+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff “brushed aside” by functional West Brom.

Cardiff “brushed aside” by functional West Brom.

Early days yet, but little sign so far that the new signings are making a difference.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Cardiff “brushed aside” by functional West Brom.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Early days yet, but little sign so far that the new signings are making a difference.

Well it's moribund as a report but it's spot on

We need to shape up

The tone of your report is indicative of the dismay I suspect many City fans are feeling right now. It must be getting more and more difficult for you to put any positive spin in your reports when confronted by the lame performances on the pitch. Still, your efforts are very much appreciated, thanks.

Don't shoot the messenger! TOBW reports on the games as he sees them and with accuracy too. We have become a team which has been totally sussed out by our opponents: and as has been discussed elsewhere the most worrying thing is out home ground has become a fortress (we cannot get any points / results from it) ! The rare aware win is masking what has become a horror season which started with such promise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger! TOBW reports on the games as he sees them and with accuracy too. We have become a team which has been totally sussed out by our opponents: and as has been discussed elsewhere the most worrying thing is out home ground has become a fortress (we cannot get any points / results from it) ! The rare aware win is masking what has become a horror season which started with such promise.
    The ultimate question being asked is should we sack bulut to deal with this

The answer should really be no as he's not had anything to play with and his side has got more points than the financial situation would suggest it should

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    I'm most certainly not being critical of Bob's report. Just stating that it must get very difficult having to report on the dross that's put before him game after game. Probably a good idea for him to have a therapist on standby !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

No.

Turnbull has been particularly anonymous running around a lot and then passing the ball sideways on the very rare occasion that he gets it.

Early days though as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm most certainly not being critical of Bob's report. Just stating that it must get very difficult having to report on the dross that's put before him game after game. Probably a good idea for him to have a therapist on standby !
    It is hard because, as you hint at, the faults have been the same with the team for years - we’re pretty good defensively, hardworking but uninspired in a midfield that struggles to create anything, lacking an established Championship standard striker and we have wingers who don’t supply enough crosses or score enough goals. I’ve just had a read of my West Brom piece and it is pretty bleak stuff, but, I think about that post of Eric’s about us only having scored five goals in a game once in the last decade and the truth is that these days we don’t have five instances where I get excited at the possibility of a goal in a game. I only felt like once last night, not at all on Saturday, not at all against Leeds and not at all against Leicester - that’s our last three home games without the prospect of a single goal scored

Oh for the days when we could lament missed chances being 'robbed' by the referee. Lately we seem to be just the supporting act, enabling the fixture to take place..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Oh for the days when we could lament missed chances being 'robbed' by the referee. Lately we seem to be just the supporting act, enabling the fixture to take place..
    That's a good way of putting it. We turn up but that's the limit of our participation. We've fluked a few wins but I can't think of any games where the opposition have taken any undeserved points off us.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's well put, it's how I feel.

Not an easy gig being a City manager.