+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Colwill's picking the ball up way too deep, we were seeing it with Ramsey earlier in the season. We don't have a midfielder capable of progressing the ball forward consistently to the attacking players. Siopis and Wintle's instinct is to protect possession rather than quickly give it to Colwill/the wingers and everything slows down.

I'd bring Turnbull in either alongside Siopis or ditch the 2 holders entirely and have Siopis as a pure defensive midfielder sat in behind Colwill and Turnbull. The ultra defensive setup isn't working

Tanner's not good enough.
    I agree with everything here. Why can't Bulut see it?

Colwill's picking the ball up way too deep, we were seeing it with Ramsey earlier in the season. We don't have a midfielder capable of progressing the ball forward consistently to the attacking players. Siopis and Wintle's instinct is to protect possession rather than quickly give it to Colwill/the wingers and everything slows down.

I'd bring Turnbull in either alongside Siopis or ditch the 2 holders entirely and have Siopis as a pure defensive midfielder sat in behind Colwill and Turnbull. The ultra defensive setup isn't working

You know what i think, he'd be a better and more valuble player if he was more defensive. He could play that Ampadu role perfectly if he was. He's just to slow on the ball to worry defenders, and i mean when he's on the ball in a tight situation. People saying how well he has done, but for me he just doesn't create enough.

I agree.

However when Ramsey was picking it up deep it allowed us to go higher up the pitch as the ball stuck to him and freed so much space.

You could see he was a class above

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You know what i think, he'd be a better and more valuble player if he was more defensive. He could play that Ampadu role perfectly if he was. He's just to slow on the ball to worry defenders, and i mean when he's on the ball in a tight situation. People saying how well he has done, but for me he just doesn't create enough.
    Colwill?

Think that’s a disaster personally. In fact I’d try him higher

If ever a team was here for a point, then it was Blackburn - probably be the same on Saturday. As grim and turgid our place is, this was an improvement.

Only on this board could we take the young homegrown player who was pretty much consensus one of our best on the night and say he’s crap and pick holes in his game, and not the players with 5-10 years of experience behind him who can’t pass a ball 10 yards or the premiership winger who hardly touched the ball again which he seems to do 3 out of every 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If ever a team was here for a point, then it was Blackburn - probably be the same on Saturday. As grim and turgid our place is, this was an improvement.
    I agree.

Whereas it was far from great, it wasn’t the total dross of late and so an improvement with some positive signs as I mentioned earlier.

There is still a long way to go but did people really expect that we just become a good side again after the shambles of the last few weeks?

I don’t understand what people were expecting. We were better than we have been and we got a point albeit against rubbish opposition.

In the context of the current run, surely that is a start of sorts?

It was the same as Preston for me.

Bright at the start then tailed off at around the half hour mark. A fairly bright start in the 2nd half then tailed off more quickly.

A clean sheet which is an improvement but I think that was down to how bad Blackburn were. They were really, really poor. I don't think I've seen a more winnable game at home this season and I was surprised how bad they were.

As for those criticising the crowd, i'm sorry but with what's on the pitch at the moment I think we are lucky to get that many down there. If I didn't have a st I wouldn't have gone and it's only the miser in me that made me go. Same for saturday.

Not on board with the booing though and hope while he's still in charge, Bulut somehow turns it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

The use of that shrug smiley is also very passive aggressive, a manner I'm not sure you'd carry if this wasn't an online interaction. Behave yourself.
    Not passive aggressive at all, it's one of dismay

Your interpretation might see it that way and your reply, as with many of your posts, is just plain aggressive.

Can't agree I'm afraid. He regularly beats defenders in tight spaces

And as much as he's improved defensively, he's no holding midfielder. Think him back there right now could go badly wrong

And as much as he's improved defensively, he's no holding midfielder. Think him back there right now could go badly wrong
    I totally get what Tuerto's saying there though. I'm not sure anything could be more of a disaster than this current side. I'm of the opinion though that there isn't a single player in our squad who deserves to be taking home a Championship football player's wages. It's a disgrace tbh. An owner who loved the club would be on this but like everything City these days, everything is half-arsed.

7 ST mates didn't go last night. Probably won't on Saturday. I didn't go again. Don't give a stuff about this current side and there isn't a single player (Colwill included) who I'd want to invest any more precious time and money in watching. They've got to give something to get something. Otherwise it's just an abusive realtionship. F*ck that. Bulut can do one too. He's f*cking awful.

A few thoughts from last night.....
    Collins is the worst passer in the team 90% of the time making the worst possible decision - passing after a player has stopped their run, or trickling in a hospital pass. On the ball he is often so ponderous it slows all our momentum down.

Wintle hides too often when we're in possesion, he so frequently unavailable for a pass it's criminal. I also saw him marking a Blackburn player on one of OUR throw ins!

On the positive side our press was reallly effective at times and looks like something they've been working on a lot. Etete looked fired up and put a good shift in and did a solid good job holding the ball up. Colwill is 1st name on the team sheet from now until the end of the season. Horvath looks good coming off his line seeing off any through balls and made a cracking save.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not passive aggressive at all, it's one of dismay

Your interpretation might see it that way and your reply, as with many of your posts, is just plain aggressive.
    More gaslighting and unfounded claims.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Collins is the worst passer in the team 90% of the time making the worst possible decision - passing after a player has stopped their run, or trickling in a hospital pass. On the ball he is often so ponderous it slows all our momentum down.

