+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 STOKE CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 STOKE CITY. Match thread

We, rightly, moan about how poorly run we are, but the Coates family have poured millions into Stoke since they were relegated and in terms of value for money they must be the worst club in the Championship. Other teams would have stuck five on Stoke after they conceded two inside half an hour, but, Huddersfield apart, we don’t do big wins and, when we did win at home again, it was always going to be in the sort of game we saw today.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Good stuff, hopefully we can build on this and get something against the Wurzels on Saturday

9 points clear now of the bottom 3 as QPR have leapfrogged Stoke, they looked long gone for a while!
    Just a shame the jacks somehow won, they would be just above qpr else it was a good day…..

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I think they DID pepper our goal latter part of the second half......
    I was watching a poor stream but didn’t notice Horvath making loads of saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    #BulutFC

get your tongue out of his backside ffs. No manager is bigger than the team
    And you are the reverse - you take every opportunity to have a dig at him regardless of the thread - fecking tedious

We should have built a healthy lead today. As usual it was very hard work in the end. Some of the breaks near the end were pitiful from the front 2.

That defeat puts Stoke into the bottom three, and yet for the last half hour we put everyone behind the ball, as if we were clinging on against Real Madrid.

The substitutions were bizarre. It seems he has to find a position somehow for Wintle. I’m just amazed we did hold on. Fair play to them our two centre backs were immense.

I thought Bulut was going for an even more defensive set up when all the stewards were told to come pitch side. I had visions of us playing a back 200.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Who suggested that? Find me a feasible replacement and I'm all ears.
    Exactly people calling for his head but who is likely to come in

However the club needs to make it clear to bulut if he is or not being kept on and vice versa very soon otherwise we will amble toward may with no plan find ourselves scrambling around for a manager with no player recruitment plans in place and no pre season plan in place either - this is down to the board at the moment with all this uncertainty and the clock ticking for next year already

Re: CARDIFF CITY v STOKE CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    No its not always win means everything the manager did is right and lose means everything he did is wrong.

No surprise we won because of how bad stoke are and i said before the game we would win no problem today.

However against a side who werent as bad as stoke the way we approached the last half hour means we will concede more often than not with that approach.
    The substitution were odd, but they did the job and Stoke weren't the threat they had been earlier..

How? Because he didn't bring the player you wanted on? Surely, if we win his substitutions will have been the right ones.

Grant took a knock, Colwill has no stamina.
    Colwill was knackered by half time. True, he can find a decent pass here and there but the rest of his game isn't good enough. Today you could understand why Bulut has held back on starting him..

good for morale but we're still at the bottom of a big mountain and the result could easily have gone the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Etete's goal looks offside. Bowler, in an offside position, walks right in front of the keeper as the ball bounces in. Might have got away with one there. Ah well.

Do some ‘fans’ expect teams to come here and just roll over? Stoke are fighting for their lives, and have prepared for days for the game, it was a good result, our home form is pretty poor, we have key players out injured, and that gives teams hope when they come to CCS.

Great result, better performance but loads of room for improvement, for me. Very up and down today, Stoke are awful though. Very surprised how poor they look.

I'd snap your hands off to keep Phillips, did very well and I'd keep Grant for the right price.

Not a day to get carried away or let Bulut off the hook. We made very heavy weather if what should have been a healthy win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Great result, better performance but loads of room for improvement, for me. Very up and down today, Stoke are awful though. Very surprised how poor they look.

I'd snap your hands off to keep Phillips, did very well and I'd keep Grant for the right price.
    Yes they were poor but so have we been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Exactly people calling for his head but who is likely to come in
    What do you mean? There's been loads of managers that experts on here have called for and all are currently at clubs higher than us.

Danny and Nicky Cowley anyone?

How the hell half of you are rating Phillips on that performance i dont know? Yeah he did ok at times..but inside that "ok performance" i saw :

• Wayward passing
    • Out of position (luckily Goutas really did show some initiative and saved his blushes a few times)
    • occasionally lingering on the ball tempting fate near our box

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Colwill was knackered by half time. True, he can find a decent pass here and there but the rest of his game isn't good enough. Today you could understand why Bulut has held back on starting him..
    Definitely. He has a bit of skill, his judgment is poor, he loses the ball often and he can't play 90 minutes. It's becoming clear why successive managers don't rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    How the hell half of you are rating Phillips on that performance i dont know? Yeah he did ok at times..but inside that "ok performance" i saw :

• Wayward passing
    • Out of position (luckily Goutas really did show some initiative and saved his blushes a few times)
    • occasionally lingering on the ball tempting fate near our box
    Phillips covered for Goutas more like. Goutas wasn’t terrible by any means, but he’s not playing as well now as he was in the first half of the season - for example, he completely let Ennis go for that chance he missed in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Phillips covered for Goutas more like. Goutas wasn’t terrible by any means, but he’s not playing as well now as he was in the first half of the season - for example, he completely let Ennis go for that chance he missed in the first half.
    When Goutas gets dragged out wide he doesn't look comfortable on a 1 to 1..

fair enough. I was picking a specific time i noticed goutas return the favor I suppose. I believe my other points still stand though.

Highlights

Full 90

Goutas is a lot more comfortable on the right and side. I was surprised he started there and wasn't surprised when they swapped back!

Definitely. He has a bit of skill, his judgment is poor, he loses the ball often and he can't play 90 minutes. It's becoming clear why successive managers don't rate him.
    His decision making has improved and he rarely loses the ball. His defensive work has improved (evidenced by winning the ball for Grant's goal) as well. He's clearly one of our better players and one of the few non-cloggers we have.

He's started 8 of the last 11 games, hardly suggests that Bulut doesn't rate him. He's also clearly listened to instructions and worked on the defensive side of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    His decision making has improved and he rarely loses the ball. His defensive work has improved (evidenced by winning the ball for Grant's goal) as well. He's clearly one of our better players and one of the few non-cloggers we have.

He's started 8 of the last 11 games, hardly suggests that Bulut doesn't rate him. He's also clearly listened to instructions and worked on the defensive side of his game.
    I stopped reading when you said.. "he rarely loses the ball".