+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another one gone

Another one gone

Andreas Brehme.

Aged 63 years

Pasted from TNT site...

Football is in mourning after World Cup winner Andreas Brehme died aged 63 on Tuesday. The former defender scored the winning penalty against Argentina in the 1990 World Cup final and tributes have been paid by his former clubs Bayern Munich, Inter and Kaiserslautern. Inter's players will wear black armbands against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the Champions League in Brehme's honour.

Re: Another one gone

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Andreas Brehme.

Aged 63 years

Pasted from TNT site...

Football is in mourning after World Cup winner Andreas Brehme died aged 63 on Tuesday. The former defender scored the winning penalty against Argentina in the 1990 World Cup final and tributes have been paid by his former clubs Bayern Munich, Inter and Kaiserslautern. Inter's players will wear black armbands against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the Champions League in Brehme's honour.
    A sudden heart attack is news for the conspiracy theorists to take notice of

Scored the winner in the Final after getting the goal, albeit with a freakish deflection, in the Semi Final.

He’d have enjoyed how the full back role has developed in recent years I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Scored the winner in the Final after getting the goal, albeit with a freakish deflection, in the Semi Final.

He’d have enjoyed how the full back role has developed in recent years I reckon.
    One of the worst cup finals I can remember.

Rarely, if ever, had I wanted Germany to win anything but the cynical way Argentina progressed to the final forced me to.

We moan about the way footballers go down after feeling the slightest of touches in the modern game but think I'd take these days over those. Just!

Yes I agree. An Andy Robertson type of full back, one who could get into good attacking positions and one hell of shot to boot.

RIP Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One of the worst cup finals I can remember.

Rarely, if ever, had I wanted Germany to win anything but the cynical way Argentina progressed to the final forced me to.

We moan about the way footballers go down after feeling the slightest of touches in the modern game but think I'd take these days over those. Just!

Yes I agree. An Andy Robertson type of full back, one who could get into good attacking positions and one hell of shot to boot.

RIP Andreas.
    Brehme was far far better than Robertson. A Rolls Royce of a full back. 2 footed also, if i remember right. RIP.
    I wonder if he had the vaccine?