+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Supporters Trust statement on the January Transfer Window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Supporters Trust statement on the January Transfer Window

Not shy on asking stupid questions. Would somebody like to explain to me like I'm 5...

How does a club that's been under an embargo, hence not been spending money, how are we in a position where we are having to watch the pennies? I know we gave a fee for Turnbull and I expect for some of the loans, I just can't understand after a period of literally spending zero we have to wait and hear last minute what we can spend.

Also, I spoke to a City fan in work (never met him before in my life) who said we've had £20mil for Sala? this surely isn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Not shy on asking stupid questions. Would somebody like to explain to me like I'm 5...

How does a club that's been under an embargo, hence not been spending money, how are we in a position where we are having to watch the pennies? I know we gave a fee for Turnbull and I expect for some of the loans, I just can't understand after a period of literally spending zero we have to wait and hear last minute what we can spend.

Also, I spoke to a City fan in work (never met him before in my life) who said we've had £20mil for Sala? this surely isn't true?

We are having to restrict spending because for several seasons we have been incurring financial losses at or around the allowable level under Profitability and Sustainability rules (FFP) . The EFL have been clamping down on all clubs, especially at Championship level . for the last couple of years. The audited May 2023 accounts which are due to be filed at Companies House by the end of this year should make for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    We are having to restrict spending because for several seasons we have been incurring financial losses at or around the allowable level under Profitability and Sustainability rules (FFP) . The EFL have been clamping down on all clubs, especially at Championship level . for the last couple of years. The audited May 2023 accounts which are due to be filed at Companies House by the end of this year should make for interesting reading.

Most clubs audited accounts for the end of year which have been submitted make very interesting reading, have a look at Swiss Rambles website

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

I don't think we are currently under any embargo/restrictions, but from what the OP said, there's a new body that has been scrutinizing clubs' accounts - up to end of December, and they took until late in January to confirm we were OK..