+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 1970

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City 1970

I can't remember if I was still behind the goal or had started to venture over to the Bob Bank near the camera gantry. Anyhow, great times. Toshack was unplayable in the air and Gibson was a magician.

I've always thought that it was John Toshacks last game for us?
    It was my first game that season after four months RAF training in Lincoln and midway through my Air Traffic Controller training at Shawbury (best forces food anywhere) just outside Shrewsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    I've always thought that it was John Toshacks last game for us?
    It was my first game that season after four months RAF training in Lincoln and midway through my Air Traffic Controller training at Shawbury (best forces food anywhere) just outside Shrewsbury.
    It was his last home game, i can’t remember if we played the away leg of the Nantes tie in the week before we played Hull or whether it was the week after, but Tosh’s last match for us was at QPR a week after we stuffed Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was his last home game, i can’t remember if we played the away leg of the Nantes tie in the week before we played Hull or whether it was the week after, but Tosh’s last match for us was at QPR a week after we stuffed Hull.

The away game in Nantes was midweek (4 November) after the Hull game (31 October) and before the QPR game (7 November). The Nantes game was won 2-1 with goals from Toshack (12) and Brian Clark (76). It was Toshack's last goal for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    The away game in Nantes was midweek (4 November) after the Hull game (31 October) and before the QPR game (7 November). The Nantes game was won 2-1 with goals from Toshack (12) and Brian Clark (76). It was Toshack's last goal for Cardiff.

Memories of the one eared Echo seller outside the ground, obligatory cloth cap and long rain mac.