campaign Against Antisemitism. They are all pro-Israel, Zionist lobby groups - some affiliated with Labour, some with closer ties to the UK Tories and to Likud in Israel. He should not have implied that they represent Jews or speak for Jews in the UK (even though some of them claim that). The 'crap' wasn't coming from 'certain Jewish quarters', it was coming from pro Israel lobby groups. It was a political intervention, not one from a monolithic religious/cultural community. In that one respect he was flirting with a racist comment.

So Labour is picking the Reform Party and the Workers Party of Britain candidates in this by election are they?

Just seen this Guardian piece about the Labour councillors meeting where the comments were made that were leaked to, and reported by, the Daily Mail.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...i-graham-jones

Not sure what Graham Jones said that was wrong. Embarrassing for Starmer, certainly, but just saying '****ing Israel again" and arguing that no UK citizen should be fighting in the armed forced of another state unless there was a formal alliance with the UK is a reasonable position.

Azher Ali went full conspiracy nut. But the only thing he said that might be construed as anti Semitic was:

'In another recording, Ali said “people in the media from certain Jewish quarters” were “giving crap” about the MP Andy McDonald, who was suspended by Labour after he used the controversial phrase “between the river and the sea” in a speech during a rally.'

I assume he is talking about the Board of Deputies of British Jews, the Jewish Labour Movement, the Leadership Council and the Campaign Against Antisemitism. They are all pro-Israel, Zionist lobby groups - some affiliated with Labour, some with closer ties to the UK Tories and to Likud in Israel. He should not have implied that they represent Jews or speak for Jews in the UK (even though some of them claim that). The 'crap' wasn't coming from 'certain Jewish quarters', it was coming from pro Israel lobby groups. It was a political intervention, not one from a monolithic religious/cultural community. In that one respect he was flirting with a racist comment.
    Interesting quote in the headline piece of the G just now: “He acted very swiftly to do something no Labour leader or no party leader has done before, which was to suspend the campaigning support for our own candidate in the middle of a byelection.”

I see that anyone within earshot is now being targeted as 'unworthy'. Something that has to be challenged regularly is this absurd notion that the critique of Israel is antisemitic. There is no diplomatic way forward with that mindset.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ochdale-labour

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Interesting quote in the headline piece of the G just now: “He acted very swiftly to do something no Labour leader or no party leader has done before, which was to suspend the campaigning support for our own candidate in the middle of a byelection.”

I see that anyone within earshot is now being targeted as 'unworthy'. Something that has to be challenged regularly is this absurd notion that the critique of Israel is antisemitic. There is no diplomatic way forward with that mindset.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ochdale-labour
    Absolutely.

I was watching Sky and BBC news last night and both - in a single report from a single reporter - chose to describe the Graham Jones comments as 'offensive' at one point, 'inappropriate' at another, and finally felt the need to throw in 'antisemitic'. They may well have been offensive or inappropriate (not to me) but they certainly were not antisemitic.

It has become part of the lazy and politically loaded currency of political parties and media in much of the west (global north) to accept the redefinition of antisemitism that has been pushed by Israel, its lobbyists and proxies for over 40 years - that criticism of Israel or of its state ideology (Zionism) is antisemitic. It is one area where Israel has made progress in the court of public opinion - or at least public discourse. It went the other way when the label of apartheid stuck, and now that the charge of genocide is getting massive traction in the global south and pockets of the global north.

It is using distorted language and warped (IHRA) definitions for political purposes. But it also undermines work to tackle the real antisemitism that has escalated alongside Islamophobia in recent times - and perversely validates those who blame Jews around the world for the crimes of the Israeli state. So we end up in the bizarre place where Israeli and western leaders use antisemitic tropes to justify Israeli political or military actions, where anti Zionist Jews in their tens or hundreds of thousands are denounced as anti semites, and where racists regularly denounce anti-racists as racist!

Absolutely.

I was watching Sky and BBC news last night and both - in a single report from a single reporter - chose to describe the Graham Jones comments as 'offensive' at one point, 'inappropriate' at another, and finally felt the need to throw in 'antisemitic'. They may well have been offensive or inappropriate (not to me) but they certainly were not antisemitic.

It has become part of the lazy and politically loaded currency of political parties and media in much of the west (global north) to accept the redefinition of antisemitism that has been pushed by Israel, its lobbyists and proxies for over 40 years - that criticism of Israel or of its state ideology (Zionism) is antisemitic. It is one area where Israel has made progress in the court of public opinion - or at least public discourse. It went the other way when the label of apartheid stuck, and now that the charge of genocide is getting massive traction in the global south and pockets of the global north.

It is using distorted language and warped (IHRA) definitions for political purposes. But it also undermines work to tackle the real antisemitism that has escalated alongside Islamophobia in recent times - and perversely validates those who blame Jews around the world for the crimes of the Israeli state. So we end up in the bizarre place where Israeli and western leaders use antisemitic tropes to justify Israeli political or military actions, where anti Zionist Jews in their tens or hundreds of thousands are denounced as anti semites, and where racists regularly denounce anti-racists as racist!
    I think Ali should have been sacked straight away but Graham Jones seems a scapegoat

Absolutely.

It's like Arthur Miller and the McCarthy Witch hunt

Not read the Fred but if it's about the guy saying the massacre was allowed by netunyahoo I think he was correct, one of if not the most secure border in the world gets penetrated and no response for about 6 hours??? C'mon man!!!!! Hard to comprehend but this IMO was planned and executed willfully, the only question for me is if the Biden war machine was involved or if it was a lone strike by Netunyahoo, the labour MP should be allowed his opinion, the lobby has gone after and got him.