+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wintle arguing with fans in the ninian stand yesterday?

Wintle arguing with fans in the ninian stand yesterday?

Just reading about it on bbc. Anyone see it? (Or take part?!)

"The Cardiff manager said: "He is the captain, we will have to talk to him. If he made something wrong he has to apologise for that because the fans are here for the players and push them to be positive. Over the last few weeks, they were supporting us really hard. We lost games and again they supported us really hard. So we cannot show this reaction."

Re: Wintle arguing with fans in the ninian stand yesterday?

I don't agree with Bulut, i like players arguing with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They get paid well to do a nice job but I sit there sometimes cringing at some of the crap that regularly comes out of so many of our fans mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    They get paid well to do a nice job but I sit there sometimes cringing at some of the crap that regularly comes out of so many of our fans mouths.
    Yep

Some of our fans give out dogs abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed. Fair play to wintle if he did. We could do with more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Was it Dai Hunt?

Whoever thought it was a good idea to extend Wintles contract to 2026 needs a good f-ing shoeing.

The new Will Vaulks. At least Vaulks could launch it jnto the box.

It was the poorly hit free kick in the first half that raised a massive groan when it skidded a few feet off the ground, he motioned to calm down, which raised the hackles even more and he just motioned to calm down again.

Nothing really but IMO the crowd was on a knife edge all game and it could have gotten nasty at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    It was the poorly hit free kick in the first half that raised a massive groan when it skidded a few feet off the ground, he motioned to calm down, which raised the hackles even more and he just motioned to calm down again.

Nothing really but IMO the crowd was on a knife edge all game and it could have gotten nasty at any moment.
    Pet hate of mine when a professional footballer can’t clear the first man. If you’re trying a Peter Whittingham or Charlie Adam style bullet and you get it wrong fair enough, it happens. but when you’re just trying to put it into an area and tou fail so miserably then you shouldn’t Be on dear balls.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Whoever thought it was a good idea to extend Wintles contract to 2026 needs a good f-ing shoeing.

He's a neat and tidy player at this level

If Ramsey wasn't such a hospital case on 40 k a week Wintle could have been in the background doing the dirty work allowing the star signings to shine

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If Ramsey wasn't such a hospital case on 40 k a week Wintle could have been in the background doing the dirty work allowing the star signings to shine
    Go and water the plants Sludge.

Leave the football alone.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

i wish Etete would chin a few on here

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    He would probably miss.

Good for Wintle I say.

In the 21st minute, Wintle hits a free-kick into the box that goes directly to the feet of a Blackburn player, it can happen to the best of players. Barely 8 minutes later there's a déjà vu moment from a free-kick when he repeats the same mistake... straight to the feet of a Blackburn player.

Perhaps it was at this point the crowd reacted in some way, however, Wintle telling them to calm down was patronising from him. I think the City faithful have been quite patient, surprisingly so. He should have just been annoyed at himself, put his hands up, and thought to himself... "I'm going to iron this out on the training field next week".

You certainly don't want "more" player/fan arguments, it's unsavoury and does nothing to improve morale within the club. History usually shows that when a player goes down the route of challenging fans it never ends well.

I hope Bulut tells him not to be so precious, to suck it up, and improve his setpiece delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He would probably miss.
    That made me chuckle

It would be like getting savaged by a toothless sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Quite worrying , I am actually agreeing with a lot of Sludges comments at the moment.

Wintle is a decent enough player at this level .

He used to be a cage fighter y’know…………….3 losses to two budgies & a canary prompted him to try his hand at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would be like getting savaged by a toothless sheep.
    🤣🐑⚽️

If Wintle was a phlebotomist he’d stick the needle in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In the 21st minute, Wintle hits a free-kick into the box that goes directly to the feet of a Blackburn player, it can happen to the best of players. Barely 8 minutes later there's a déjà vu moment from a free-kick when he repeats the same mistake... straight to the feet of a Blackburn player.

Perhaps it was at this point the crowd reacted in some way, however, Wintle telling them to calm down was patronising from him. I think the City faithful have been quite patient, surprisingly so. He should have just been annoyed at himself, put his hands up, and thought to himself... "I'm going to iron this out on the training field next week".

You certainly don't want "more" player/fan arguments, it's unsavoury and does nothing to improve morale within the club. History usually shows that when a player goes down the route of challenging fans it never ends well.

I hope Bulut tells him not to be so precious, to suck it up, and improve his setpiece delivery.
    On Tuesday night I was sat directly behind the Blackburn subs. Even they were p*ssing themselves laughing at Wintle's two pathetic attempts. Dreadful just really dreadful, time after time for this League 1 player. and his delivery What the feck does he practice in training? Can't Bulut see he is sh*te at delivering a dead ball? I groan out loud every time I see him step up to take a free kick or corner. Please, please, please, can we have someone else deliver free kicks and corners on Saturday? ....I bet we don't though....
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 22-02-24 at 11:46. Reason: sPelluNG

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He used to be a cage fighter y’know…………….3 losses to two budgies & a canary prompted him to try his hand at football.
    So staying on theme...

What a lot of people don't know is that Etete used to be a boxer. Apparently, he was a real artist in the ring - always on the canvas!