+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The last throws of Phil Taylor coming up?

The last throws of Phil Taylor coming up?

2-0 down in a first to win 3 sets at the World Seniors averaging less than 70. While his best years are clearly behind him, he retires completely after this tournament. Looking like it might be tonight, so it's witnessing the last darts of a legend.

Re: The last throws of Phil Taylor coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    2-0 down in a first to win 3 sets at the World Seniors averaging less than 70. While his best years are clearly behind him, he retires completely after this tournament. Looking like it might be tonight, so it's witnessing the last darts of a legend.
    My lad went to the Premier league of darts in Cardiff a few weeks back ended up drinking with a few of the darts players after the event.
    He said they were all sound Aspinal bought him a pint, one thing they all agreed on was Taylor was an absolute James hunt.

Taylor out 3-2. End of an incredible career.

Are any of his celebrity friends there?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I like his wife...Jenny! 😜

Throes.

Game Of Throwns

Prince Andrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Prince Andrew?

I remember the patronising prick used to make his beaten opponent sign the dart board and then he’d hand it to whichever z list celebrity he’d made chums with that week.

I can’t stand him. I think the fact a 16 time world champion is rarely used on punditry after his retirement says a lot about how he’s viewed in the industry. Any other sport the broadcasters would be clamouring to have someone so decorated on their channel.

I remember the patronising prick used to make his beaten opponent sign the dart board and then he’d hand it to whichever z list celebrity he’d made chums with that week.

I can’t stand him. I think the fact a 16 time world champion is rarely used on punditry after his retirement says a lot about how he’s viewed in the industry. Any other sport the broadcasters would be clamouring to have someone so decorated on their channel.
    Maybe he's not interested in it. I think I've heard him in the commentary box once and it wasn't great. Some aren't suited to it, like Sean Murphy commentating on snooker. Wish they'd give him the boot.

Maybe he's not interested in it. I think I've heard him in the commentary box once and it wasn't great. Some aren't suited to it, like Sean Murphy commentating on snooker. Wish they'd give him the boot.
    I think it’s more to do with the fact he can’t give anyone but himself any credit. Especially MVG, he just couldn’t bring himself to say anything positive about him, he’s so bitter that he knocked him off his perch.

Sky Sports got rid of Andy Gray and Richard Keys for sexism, inappropriate behaviour and misogyny.

They're not going to have a convicted sex pest as a pundit.

Fat thumb syndrome.