Wintle hides too often when we're in possesion, he so frequently unavailable for a pass it's criminal. I also saw him marking a Blackburn player on one of OUR throw ins!

On the positive side our press was reallly effective at times and looks like something they've been working on a lot. Etete looked fired up and put a good shift in and did a solid good job holding the ball up. Colwill is 1st name on the team sheet from now until the end of the season. Horvath looks good coming off his line seeing off any through balls and made a cracking save.
    Collins always looking for the keeper as well, when others were clearly trying to be more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post

Etete had a bit of a go at the start of the second half, that’s about it. He had one, very unusual for him, aggressive 30 second spell when having thought he was fouled and ended up on his arse again, he proceeded to chase any Blackburn player in possession and make a fool of himself attempting to foul them.
    It’s a wonder he hasn’t got a cauliflower arse, the time he spends on it. He’s like a fan who’s won a ‘Be A Player For A Day’ raffle. Nowhere near Championship or, perhaps, even Football League standard.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Etete had a bit of a go at the start of the second half, that’s about it. He had one, very unusual for him, aggressive 30 second spell when having thought he was fouled and ended up on his arse again, he proceeded to chase any Blackburn player in possession and make a fool of himself attempting to foul them.
    It’s a wonder he hasn’t got a cauliflower arse, the time he spends on it. He’s like a fan who’s won a ‘Be A Player For A Day’ raffle. Nowhere near Championship or, perhaps, even Football League standard.
    It's not being overly harsh to say that there's no aspect of his game that comes naturally to him.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    cauliflower arse.

I think part of the problem is he looks very very ungainly but like it or not he's probably our best option and I saw a few positive glimpses last night with him linking up with the midfield and using his frame a little better than in previous games.

He has the shape and awareness to play that role. He has good spatial awareness, he knows what is going on around him. He's quite methodical in his play. Ampadu rarely makes a tackle, he puts himself in good positions because of his intelligence, it's hardly defending. Anyway, we shall see. Let's see if a better club makes an offer for him in the off season, let's see if there's a market for his services. And if he does go, with better players around him, then we can see how good he is. Then I can say I was wrong about him.Time will tell

Not for me. He hasnt got the engine, speed or defensive awareness to play the Ampadu / DM role. Just watching him try to press is difficult enough, at least that is normally in the oppositions defensive half. Defenders play around him with ease (And some of those defenders last night were limited to say the least), I dread to think what attacking midfielders and forwards could do.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not for me. He hasnt got the engine, speed or defensive awareness to play the Ampadu / DM role. Just watching him try to press is difficult enough, at least that is normally in the oppositions defensive half. Defenders play around him with ease (And some of those defenders last night were limited to say the least), I dread to think what attacking midfielders and forwards could do.
    Fair enough, i respect your opinion. I was only going down that road because of his ability to read a game and how he can carry a ball, get things ticking. City 123 and another poster has disagreed, so maybe i'm way off

Fair enough, i respect your opinion. I was only going down that road because of his ability to read a game and how he can carry a ball, get things ticking. City 123 and another poster has disagreed, so maybe i'm way off
    Im not sure he will ever become a top championship player. I think he could become a top league 1 player but I dont see him ever playing for the likes of a Leicester, Leeds, Southampton in the Championship. Hes certainly not going to be a Premier League player imo. He cant press and has no speed and he doesnt give you enough with the ball to warrant carrying somone like that, not at the top level and not at the top end of the championship. Hes hardly Matt Le Tissier.

Im not sure he will ever become a top championship player. I think he could become a top league 1 player but I dont see him ever playing for the likes of a Leicester, Leeds, Southampton in the Championship. Hes certainly not going to be a Premier League player imo. He cant press and has no speed and he doesnt give you enough with the ball to warrant carrying somone like that, not at the top level and not at the top end of the championship. Hes hardly Matt Le Tissier.
    I completely agree with you. His lack of pace is frightening

I completely agree with you. His lack of pace is frightening
    I was watching him last night and as much as he was clearly putting the effort in hes just not built to press. It was just so slow and awkward. The one Blackburn centre half in particular (Nyam?) was a big donkey and he was made to look like Beckenbaur with Etete and Colwill doing the pressing. It was painful to watch.

I was watching him last night and as much as he was clearly putting the effort in hes just not built to press. It was just so slow and awkward. The one Blackburn centre half in particular (Nyam?) was a big donkey and he was made to look like Beckenbaur with Etete and Colwill doing the pressing. It was painful to watch.
    Yup, it's a physical thing with him, he doesn't have the body shape for it. That's not his fault though. And he's not going to get away with not doing that kind of thing for any club unless he gets so good at the other stuff in the final third. Trundle was left alone in that category, for obvious reason, although i don't think that trundle made a real impact at championship level.

I'll spare you from the full 90. Extended highlights