+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I still call it the Post Offce Tower, but

I still call it the Post Offce Tower, but

whatever it's called these days. I can still remember being taken up to the rotating top floor by my parents in the late sixties. As I've got older, I seem to have developed a degree of vertigo, but i had nothing of the sort fifty five years ago and my visit to the Tower was the highlight of that London trip for me

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ondon-landmark

Re: I still call it the Post Offce Tower, but

£300 mil just for the building and another fair whack converting it into a hotel

Would be nice if they reopen the rotating restaurant, no doubt it’ll be expensive but I wouldn’t mind trying it.

Re: I still call it the Post Offce Tower, but

I went there once in the late sixties/early 70's with my wife and another couple. The revolving restaurant was quite an experience, but a very expensive one I well remember! I can't remember what it cost but I know it was a considerable chunk of my week's wages.

I also remember a crazy incident that happened outside the tower that night. We would never normally drive to that part of London (we lived near Ilford, Essex at the time) but that night we did and in the dark we accidentally drove the wrong way down a very narrow little one-way side street near the tower. An elderly gent suddenly jumped out of the shadows with his camera and took a picture of us in our car and said he would be sending it to the police as he was fed up of people driving the wrong way on this road! Needless to say we never heard anything more but it was quite a bizarre experience.