+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut vs Mick

Bulut vs Mick

I know the Bulut/dire football threads are being flogged to death given the current situation but I recently read somewhere the records of both managers while in charge of Cardiff City:

P W D L
    Mccarthy 38 14 11 13
    Bulut 37 13 6 18

Now obviously outside of a vacuum it's not as comparable when you look at the squads they inherited (Mick took over a team with difference makers at this level like Kieffer, Wilson, Morrison, Hoilett, Tomlin etc). But we are now getting to a crossroads where their reigns are eerily similar, playing negative, turgid football. I've not been to a game since the Mick days where the crowd atmosphere was as toxic as it was yesterday, from minute 1. The general feeling around the club is a particularly a worrying one as I'm not sure we even know as a fanbase the first step of fixing it (we all know we don't trust the board not to hire another cheap yes man).

I'm only 31 so wasn't around for the infamous Durban days, but I think years of unwatchable football has taken its toll on us!

Re: Bulut vs Mick

He will struggle on to the end of the season and be gone barring a minor miracle that elevates us into the top 10 and triggers his extension clause.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    He will struggle on to the end of the season and be gone barring a minor miracle that elevates us into the top 10 and triggers his extension clause.
    I'd rather Bulut be given the bullet after the Stoke game - if we don't win that is. Stick Purse in charge if we lose or draw, as we ain't gonna go down, and see how he does. If he turns out to be another Bulut, Trollope or Mick then wave goodbye to him and bring someone DECENT and proven at this level. Provided they would come to this basket case of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd rather Bulut be given the bullet after the Stoke game - if we don't win that is. Stick Purse in charge if we lose or draw, as we ain't gonna go down, and see how he does. If he turns out to be another Bulut, Trollope or Mick then wave goodbye to him and bring someone DECENT and proven at this level. Provided they would come to this basket case of a club.
    I dont think he will be here next season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I know the Bulut/dire football threads are being flogged to death given the current situation but I recently read somewhere the records of both managers while in charge of Cardiff City:

P W D L
    Mccarthy 38 14 11 13
    Bulut 37 13 6 18

Now obviously outside of a vacuum it's not as comparable when you look at the squads they inherited (Mick took over a team with difference makers at this level like Kieffer, Wilson, Morrison, Hoilett, Tomlin etc). But we are now getting to a crossroads where their reigns are eerily similar, playing negative, turgid football. I've not been to a game since the Mick days where the crowd atmosphere was as toxic as it was yesterday, from minute 1. The general feeling around the club is a particularly a worrying one as I'm not sure we even know as a fanbase the first step of fixing it (we all know we don't trust the board not to hire another cheap yes man).

I'm only 31 so wasn't around for the infamous Durban days, but I think years of unwatchable football has taken its toll on us!
    At least Mad Mick tried different things to stop the rot. Bonkers Bulut keeps doing the same thing over and over hoping for a better outcome.

There is no comparison for me. McCarthys football was the worst I have ever seen . We are like Man City now compared to that dross.

Albeit a very defensive Man City.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I dont think he will be here next season anyway.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    There is no comparison for me. McCarthys football was the worst I have ever seen . We are like Man City now compared to that dross.

Albeit a very defensive Man City.....
    Man City under Phil Neal

I can’t think of a time where there was less urgency to move forward and create chances and win games, even under some utter duds it didn’t seem like part of the strategy.

The end of Mick's reign was something else though and not anywhere similar to this, even as bad as this is.

Bulut knows he isn't here past the summer, the players know this too. There's no confidence and no massive amount of fight or urgency because many probably see us as practically safe.

Think it will largely drift on from here, if we did find ourselves very close to relegation it will be hard to turn around.

The board are probably enjoying the break from the flak when they really should be taking the majority of it.