+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Start of the 2026/27 season

Start of the 2026/27 season

What division do you see us playing in?

Re: Start of the 2026/27 season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We had better be in the Premier league, cos after one of the home game horror shows this season, when my Grandson and me were walking back to the car in the pouring rain and there seemed no hope of seeing decent football ever again… I said to him that this was as bad as it gets and will start to turn a corner and gradually improve and start winning. I said mark my words, that by the time I am 65, we will be playing in the Champions League.

For that to happen, we ought to be ending the 2026/27 season in the necessary qualifying spot.

I’ll bite your hand off now for 1st position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll go positive. League 1 but playing some good football and having some entertaining games.

Championship

We will be in the Championship pushing for promotion, maybe even in the Premier League.
    I think what everyone has lost sight of in the current mess is that our FFP position is severely constrained by the massive losses recorded in 2022 - £29million!
    We effectively get up to that amount to "invest" in the squad from next season.

Championship

We’ll be in the European Super league, preparing for champions league trips to Al Nassr and Inter Miami. Warnock will have just resigned as we are not his type of club anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    We will be in the Championship pushing for promotion, maybe even in the Premier League.
    I think what everyone has lost sight of in the current mess is that our FFP position is severely constrained by the massive losses recorded in 2022 - £29million!
    We effectively get up to that amount to "invest" in the squad from next season.
    And you trust them to spend that well

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    And you trust them to spend that well
    Three good 4/5 million players will serve us well plus we could have three 4/5 million duds!

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    We had better be in the Premier league, cos after one of the home game horror shows this season, when my Grandson and me were walking back to the car in the pouring rain and there seemed no hope of seeing decent football ever again… I said to him that this was as bad as it gets and will start to turn a corner and gradually improve and start winning. I said mark my words, that by the time I am 65, we will be playing in the Champions League.

For that to happen, we ought to be ending the 2026/27 season in the necessary qualifying spot.

I’ll bite your hand off now for 1st position.
    Mate, you’ll have to stop smoking that stuff!

As incompetent as I think Tan / Dalman / Choo are, I think there's always been enough interest and investment from them to beat the Rotherham and Wigans of the world.

So same league. Same lackluster style of football. Same everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    We’ll be in the European Super league, preparing for champions league trips to Al Nassr and Inter Miami. Warnock will have just resigned as we are not his type of club anymore.
    European league you say..

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    As incompetent as I think Tan / Dalman / Choo are, I think there's always been enough interest and investment from them to beat the Rotherham and Wigans of the world.

So same league. Same lackluster style of football. Same everything.

League 2, hoping we draw Premier League newcomers Wrexham in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    League 2, hoping we draw Premier League newcomers Wrexham in the cup.

If Wrexham get out of League 1 by 2026/27, I’d be amazed

If we carry on the way we have been the past few years possibly League 1

Though probably the Championship. A fear for next season is if 3 good teams come up from League 1, there's usually a Rotherham/Wigan/Peterborough who come up to go down but I can't see Derby & Portsmouth going that way

Watching Final Score on Saturday and taking more of an interest in those ex-league teams who have experienced their fall from grace, and are now languishing in the National League and below; Oldham (PL 1992), Chesterfield (L1 2011), Scunthorpe (CH 2009), Torquay (L1 2004), Yeovil (CH 2014).

I bet the majority of their fans never saw that coming. Who's to say it won't happen closer to home?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Watching Final Score on Saturday and taking more of an interest in those ex-league teams who have experienced their fall from grace, and are now languishing in the National League and below; Oldham (PL 1992), Chesterfield (L1 2011), Scunthorpe (CH 2009), Torquay (L1 2004), Yeovil (CH 2014).

I bet the majority of their fans never saw that coming. Who's to say it won't happen closer to home?
    Swansea?

International

Championship as long as we don't sack Bulut and appoint a novice like Harris, Morison or Purse.

We need a football man to stop the rot.