+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th Highest Wage Bill in the Championship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 6th Highest Wage Bill in the Championship

My only guess is because they haven’t been able to pay transfer fees/Loan feels and signing on fees?

So they have topped up the wages. Someone like Grant on loan who cost WBA 15m isn’t going to be on small wages. I guess Goutas and Siopis similar.

I still can’t believe we’re the sixth highest payers in the Championship, but, if we are, can anyone who has watched us play since November say that it’s money well spent?

That figure mentioned in that article is insane when you consider how many “high earners “ we have shipped out

Thank god we didn't sign Moore at 50 k a week !

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That figure mentioned in that article is insane when you consider how many “high earners “ we have shipped out
    Where does it say we have the 6th highest wage bill in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Where does it say we have the 6th highest wage bill in the Championship?
    I have just seen it

That's staggering

I assume Ramsey is a big part of that

Robinson ?

Grant ?

And yet the Sludges and North Cardiff and 2b2bdoos of this forum will have you believe we are operating on a Rotherham style budget and Erol has one and tied behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet the Sludges and North Cardiff and 2b2bdoos of this forum will have you believe we are operating on a Rotherham style budget and Erol has one and tied behind his back.
    No , it’s Erol who believes that

Nonsense, he clearly has had his hand tied behind his back with the transfer embargo, I think that’s obvious to everyone/most. I think the club did well in the summer considering and being able to pay any transfer or loan fees was always going to result in higher wages. We have always paid high wages, we have given new contracts to players and no doubt paying high wages to loan players. 6th would be a surprise to me but when all the loans return I’d be interested where we are in the wage table.

Most teams would have paid transfer fees over the summer, no doubt if you balance it all out we are not one of the big spenders of fees/wages combined. Either way imo the squad is poor and Bulut is struggling, and needs to get more out of what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Nonsense, he clearly has had his hand tied behind his back with the transfer embargo, I think that’s obvious to everyone/most. I think the club did well in the summer considering and being able to pay any transfer or loan fees was always going to result in higher wages. We have always paid high wages, we have given new contracts to players and no doubt paying high wages to loan players. 6th would be a surprise to me but when all the loans return I’d be interested where we are in the wage table.

Most teams would have paid transfer fees over the summer, no doubt if you balance it all out we are not one of the big spenders of fees/wages combined. Either way imo the squad is poor and Bulut is struggling, and needs to get more out of what he has.
    you're on the wrong forum mucker - go start one called #BulutFc. you are supporting the manager over the club at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    you're on the wrong forum mucker - go start one called #BulutFc. you are supporting the manager over the club at this point
    What’s that got to do with supporting the manager? It’s just how I see it. I couldn’t care less if he went today or tomorrow or if we went on a 10 game winning run, it doesn’t change any of the above.

International

I've never said our budgets were low, if Tan won't get a football director of football and decent CEO, we are going to keep appointing the wrong apprentice managers and firing them and panic buying players.

Bulut was given a bad hand, he had a squad that should have been relegated, lost the three best players during a transfer embargo, his good start will still keep us up comfortably and that is progress on last year.

More ineptitude eh

Well our transfer budget is very low

I know bulut is the latest manager you have got your teeth into but if Ramsey is a big part of this wage bill followed by Robinson then Bulut wasn't responsible for signing them I believe ?

Well our transfer budget is very low

I know bulut is the latest manager you have got your teeth into but if Ramsey is a big part of this wage bill followed by Robinson then Bulut wasn't responsible for signing them I believe ?
    If, if, if. If your auntie had bollocks she would be your uncle.

Aside from the 3 relegated from the PL clubs who is spending money on transfers?

Dalman is a clown. Said it’s one of the best transfer windows we’ve ever had then mentions Siopis.

The guy is the football version of a Tory MP. In it for self gain and spinning line after line to the minions pretending he gives a shit.

I’d take the Rodler over this piece of shit. At least the Ridler knew his football and had proper contacts in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Get back in the stingies

If, if, if. If your auntie had bollocks she would be your uncle.

Aside from the 3 relegated from the PL clubs who is spending money on transfers?

Dalman is a clown. Said it’s one of the best transfer windows we’ve ever had then mentions Siopis.

The guy is the football version of a Tory MP. In it for self gain and spinning line after line to the minions pretending he gives a shit.

I’d take the Rodler over this piece of shit. At least the Ridler knew his football and had proper contacts in the game.
    Swansea City spent a lot more than us on players

In fact only 3 sides spent less than us

Swansea City spent a lot more than us on players

In fact only 3 sides spent less than us
    You do realise the wage bill adds up to a lot more than transfer fees?

surely no clubs have released their accounts for this season yet, how does anyone know if we have the 6th biggest wage bill

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    surely no clubs have released their accounts for this season yet, how does anyone know if we have the 6th biggest wage bill
    Yeah how would he or anyone know that?

Isn't he just referring to that pic that was being shared on social media? The one that said sunderland pay 9mil a year and we pay almost 20 mil a year.

20 mil a year in wages? For that shower?!

I suppose dalman is saying this thinking fans will be pleased to see the club are spending money. I'm actually livid!! If we were paying peanuts I'd say fair play we are crap because we are trying to balance the books etc.... but if we are actually one of the top wage payers in the league and this is our reward then I despair!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah how would he or anyone know that?

Isn't he just referring to that pic that was being shared on social media? The one that said sunderland pay 9mil a year and we pay almost 20 mil a year.

20 mil a year in wages? For that shower?!

I suppose dalman is saying this thinking fans will be pleased to see the club are spending money. I'm actually livid!! If we were paying peanuts I'd say fair play we are crap because we are trying to balance the books etc.... but if we are actually one of the top wage payers in the league and this is our reward then I despair!!
    Your last para echoes my thoughts on the subject - if true, it’s another reason to despair at the way the club is being run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Tell that to Dalman. He’s the one who made the claim.

Wow.

If you believe the figures - which are produced by capology - they state that we're paying Phillips and Ramsey a combined 7.5m a year.

The rest of the squad are on fairly sensible mid table money. In fact when you take Phillips and Ramsey and put them on squad average money we are spending around 12m a year which takes us to the bottom half of the spending table (similar to QPR and the Jacks).

I think the transfer embargo will have inflated our wage bill too - spending more than we probably would for loanees wages.