+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut: Missed chances have once again cost us

Erol Bulut: Missed chances have once again cost us

The Bluebirds' manager bemoaned his side's inability to convert their chances in front of goal

https://nation.cymru/sport/cardiff-c...again-cost-us/

Re: Erol Bulut: Missed chances have once again cost us

“If you don’t score, it’s normal that at the end they get the second one because we were pushing to get the second one."

Call me a bit of a traditionist but wouldn't we have had to score one to push for the second?

Etete missed an absolute sitter at 1-0. You could tell Rambo was pissed off.

What does he means “chances”? We only had one. It was a bad miss, but I can’t remember any others we had.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Etete missed an absolute sitter at 1-0. You could tell Rambo was pissed off.
    Still no striker in the door? Or did we? Did he play him?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What does he means “chances”? We only had one. It was a bad miss, but I can’t remember any others we had.
    I think a better striker would have been in a better position and had a tap in for either Ramsey knock down, but other than that it’s a completely valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    xG has it at 0.13 to score from there, so maybe it was a more difficult chance than we think. Ramsey's header back across goal has bounced before Etete makes contact, so it's already rising. Any contact much below centre will send the ball over the bar. If he manages to make contact before it bounces it would surely fly in.

surely getting a forward ought to have been top priority. we fanny around with other positions but you need to score goals to win games. the whole setup at City is a mess and stinks of incompetence. confidence must be shot to bits and frankly Bulut's comments won't help build moral which must be pretty low.

and again the clickbait comic is back

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    surely getting a forward ought to have been top priority. we fanny around with other positions but you need to score goals to win games. the whole setup at City is a mess and stinks of incompetence. confidence must be shot to bits and frankly Bulut's comments won't help build moral which must be pretty low.
    I think Bulut's public comments over the last few months, while they've been quite frank, can't have helped morale either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think Bulut's public comments over the last few months, while they've been quite frank, can't have helped morale either.
    I think Bulut has lost the dressing room. Most players have gone downhill since October, they don't seem to be playing with any real enthusiasm.

Every time I look at the team sheet and see Meite starting I’ve had a fifty on the other side
    I know betting against your team goes against the grain but deep down I’m hoping Karma bites me on the arris but it never does
    Starting Meite is like playing with ten men
    He’s worse than Ojo
    Lazy- can’t trap a ball - devoid of skill
    I watched the West Brom game with West Brom commentators last night
    They actually laughed when he had that solitary shot on I think 56 minutes which ended up flying past the corner flag
    When Meite went down feigning injury the commentators remarked that the only thing injured was his ego
    How right they were
    The guys an embarrassment masquerading as a professional footballer
    We’ve got no money
    Give Ashford a run in the side
    What have we got to lose???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I think Bulut has lost the dressing room. Most players have gone downhill since October, they don't seem to be playing with any real enthusiasm.
    I wonder if that coincides with what appears to be Bulut losing faith with those in charge at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Every time I look at the team sheet and see Meite starting I’ve had a fifty on the other side
    I know betting against your team goes against the grain but deep down I’m hoping Karma bites me on the arris but it never does
    He’s worse than Ojo
    They actually laughed when he had that solitary shot on I think 56 minutes which ended up flying past the corner flag
    When Meite went down feigning injury the commentators remarked that the only thing injured was his ego
    How right they were
    We’ve got no money
    I don't think it's fair to call Meite lazy- he's a big lump but he puts himself about- whether hes any good is a different matter- he's neither a proper striker nor a proper winger and he looks a bit lost much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    “If you don’t score, it’s normal that at the end they get the second one because we were pushing to get the second one."

Call me a bit of a traditionist but wouldn't we have had to score one to push for the second?
    The second goal of the game, not Cardiff's second.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I don't think it's fair to call Meite lazy- he's a big lump but he puts himself about- whether hes any good is a different matter- he's neither a proper striker nor a proper winger and he looks a bit lost much of the time.
    I agree, unfortunately I think he’s the wrong side in terms of age and a lot of major injuries… he’s definitely a step slow and it shows in the number of silly fouls he gives away, but I wouldn’t call him lazy either. He’s trying out there as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    He’s worse than Ojo
    How right they were
    We’ve got no money
    He isn’t the best but would never say he’s lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The second goal of the game, not Cardiff's second.
    I did realise I'd jumped on that in a fit of disappointment and general peed-offness last night.

I wonder if that coincides with what appears to be Bulut losing faith with those in charge at the club?
    I agree here. I do think Bulut has lost faith with those in charge of the club and would be extremely surprised if he was here next season. His attitude has definitely rubbed off on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He isn’t the best but would never say he’s lazy.
    not lazy..but "not the best" is flattering. Meite is shit and his record says so...his performances are a good second opinion too

xG has it at 0.13 to score from there, so maybe it was a more difficult chance than we think. Ramsey's header back across goal has bounced before Etete makes contact, so it's already rising. Any contact much below centre will send the ball over the bar. If he manages to make contact before it bounces it would surely fly in.
    What’s all this crap with xg? It’s a load of baloney and doesn’t mean a thing. You either score or you don’t. Friggin’ hell all this so-called malarkey is alien to anyone with normal intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What’s all this crap with xg? It’s a load of baloney and doesn’t mean a thing. You either score or you don’t. Friggin’ hell all this so-called malarkey is alien to anyone with normal intelligence.
    He's our right back isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I was just using it to demonstrate it wasn't as easy a chance as many seem to think it was.

Not one for ranting and raving between games...but this comment today takes the biscuit...
    Erol Bulut: "We create a lot and we miss a lot. This is the problem. We have chances but we are missing a lot."

AM I missing something in the games I see? Create a lot??

I was just using it to demonstrate it wasn't as easy a chance as many seem to think it was.
    No, even in real time watching from behind the goal, it wasn’t easy. But, professional strikers are professional strikers because they put away the difficult chances. Professional strikers are, obviously, in a pecking order, the ones who can put away the ‘impossible’ as well as the run of the mill are a rare breed and perform at the highest level, and so it goes on down the levels. We are competing at a very high level, not the top admittedly, but the Championship is not a mug’s division and our chances are at a minimum, chances like this one have to go in. Etete, God knows how, has found himself playing at a standard way above his capabilities.