+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emirates FA Cup

Emirates FA Cup

no more fa cup games on itv i guess

Re: Emirates FA Cup

Incorrect, the second part of that post on X outlines games will also remain on free to air, the final is included.

According to an extract from this article posted in the mail ( https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-blackout.html )

"Under the terms of the deal at least two matches from each round up to the quarter-finals, one semi-final and the final must be shown on free-to-air television, with TNT responsible for selling on the rights to a broadcast partner."

Does that package cover the whole competition?
    At the moment coverage is split between the BBC and itv.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Does that package cover the whole competition?
    At the moment coverage is split between the BBC and itv.
    I think so, reading the article (definitely from the 1st round not sure about the qualifying rounds). It looks like ITV are favourites for the free to air part, TNT have the pick of the games and then will sell the rights to Free to Air. The joint deal with BBC and ITV ends 2024-25 season.

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    I think so, reading the article (definitely from the 1st round not sure about the qualifying rounds). It looks like ITV are favourites for the free to air part, TNT have the pick of the games and then will sell the rights to Free to Air. The joint deal with BBC and ITV ends 2024-25 season.
    I would hope the BBC is able to keep live games and highlights. Their online coverage has been really good in particular and no other broadcaster could match that.