+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supporters Trust statement on the January Transfer Window

Re: Supporters Trust statement on the January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I'll join the stupid question club as I have asked this before and no-one answered but why don't we have someone in the club who knows this rather than being told by an outside source what we can and can't afford and therefore not waste time chasing unrealistic targets or in our case being held up and then signing players from god knows how far down on our preference list

It's like going out on the field of play and Ng handling the ball in our area and the ref giving a penalty and our players asking why or am I missing the point here
    FFP submissions include two sets of actual financial results and one of a forecast result - next set being actuals for 2022 and 2023 plus a forecast for 2024.
    The forecast is scrutinised closely and requires "approval", this means clubs near the limits seek some definitive feedback during the Jan transfer window on what will be accepted so they can stay within the FFP limits.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    FFP submissions include two sets of actual financial results and one of a forecast result - next set being actuals for 2022 and 2023 plus a forecast for 2024.
    The forecast is scrutinised closely and requires "approval", this means clubs near the limits seek some definitive feedback during the Jan transfer window on what will be accepted so they can stay within the FFP limits.
    So a further punishment for being close to the limits by having approval during the window but surely there should still be a degree of confidence within the club that allows them to commit to a certain budget even if it is conservative because looking from the outside in it looks like we thought we had one budget leading into the window and completely different one by the end??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    So a further punishment for being close to the limits by having approval during the window but surely there should still be a degree of confidence within the club that allows them to commit to a certain budget even if it is conservative because looking from the outside in it looks like we thought we had one budget leading into the window and completely different one by the end??
    I think it more likely that they were "pushing the envelope" on some things and were told they wouldn't get away with it in the final submission - hence, a little less leeway on available spend in the transfer window.