+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Council tax to rise 6% in Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Council tax to rise 6% in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The poll tax was a very unfair system, the one good thing that came out of it was its contribution to that woman’s demise.
    At 18, back in 1990, i was on £50 per week learning my trade. Thatcher wanted £380 a year from me in poll tax, that was the bet part of 2 months wages. And Mo the Tory idiot thinks it was fair. That bloke needs to give his head a wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    At 18, back in 1990, i was on £50 per week learning my trade. Thatcher wanted £380 a year from me in poll tax, that was the bet part of 2 months wages. And Mo the Tory idiot thinks it was fair. That bloke needs to give his head a wobble.
    Aye, some show their true colours on here. That woman’s disciples, treat those less fortunate as the shit on their shoe.

International

Aye, some show their true colours on here. That woman’s disciples, treat those less fortunate as the shit on their shoe.
    She did a lot of bad no one should try and deny that, the mines especially were terrible for Welsh communities, and how it was conducted with the police was disgusting and should never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    She did a lot of bad no one should try and deny that, the mines especially were terrible for Welsh communities, and how it was conducted with the police was disgusting and should never be forgotten.
    She also did a lot of good....and don't forget that Harold Wilson closed more coal mines than her government did....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    She also did a lot of good....and don't forget that Harold Wilson closed more coal mines than her government did....
    She did but you need to have a balanced view, if a leader or party does some things good that's fine, but don't try and defend them when they make mistakes or affect you or your area in a bad way.

She closed them because she wanted to decimate any control the working classes had over bosses and the Government. Like working conditions, pay, all that stuff. A lot of the things you moan about in society (These days) are a direct result of policy implemented by Thatcher and successive Tory Governments. It doesn't 'Just Happen'. And that isn't a plug for Labour either, who have been shambolic and have given in to right wing populism over the past 30 years.

She did no good whatsoever, she was a warmonger, she revelled in the Falklands conflict, whipping idiots up into a patriotic frenzy. Then turned on the working man. A horrible person who destroyed lives, communities and a whole way of life to line the pockets of the few. It was a horrible time to be a run of the mill worker in those dark days.

I hated her with a passion and that hate will never go away. A horrible, uncaring shithouse.

She did no good whatsoever, she was a warmonger, she revelled in the Falklands conflict, whipping idiots up into a patriotic frenzy. Then turned on the working man. A horrible person who destroyed lives, communities and a whole way of life to line the pockets of the few. It was a horrible time to be a run of the mill worker in those dark days.

I hated her with a passion and that hate will never go away. A horrible, uncaring shithouse.
    Interesting, a warmonger? What do you think of Tony Bliar then?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Blair is a war criminal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Another Tory twat! That woman went to war against her own people though, the recent Miners Strike documentary, Orgreave dear me!!

Let’s not forget either that it was a decision by the incoming Government to cut down on the military presence in the Falklands which, effectively, gave Argentina the green light to invade.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/...cuts-falklands

Well...each to their own...we all have differing views on history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    ...so that was about 14% of your salary.....mean average per household for Council Tax is around 10%....but that can cover x people......and THAT is why there is a lack of funding. People should pay individually.

The 20 council areas with the lowest average earnings in the UK all charged over 8 per cent of the median salary in council tax. Relative to both house prices and median pay, the four lowest charging councils were all in London. (my bold)...do you think THAT is fair? of course it isn't - if they were charged individually it would be more even.