+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

Four matches without a home goal now.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

I hate to say it, but as much as the City has meant to me for the last 50 odd years, I just couldn’t face going last night and getting to watch such a turgid side. I know we all say at times it’s the win that’s important, but it is nice once in a while to be entertained with some decent football. Sadly neither winning nor entertainment look possible at the moment.

With Wales playing Ireland on Saturday I’m guessing there’ll be another shite crowd on Saturday. Perhaps that’s what the hierarchy needs to see, thousands of empty blue seats. I’m guessing I’ll be back on Saturday, but there is a little voice saying in my head to go and watch Merthyr instead. They are currently losing more than they are winning but at least there’s a bit of football being played.

Re: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I hate to say it, but as much as the City has meant to me for the last 50 odd years, I just couldn’t face going last night and getting to watch such a turgid side. I know we all say at times it’s the win that’s important, but it is nice once in a while to be entertained with some decent football. Sadly neither winning nor entertainment look possible at the moment.

With Wales playing Ireland on Saturday I’m guessing there’ll be another shite crowd on Saturday. Perhaps that’s what the hierarchy needs to see, thousands of empty blue seats. I’m guessing I’ll be back on Saturday, but there is a little voice saying in my head to go and watch Merthyr instead. They are currently losing more than they are winning but at least there’s a bit of football being played.
    Time was when the win was everything for me, but the lack of entertainment game after game, month after month and season after season has made me realise that’s not true any more - maybe it never was really.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Four matches without a home goal now.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Wow, that's quite a sad report for someone who has stuck with City during the dismal days of the 90's. Due to the distance I no longer can get to many games any more (attendance zero this season so far) so hats off to the diehards who get there, especially to away games! One positive is that I have saved quite a bit of money I suppose.

It was a game with two sides lacking confidence. I enjoyed it as it was an improvement from Saturday . That said ,sticking pins in my eyes would have been an improvement from Saturday.
    There were positives
    Colwill , looks like a proper footballer . He has come on leaps and bounds , he is strong ,can pick a pass , makes space for himself in tight situations . Got taken off knackered, after putting in a brilliant shift.
    Grant terrorised Blackburn last night running at them , another good footballer.
    Siopis , who I like, was neat and tidy , has quick feet.

Compared to Mick Mcartheys eye bleeding football I don't think its as bad as most on here think .

Time was when the win was everything for me, but the lack of entertainment game after game, month after month and season after season has made me realise that’s not true any more - maybe it never was really.
    I think it's this. Our priorities change. Outlook changes. Time becomes more precious. I go to football to be entertained these days. I will still buy a season ticket because of the social side but the football I could care less about at Cardiff. I'd love to see the average fan ECGs for a game like last night v games back in 2017 early Warnock. Which was the last time I felt excited and entertained watching Cardiff City.

Agreed. When Dave Jones was manager, there were times where I'd have happily taken a poor 1-0 win and found a way to win when things weren't going so well. Now I'd take some good performances and signs that the side are on the way up over a few lucky wins.

Weve also got to the stage where Colwill taking a ball under control in the middle of the park and spreading the ball out to the full back gets a round of applause!!! The fanbase are that starved of anything to get excited about that people are applauding stuff you learn to do as 10 year old. This is the Championship!!!

He is, rightly, being classed as being head and shoulders our best player in recent games but hes still created very much of real note in terms of actual chances. A half chance for Etete last night. What does that say about how poor creatively the rest of the team are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Weve also got to the stage where Colwill taking a ball under control in the middle of the park and spreading the ball out to the full back gets a round of applause!!! The fanbase are that starved of anything to get excited about that people are applauding stuff you learn to do as 10 year old. This is the Championship!!!

He is, rightly, being classed as being head and shoulders our best player in recent games but hes still created very much of real note in terms of actual chances. A half chance for Etete last night. What does that say about how poor creatively the rest of the team are!!!
    Etete had a chance ? I must have missed that . I did see him falling every time the ball was near him. Bulut must see something in Etete I am yet to see .

Glad you said it. He's decent, But the way some people are talking shows how utterly shit it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Etete had a chance ? I must have missed that . I did see him falling every time the ball was near him. Bulut must see something in Etete I am yet to see .
    He is utter shite, he stands out as a beacon of extreme shite in every shite performance. We can see it as fans, what the hell do players like Diedhiou and Ashford think watching from the bench? “This player is being preferred over me, I just as well wrap the game in”, springs to mind. I’m convinced he was looking for a sort of sympathy vote last night with him remaining on the floor sobbing his heart out a couple of times. Players at this level know other players very well, every centre back must give a whoop of delight when they see the City team sheet with Etete’s name on. He’s a defender’s dream opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Glad you said it. He's decent, But the way some people are talking shows how utterly shit it is.
    He is much better than decent . I knew it wasn't going to be amazing last night .

I took a rest from the football , it would seem I have a little more patience than most on here thanks to that perhaps?

If we arent going to win the league , I am interested to see who and where improvements are coming from. I did get a bit exasperated when Collins sent the ball back every time he had it . The crowd let him know it wasn't what we wanted to see and he started being a bit more positive . There is nothing wrong with playing it along the back but repeatedly sending it back from the midfield is not going to bring many cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He is utter shite, he stands out as a beacon of extreme shite in every shite performance. We can see it as fans, what the hell do players like Diedhiou and Ashford think watching from the bench? “This player is being preferred over me, I just as well wrap the game in”, springs to mind. I’m convinced he was looking for a sort of sympathy vote last night with him remaining on the floor sobbing his heart out a couple of times. Players at this level know other players very well, every centre back must give a whoop of delight when they see the City team sheet with Etete’s name on. He’s a defender’s dream opponent.
    I was wondering why I was having a half time pint in the bar while he was in the dressing room . I reckon I am better than him, certainly more physical.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I fear Diedhiou might be even worse

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That' possible as well....... What do you do....

For me CCFC is like a sore or scab that you pick at, you know it wont end well but you do it anyway

Douglas Bader couldn’t be any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That' possible as well....... What do you do....
    Play Grant up front, he's clearly not a winger. He's got the strength to play there

I fear it was a last minute panic signing.
    He is no better than anything ae have.
    Bring back Isaac Davies

Play Grant up front, he's clearly not a winger. He's got the strength to play there

I really like that idea particularly if we're now trying to press teams more. On paper he's also statistically our most prolific striker too (career history)

Grant can’t play auxiliary full back if he’s our striker though.

I think our manager believes we can play a passing game from defence to attack with this squad of players. Perhaps Bulut had watched the PL and thought the Championship was just a weaker version, but what does strike me is that even after being here 8 months he seems to have very little grasp of what Championship football outside the top 3 or 4 is about. Maybe he has some really clever routines, worked on in training, where we interchange passes on the edge of the penalty area aka Man City. Problem is, we never get there. For me, I think he should go. Others have said it and I agree, we need a young manager with Championship or good league 1 experience who is comfortable with sticking with a plan for a couple of seasons - some hope there !

Grant can’t play auxiliary full back if he’s our striker though.
    Paterson made it to the heady heights of the PL as a striker and just look at his humble beginnings. The brilliance of Warnock to see that in an injured Scottish RB is up there with cracking the Enigma code.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

The other bob wilson’s title and the point you make above highlight how the fans have been force fed mediocrity dressed up as Championship quality.

I have said it before, and will say it again… the rot started once we began to sign Bristol City’s “best players”. Those same best players, that constantly finished below the City season after season.

Since then, they have been replaced by ever increasingly inferior players, with maybe one or two exceptions… Is it any wonder why we are currently where we are in terms of results and entertainment?