+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wright R2

Steve Wright R2

Passed away, 69

Re: Steve Wright R2

he was on air on Saturday or Sunday as I was explaining who he was and DJ's bad I the day used to have jingles, been up and down to Wales Saturday, Sunday and yesterday, but sure it was sat or Sunday he was on

Sad news, always enjoyed his afternoon show.

Wasn't his show called Steve Wright Sunday love songs?

Very sad.
    Quite liked the geeky DJ.

RIP

43 years of consistency but a marmite character. Thanks for the hundreds of hours of listening. RIP

His Sunday show was been prerecorded. Wouldn't have been recorded too long beforehand mind.
    He was a decent broadcaster, and even though much of his material was repetitive, he'll be missed.
    RIP

Due to the monotonous nature of the work, the bosses in Companies House in the 80s decided that radios would be allowed in the Microfiche library where I worked for about four years, so Radio One was on all day in there. Granted,the quality of the opposition wasn’t great, but Steve Wright was the best, funniest and most interesting of the four DJs I’d listen to in my working day by a country mile.

Really sad to hear of his passing as he was someone who always seemed so young in his outlook.

Only occasionally bother with these freds, I thought he was OK in his profession one of the better ones, just a pity he worked for such a despicable organisation.

What's he died of ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What's he died of ?
    Don't think any details have been released.

Another bites the dust, a very good DJ, starting to feel the grim reaper on my shoulder.

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    43 years of consistency but a marmite character. Thanks for the hundreds of hours of listening. RIP
    I had the pleasure of working for John Myers, a giant in the radio industry and responsible for launching Real Radio. He insisted that a good presenter should be marmite, for as long as some would hate them others would love them, passionately.

Quite apt that it should be announced in the afternoon.

R.I.P.

What's he died of ?
    A slipped disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A slipped disc.
    Risque, But i like it......

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Another bites the dust, a very good DJ, starting to feel the grim reaper on my shoulder.

R.I.P.
    I am 5 months older than he was

I have already felt the grim reaper on my shoulder. On August 15th 2022 when I had my cardiac arrest!

He can wait for a few years now.

I hope!

What's he died of ?
    Sex game gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Sex game gone wrong.
    ?

What's he died of ?
    Ran out of air time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Sex game gone wrong.
    Wasn't that Micheal Hutchinse ?

I couldn't listen to him. He had a habit of allowing just one verse and chorus of a song, then talking over the rest.

I had heard that most (maybe all) of the jingles used on his show were written by him. He'd earn royalties every time they were used and it was in his contract that they had to be used every show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had heard that most (maybe all) of the jingles used on his show were written by him. He'd earn royalties every time they were used and it was in his contract that they had to be used every show.
    Chris Moyles used to do that

I couldn't listen to him. He had a habit of allowing just one verse and chorus of a song, then talking over the rest.

I couldn't stand listening to him either. Radio 2 should be blown up, shot down,burnt down.......whatever it takes.....

He played shite music (as has every daytime Radio 1 DJ with the exception of the great Johnnie Walker - maybe a bit before your time Eric?). However, iI loved his sense of humour. His show was worth listening to for that alone.