Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
I have been keeping an eye on this thread and it is quite interesting to observe the number of replies vs the number of visits. The former has remained constant at 108 for the last week whilst the latter has gone up from 4518 to 4672, an increase of about 150 which is quite a lot when you consider the thread is well down the list now and out of sight, out of mind. For a "non-subject" to most posters on here, I find it interesting that some folk are minded to take a look at it.
Having worked with the general public for over 40 years and taking into account the publics general indifference to Church related conversations, I was shocked to discover that most people have some spiritual element to their lives. Also those that don't place their lives in such well known faiths have trusted an individual or individuals - this could be a well known scientist, a philosopher or guru. Many would trust someone like David Attenborough, who never acknowledges that God is the Author of the wonders of nature, yet when asked the question, wouldn't nail his colours to the mask, and declared himself an agnostic.
So who we trust and what we trust is crucial and is something we should not take lightly.