+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Some might see a 0-0 against a side below us as a positive. I think it's a missed opportunity and further demonstrates how crap things have become.
    Of course it's a missed opportunity - but it wasn't the disaster that some feared.

(I have no more confidence in Bulut after that than I did before kick off).

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    i think hes being sarcastic
    I know.

Taking the positives from an awful match

Horvath looked solid, although I didn't appreciate the backheel to get him out of trouble.
    Romeo I thought had a solid game and tried to get forward. His best game of the season.
    Phillips was probably the best of the defence. Aggressive in the challenge and distribution a step up on McGuinness.
    Grant worked his socks off and was our most likely player to score.
    Colwill is starting to look the player we all hoped he would be.

Having said all that we are so toothless. It is difficult see where the next goal is coming from.

Looking on the bright side it wont take long to watch the highlights on Sky

Nathan Blake was very critical of us using our wide attacking players in a defensive role while our full backs often had nothing to do. It was almost as if we had a back 6 at times. Doesn't really help if you're trying to play on the front foot.

Some might see a 0-0 against a side below us as a positive. I think it's a missed opportunity and further demonstrates how crap things have become.
    It's a massive missed opportunity. I put the improvement down to the opposition being worse than the teams we've faced recently. Tonight was still far too defensive. At one point Blackburn had an attacking throw in and had 4 players in the final third. We had all 11 back.

This persistence with playing inverted wingers. You'd think he would be able to see it isn't working, why not try and change it?
    Warnock would swap his wingers during a game (notably Hoilett) if he felt the need.

It was better but only just and maybe the quality of the opposition helped in that respect. Blackburn were awful but dominated possession for the last 25 minutes. We look clueless on how to score a goal , as someone mentioned both of our wide men were back covering our full backs, no wonder we haven’t scored a goal at home this year!

Even the chances we created when we were on top and moving the ball better were still not what you would call much more than half chances.

Still a point towards safety eh!

I think Blackburn decided after the hour that the game was there to be won , pushed up to half way line and started pressing us when in possession, just glad they didn’t try that from the start as I think we would have struggled to contain them like that for 90 minutes! Blakey disappointed with the negative tactics, the non adventurous role of the full backs and inverted wide men who have to sta
    Rt their runs 60+ yards from goal

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The criminal justice system should start sentencing criminals to a season ticket at Cardiff City. Crime in South Wales would drop ten fold overnight and force them to attend.

Awful game
    Altered for you.

Quote Originally Posted by slomaj View Post
    Looking on the bright side it wont take long to watch the highlights on Sky
    Just watched them didn't last long as you say. What did get me was the shocking defending for their one chance. I think it's Wintle who twice stands and appeals for offside when he should looking to tackle or block. Looked like a Sunday league player. Unforgivable 🤬

Who is at fault for Etete dropping into deep?

He’s too weak to play a target man and the wingers are not firing

Keep Etete up high or push up the full backs so the wingers have more space

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Of course he should beat his man, you aren't wrong and I get its just an opinion, but why concentrate on a negative when overall the performance has been more positive?
    You're not still banging on about the one comment I made against Wintle very early in the game

FWIW, I didn't see many positives on performance individually or collectively.

The only things that could be viewed as positives are that we didn't lose so another point above the drop.
    Maybe the fact that our defence kept their star striker in their pockets and kept a clean sheet is another.

That said, as I have said before, we are a team limited in terms of quality.
    Perspective required.

Two poor teams on show tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Bulut's happy. We kept a clean sheet against such a potent attacking side.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

As expectations were below zero I felt the slightly more positive approach ie. forward passing, was welcome. The effort seemed there as well to be fair, the least you should expect from professionals. That’s the only thing I can cling to whilst soaking wet, tired and cold.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's the name of the game.

Another point away from the drop.

Grant and Colwill did OK most of the time (from the commentary I heard).

The goalkeeper (who has done well for two Championship clubs before) has started to find his feet.

The bar is very low!
    Spot on.

Bulut set that team out there not to win but not to lose.

Such a negative outlook for a team, playing two holding midfielders and wingers forced to play a defensive minded game rather than looking to get forward.

Colwill was a positive, being our main creative outlet and looking a step above the rest of the team.

Grant worked hard and showed glimpses. I'd also have Tanner in the side on Saturday.

Etete needs toughen up. He needs to stop whining at the ref all game and put a bit of physicality back at the centra halves.

I heard tonight we haven't scored at home since Boxing Day and it's telling. Didn't look like scoring all night. He sticks Ashford on the bench who has shown he can score at under 21's but refuses to give him a chance.

Bulut's happy. We kept a clean sheet against such a potent attacking side.
    Ignoring the fact that we couldn't score against a side who hadn't kept a clean sheet in 17 games!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Bulut set that team out there not to win but not to lose.

Such a negative outlook for a team, playing two holding midfielders and wingers forced to play a defensive minded game rather than looking to get forward.

Colwill was a positive, being our main creative outlet and looking a step above the rest of the team.

Grant worked hard and showed glimpses. I'd also have Tanner in the side on Saturday.

Etete needs toughen up. He needs to stop whining at the ref all game and put a bit of physicality back at the centra halves.

I heard tonight we haven't scored at home since Boxing Day and it's telling. Didn't look like scoring all night. He sticks Ashford on the bench who has shown he can score at under 21's but refuses to give him a chance.
    Grant did ok, as did colwill, but as our main Creative outlet (Colwill) when is he actually going to create anything of note? As for Tanner, i wouldn't have him near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Ignoring the fact that we couldn't score against a side who hadn't kept a clean sheet in 17 games!
    One step at a time. 5 successive 0-0 draws mean we're edging closer to safety.

You're expecting it all, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Seeing as that side who have found it difficult to keep a clean sheet in so many games were playing against a side that hasn't scored a home goal in 2024, is nil nil such a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You're not still banging on about the one comment I made against Wintle very early in the game

FWIW, I didn't see many positives on performance individually or collectively.

The only things that could be viewed as positives are that we didn't lose so another point above the drop.
    Maybe the fact that our defence kept their star striker in their pockets and kept a clean sheet is another.

That said, as I have said before, we are a team limited in terms of quality.
    Perspective required.

Two poor teams on show tonight.
    "still banging on" is a hell of a stretch and a poor attempt at gaslighting. I've replied once more.

The use of that shrug smiley is also very passive aggressive, a manner I'm not sure you'd carry if this wasn't an online interaction. Behave yourself.

No goals at home in 2024 is a criminal offence.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I think he was just knackered.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he was just knackered.
    Blakey reckoned it was due to coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Grant did ok, as did colwill, but as our main Creative outlet (Colwill) when is he actually going to create anything of note? As for Tanner, i wouldn't have him near it.
    Colwill's picking the ball up way too deep, we were seeing it with Ramsey earlier in the season. We don't have a midfielder capable of progressing the ball forward consistently to the attacking players. Siopis and Wintle's instinct is to protect possession rather than quickly give it to Colwill/the wingers and everything slows down.

I'd bring Turnbull in either alongside Siopis or ditch the 2 holders entirely and have Siopis as a pure defensive midfielder sat in behind Colwill and Turnbull. The ultra defensive setup isn't working

Tanner's not good enough.