+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff’s “plucky underdogs” blown away at Norwich.

Cardiff’s “plucky underdogs” blown away at Norwich.

Ramsey missing again as City continue to look like a relegation team.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Cardiff’s “plucky underdogs” blown away at Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ramsey missing again as City continue to look like a relegation team.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    The first part of your report, perfectly sums things up as they currently stand regarding Cardiff City. Which I will return to later.

In seasons when we have been there, or thereabouts, challenging near the top end of the table, Norwich are one of a couple of teams that when we play against I use as a guage as to our chances of promotion. Usually because they are good.

When we played them earlier this season, my impression was that Norwich are currently not the force they once were. I would say that they were in one of their current re-building phases that their owners sometimes (usually with good effect) mange to do.

I thought at the time we played them earlir at home, we both looked like decent (read limted), middling (read boring), table teams.

I didn’t see yesterday’s game only the goals this morning. I listened to the commentary on radio Wales and if anyone cares to use my where are we in terms of Norwich analogy, it is plain to see we are the plucky lower league underdog.

Re: Cardiff’s “plucky underdogs” blown away at Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    The first part of your report, perfectly sums things up as they currently stand regarding Cardiff City. Which I will return to later.

In seasons when we have been there, or thereabouts, challenging near the top end of the table, Norwich are one of a couple of teams that when we play against I use as a guage as to our chances of promotion. Usually because they are good.

When we played them earlier this season, my impression was that Norwich are currently not the force they once were. I would say that they were in one of their current re-building phases that their owners sometimes (usually with good effect) mange to do.

I thought at the time we played them earlir at home, we both looked like decent (read limted), middling (read boring), table teams.

I didn’t see yesterday’s game only the goals this morning. I listened to the commentary on radio Wales and if anyone cares to use my where are we in terms of Norwich analogy, it is plain to see we are the plucky lower league underdog.
    Norwich were pretty impressive yesterday and clearly can score enough goals to mount a genuine top six challenge, but I thought there was a carelessness at the back (maybe because they had little respect for our attacking prowess?) which other teams will fancy punishing. They were very open as well, which probably played a part in bringing on our decent ten to fifteen minutes around the time we scored. This meant that, for a short while, the game had a basketball type feel to it as each side took it in turns to attack - you usually get that sort of thing towards the end of matches when players are tired, but this was in the game’s first quarter. Things soon reverted to attack v defence because we’re not good enough to sustain any attacking play for long and Norwich started concentrating better.

Norwich were nothing special down here, but they were the better side because, like virtually everyone else we play in the Championship, they retained the ball better than us.

Radio Wales was asking last night if this meant that our Play Off challenge was over it was back in November - if I were a fan of Sheffield Wednesday and QPR (I think Rotherham are gone) I’d be noting our results and performances with a lot of interest. I still think we did well enough early on to stay up, but two defeats in our next two games and I’ll be starting to change my mind.