+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time is Up

Re: Time is Up

I wouldn't care if bulut leaves as writing on the wall for him. After his little tantrum after plymouth he can't complain if he's booted. Maybe that's what he wants? He doesn't seem someone fighting to save his job and the players definitely aren't playing like they are fighting to save his job so it's just a matter of time now.

However there is zero chance the club would employ anyone good so it's hard to get excited about either way really.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The facts are then that despite this crap run we are 11 points better off

Well points win prizes or prevent relegation so the evidence suggests we should stick with bulut until the end of the season
    Do you really not get the concern that many City fans have? Not just on here, but it's the same theme with friends of mine on social media.

I just get the feeling that, to you, we had a good start, things aren't so good at the moment, but it's better overall than the last couple of years so, great.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We know it would be Purse.
    Can’t be worse.

Bulut is a dud. There’s no style of play, there’s no goals, no points and no progress. What is the point? Would you back him to make signings or improve this? I wouldn’t. This is as bad as we’ve seen recently, and we’ve had some shockers. Might as well give him a few more weeks to see if things improve and I hope they do but it would take an enormous turnaround for me to consider keeping him for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you really not get the concern that many City fans have? Not just on here, but it's the same theme with friends of mine on social media.

I just get the feeling that, to you, we had a good start, things aren't so good at the moment, but it's better overall than the last couple of years so, great.
    See the post above by father dougal

See the post above by father dougal
    Apathy.

I agreed until recently with the view that we have to stop the turnover of managers and give Bulut time to build, but even if results aren't going your way you need to see some signs of hope, some signs of improvement, some signs of a plan. Maybe the transfer window didn't go the way he hoped, but surely we could be playing better than we have been for the last few months with the squad we've got. Even when we've won we've not played well.
    Don't think he'll be sacked, but I can't see a new contract coming either.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I agreed until recently with the view that we have to stop the turnover of managers and give Bulut time to build, but even if results aren't going your way you need to see some signs of hope, some signs of improvement, some signs of a plan. Maybe the transfer window didn't go the way he hoped, but surely we could be playing better than we have been for the last few months with the squad we've got. Even when we've won we've not played well.
    Don't think he'll be sacked, but I can't see a new contract coming either.
    Excellent post. You're spot on, we need to see something, players improving, a system, a plan. There's nothing, absolutely nothing. We have a bloke up front in Etete who looks like a welsh league level player. He was never that poor to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Excellent post. You're spot on, we need to see something, players improving, a system, a plan. There's nothing, absolutely nothing. We have a bloke up front in Etete who looks like a welsh league level player. He was never that poor to start with.
    Aye, but we're 11 points better off than last season

Well we have seen these poor runs several times under recent city managers

So I fail to see the point of sacking bulut if we repeat the same?

Look at the jacks , spent 4 times what we did

And still crap

And still crap
    What, from the last 4 months, makes you think that Bulut should be in charge next season?

I've kept my mouth shut for the best part over Bulut. I've had serious doubts, but it's gone on too long now, without anything positive to hold on to. I'll also add that plenty of our players are ****ing Rhubarb. Although that doesn't excuse the utter hit we are witnessing on a weekly basis.

I've kept my mouth shut for the best part over Bulut. I've had serious doubts, but it's gone on too long now, without anything positive to hold on to. I'll also add that plenty of our players are ****ing Rhubarb. Although that doesn't excuse the utter hit we are witnessing on a weekly basis.
    I think it says a lot about our club that we've had successive managers who have not got much of a tune of our players, with the exception perhaps of Lamouchi (at times) and Bulut (for 2 months).

I thought he was alright at the start. Now I’ve had enough of inept performance after inept performance.

Also regarding Etete. How does someone so bloody tall never win headers and get bullied so much!?

I think it says a lot about our club that we've had successive managers who have not got much of a tune of our players, with the exception perhaps of Lamouchi (at times) and Bulut (for 2 months).
    Lamouchi had Kaba.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I thought he was alright at the start. Now I’ve had enough of inept performance after inept performance.

Also regarding Etete. How does someone so bloody tall never win headers and get bullied so much!?
    Getting rid of Bulut would be a mistake. He has shown that he can get the team playing as he did at the start of the season so changing managers AGAIN now would just be repeating the same old cycle.

That said…….what does he see in Etete? :-/

And still crap
    The point?

Well this season is done now. We aren't going up or down. Its as close to certain as you can get in football we know which division we are in next season. So the only thing now is to look at next season.

To counter that what's the point of him staying if he won't be here next season? For what? To consolidate 14th? If the club want to back him then fair enough get a contract sorted for next season (so we can sack him in october then) but if not then no point him staying a day longer really.

Lamouchi had Kaba.
    He wasn't great but looks like a Champions' League winner in comparison with our current forward line up. I thought Meite would have done more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Getting rid of Bulut would be a mistake. He has shown that he can get the team playing as he did at the start of the season
    When was this 5 minute spell? I must have missed it.

When was this 5 minute spell? I must have missed it.
    Have you forgotten the start of the season already, when we were 6th in the table having played most of the decent teams?

He wasn't great but looks like a Champions' League winner in comparison with our current forward line up. I thought Meite would have done more.
    Yeah I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Have you forgotten the start of the season already, when we were 6th in the table having played most of the decent teams?
    Sorry, I was replying to your comment about how Bulut has shown he can get the team playing as they were at the start. They haven't for 4 months.

Meite doesn't look right to me, like he's holding back a bit. He's a bit shit as well, doesn't really help things.....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The point?

Well this season is done now. We aren't going up or down. Its as close to certain as you can get in football we know which division we are in next season. So the only thing now is to look at next season.

To counter that what's the point of him staying if he won't be here next season? For what? To consolidate 14th? If the club want to back him then fair enough get a contract sorted for next season (so we can sack him in october then) but if not then no point him staying a day longer really.
    The only point in sacking bulut is if we can get a better manager in

He's only just brought in some new faces

If we sack him and bring in a new manager do you think its worth doing all this again in say next December when he's got the same sort of return that bulut has ?

This thread has summed up how football fans have changed for the worse, everyone crying for long term stability and growth but ready to sack everyone at the sign of regression.

Build for the future/long term blah blah.... if you progress in a perfectly linear way otherwise get out.

Fact of the matter is 75%+ of City fans were seriously worried about relegation this season.

The fact that we've been comfortably clear of the bottom 3 all year is signs of a good season, am I disappointed how we've fallen away? Yes of course but it shows the squad had limited depth and once 20-30 games in standards dropped, something we all knew.

The only point in sacking bulut is if we can get a better manager in

He's only just brought in some new faces

If we sack him and bring in a new manager do you think its worth doing all this again in say next December when he's got the same sort of return that bulut has ?
    Sludge, if you were in charge of the purse strings, would you feel comfortable about re-employing this guy based on the team's performances since October ?