Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
I'd say it's someone who takes a strict and literal interpretation of their texts, often resistant to the way the modern world is developing, and believing their own path is the only true one.
In other words, they wear blinkers, ignore modern ideas and stick blindly to God's version of life, origin and destiny.

I think you've summed up the perception of most people who have faith in science and modern philosophers and are hopeful that the worlds best selling book is a fraud, or at best a relic and unrelated to the truth at all.

The big question is, are they wise to make that assumption?

If that were true, then we would see all intelligent scientists reject the Bible in it's given context, we would be able to discredit large sections of the Bible as outdated and irrelevant, just like many science manuals from decades ago, that are now relics from an era of misunderstanding and ignorance that is shown up by current understanding.

However we DO find many scientists that are successful in their field and also acknowledge the Bible is the inerrant Word of God in all it addresses within it's pages; and that it has never been outdated by new discoveries!
In fact it has led to individuals MAKING new discoveries that science did not know before, and yes I can give you examples should you wish to see them.

So I put it to you, that those that believe in the Bible as fundemantal truth in all it addresses are wise, and those that think that science and human thought alone can answer the big questions we all have are ultimately foolish.