It's an important subject though. I acknowledge that. My view is that Social Security benefits are fundamental in a caring society as they embody the principle of collective responsibility and compassion towards those in need.

These benefits provide financial assistance to older people, the disabled, and families in distress, ensuring a basic standard of living and safeguarding against the harsh impacts of poverty and inequality. In the UK, the government's duty of care under the Equalities Act further emphasises the importance of these benefits, mandating state intervention to protect and support its citizens (or subjects as we are, unfortunately), particularly the most vulnerable.

This legal framework underpins the societal commitment to fairness, equality, and the belief that everyone deserves dignity and security, reinforcing the moral and ethical obligations of the state to care for its people.

Interestingly. The state refers to my registered mode of transport (the DVLA) as an 'Invalid Carriage'. That, in IMO, could be challenged under The Equalities Act.