+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheffield Utd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Sheffield Utd

When I worked in Sheffield in the 1990s, I had a lot more sympathy for the Wendies. And they have a lot more to complain about than the Unitedites currently.

I lived in Chesterfield at the time and knew a few of their fans. They called all the Sheffield United and Wednesday fans "dee-dahs". It humored me.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    When I worked in Sheffield in the 1990s, I had a lot more sympathy for the Wendies. And they have a lot more to complain about than the Unitedites currently.

I lived in Chesterfield at the time and knew a few of their fans. They called all the Sheffield United and Wednesday fans "dee-dahs". It humored me.
    Sheffield FC (the oldest club in the galaxy) play in Dronfield - half way between Sheffield United and Chesterfield.

There is a mural campaign starting to promote them and the city as ‘the home of football’!

IMG_6225.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sheffield FC (the oldest club in the galaxy) play in Dronfield - half way between Sheffield United and Chesterfield.

There is a mural campaign starting to promote them and the city as ‘the home of football’!

IMG_6225.jpg
    Are they also the home of KFC?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

IMG_6225.jpg
    Cripes, Dronfield. Now I'm remembering the train to work and back from Sheffield. It feels like another planet.