+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do young people cope?

Re: How do young people cope?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's worth looking up what this is spent on. Our council budget was released a few weeks back, 50% of the overall county council budget went to adult social care.

People think their council tax covers people to pick their bins up and potholes, which makes people think it's terrible value. Social care should be centrally funded to take away this lottery of funding, some councils will be in a far worse place than others because of demographics.
    Council funding has also been a terrific sleight of hand. Westminster allowed councils to keep business rates in place of some central funding, so councils in areas that can generate more rates will be better off. It doesn't help that some believe that business rates are a part of the reason for declining town centres.

Council tax only makes up around 10-15% of council funding, so the public don't see the real extent of how much council funding is cut. They just see council tax rises and less services and often think there's huge amounts of money being wasted.

feck the young, they can borrow a pram from family. how do the old cope ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    feck the young, they can borrow a pram from family. how do the old cope ?
    Ya, youth is wasted on the young !!!

How come they always buy the most expensive lagers ?

Do you mean the best union in the world doesn’t work? GREAT Britain blah blah. I emigrated and wouldn’t return now, Wales has so much potential but the public are too scared and downbeat.

I’ve never met a more depressing, pessimistic nation of people. Wales powered the world at one point and has nothing to show for it

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We've recently found out we're expecting our first child and went to look at prams and newborn stuff yesterday.

For the most popular brand it was a staggering £1400 for just a pram and car seat.

Mid terrace 2 bed house for rent in Canton is about £1400/month

Car insurance is about £750 for a 25 year old.

And I know everyone is in the same boat with high costs, but how are young familes (younger than me) supposed to survive these days when they're stuck in entry level jobs?
    Those lucky people who were young in 1939 had it so much easier they didn't have to worry about prams or buying a nice house in a suburb, the government looked after them providing them with a nice free trench and free food, it's so tough now.

International

We've recently found out we're expecting our first child and went to look at prams and newborn stuff yesterday.

For the most popular brand it was a staggering £1400 for just a pram and car seat.

And I know everyone is in the same boat with high costs, but how are young familes (younger than me) supposed to survive these days when they're stuck in entry level jobs?
    If you spend £1400 on a pram and £1400pm to rent 2 bedroom house in Canton you need locking up.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Those lucky people who were young in 1939 had it so much easier they didn't have to worry about prams or buying a nice house in a suburb, the government looked after them providing them with a nice free trench and free food, it's so tough now.
    Put the Daily Mail down Gammon Face.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Put the Daily Mail down Gammon Face.
    Says someone angry with a red face

The softest attempt at an insult I've ever heard.

Says someone angry with a red face

The softest attempt at an insult I've ever heard.
    Is that all you could come up with? At the second attempt too

People shouldnt complain about their current state of affairs because there was a war nearly 100 years ago. Lets be fair.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Is that all you could come up with? At the second attempt too

People shouldnt complain about their current state of affairs because there was a war nearly 100 years ago. Lets be fair.
    It was soft, gammon face so offensive

No point crying on message boards because 50% don't care and the other 50% are glad you're having a sht time, just get on with it.

The post is nonsense anyway who would spend £1400 on a pram and £1400pm on renting 2 beds in Canton?

ebay have nearly new prams for £50.

Do you realise your statement only refers to people who are over 100? Which is about 15,000.

It was soft, gammon face so offensive

No point crying on message boards because 50% don't care and the other 50% are glad you're having a sht time, just get on with it.

The post is nonsense anyway who would spend £1400 on a pram and £1400pm on renting 2 beds in Canton?

ebay have nearly new prams for £50.
    Does eBay have a 2 bed flat for 50 quid a month?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Does eBay have a 2 bed flat for 50 quid a month?
    Yes send the money to some guy in Nigeria and he will sort it all out for you

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Yes send the money to some guy in Nigeria and he will sort it all out for you
    Can you ask him when I will be receiving the genuine princess he promised me. Thanks in advance

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Can you ask him when I will be receiving the genuine princess he promised me. Thanks in advance
    He said yes but there was an accident and her mother got ill so she needs another £5,000 for hospital care and a new flight first

Tell me how this matters one tiny bit....

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

He said yes but there was an accident and her mother got ill so she needs another £5,000 for hospital care and a new flight first

Ok thanks for the update. I’ll transfer that to him in Switzerland right away

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tell me how this matters one tiny bit....
    It's not complicated, my five-year-old grandaughter could grasp it, best leave it there if you can't

Did you ever write for Monty Python?

It's not complicated, my five-year-old grandaughter could grasp it, best leave it there if you can't
    Please share it with us, just so there's no misunderstanding, if you have the guts to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think the fall in owner occupation is anything to do with your bundle of 'conspiracy ?' plots.

The biggest factor is cash rich buy-to-let landlords squeezing out first time buyers who have seen the cost of homes skyrocket whilst their wages have been stagnant or fallen. Other factors too - but from 70.9 of all homes being owner occupied in 2003, it has now fallen to 64.3% (was 62.6% in 2016). Not a problem if that is part of a mixed and affordable housing stock that meets needs - but it isn't.

At the same time social renting (mostly Council and Housing Association) has fallen to its lowest in a century at 16.6%. Private renting is up to around 19-20% of the total stock of homes. A big chunk of those privately rented homes are ex Council Right To Buys that have been sold on and ended up with private landlords who typically (in London and some other big cities) charge 3 times the rent of an identical retained Council home - either adding to homelessness (some of it hidden) or to the national housing benefit bill. As with low wages, bad employers and bad landlords are subsidised via the Treasury by the rest of us.

So not 15 minutes cities, the end of cash, or Bill Gates chips floating in our latest vaccine shot - just under regulated capitalism where the rich get richer and the majority just try to stay afloat.
    Nearly every flat being built in Cardiff city centre now is buy to let. They will never go on open sale.

It's an absolute disgrace, a total scandal and the welsh government and council sit back and watch. Appalling

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Nearly every flat being built in Cardiff city centre now is buy to let. They will never go on open sale.

It's an absolute disgrace, a total scandal and the welsh government and council sit back and watch. Appalling
    What should the Welsh Government (I notice you decided to not capitalise it) do about it and how would that differ from Westminster?

International

Please share it with us, just so there's no misunderstanding, if you have the guts to do so.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

International

What should the Welsh Government (I notice you decided to not capitalise it) do about it and how would that differ from Westminster?
    Nothing hopefully, they just make every single thing they touch worse - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68330487

Drink less coffee and stop having avocado on toast. At least that's what the "brains" on GB news and the Mail telling them...