+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

I hate to say it, but as much as the City has meant to me for the last 50 odd years, I just couldn’t face going last night and getting to watch such a turgid side. I know we all say at times it’s the win that’s important, but it is nice once in a while to be entertained with some decent football. Sadly neither winning nor entertainment look possible at the moment.

With Wales playing Ireland on Saturday I’m guessing there’ll be another shite crowd on Saturday. Perhaps that’s what the hierarchy needs to see, thousands of empty blue seats. I’m guessing I’ll be back on Saturday, but there is a little voice saying in my head to go and watch Merthyr instead. They are currently losing more than they are winning but at least there’s a bit of football being played.

Re: We’ve now reached the stage where a dreary 0-0 can be viewed a step forward – how did it get to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I hate to say it, but as much as the City has meant to me for the last 50 odd years, I just couldn’t face going last night and getting to watch such a turgid side. I know we all say at times it’s the win that’s important, but it is nice once in a while to be entertained with some decent football. Sadly neither winning nor entertainment look possible at the moment.

With Wales playing Ireland on Saturday I’m guessing there’ll be another shite crowd on Saturday. Perhaps that’s what the hierarchy needs to see, thousands of empty blue seats. I’m guessing I’ll be back on Saturday, but there is a little voice saying in my head to go and watch Merthyr instead. They are currently losing more than they are winning but at least there’s a bit of football being played.
    Time was when the win was everything for me, but the lack of entertainment game after game, month after month and season after season has made me realise that’s not true any more - maybe it never was really.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Time was when the win was everything for me, but the lack of entertainment game after game, month after month and season after season has made me realise that’s not true any more - maybe it never was really.
    I think it's this. Our priorities change. Outlook changes. Time becomes more precious. I go to football to be entertained these days. I will still buy a season ticket because of the social side but the football I could care less about at Cardiff. I'd love to see the average fan ECGs for a game like last night v games back in 2017 early Warnock. Which was the last time I felt excited and entertained watching Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed. When Dave Jones was manager, there were times where I'd have happily taken a poor 1-0 win and found a way to win when things weren't going so well. Now I'd take some good performances and signs that the side are on the way up over a few lucky wins.