+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Annual tax summary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Annual tax summary

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave a short while ago.

In other words, read my response to Stanmore Blues similar complaint.

I am not typing all that again!

Just to add that I disagree entirely with your last sentence.

The only thing I will repeat from my earlier postvis that if you don't want to read a thread just ignore it!!
    I actually agree with you. However, that's why I posted the Anchovies thread. This is not an attack on the OP (even though I acknowledge my aggressive tone). It's just that most of 'this kind of topic' descends into name-calling or the same ad infinitum, political wank-fests which are better consigned to this dusty old place. It's just an opinion. But opinions are the new facts which are why we keep the churn of the same shite all the time. It's all very well saying 'don't read them' but then, what else would there be and can't we just be a bit more imaginative? It's like the same old anti-Swansea, anti-English bollox sung by our lot. It's boring. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I actually agree with you. However, that's why I posted the Anchovies thread. This is not an attack on the OP (even though I acknowledge my aggressive tone). It's just that most of 'this kind of topic' descends into name-calling or the same ad infinitum, political wank-fests which are better consigned to this dusty old place. It's just an opinion. But opinions are the new facts which are why we keep the churn of the same shite all the time. It's all very well saying 'don't read them' but then, what else would there be and can't we just be a bit more imaginative? It's like the same old anti-Swansea, anti-English bollox sung by our lot. It's boring. IMO.
    I haven't read the Anchovies thread, not even opened it as it doesn't interest me. Makes life online much easier.

£1 in every £8 is spent on servicing the debt. just my first thought.

And whilst discussing tax, I'm of the opinion Starmer needs to be more radical. Its time we had a paradigm shift in UK politics and now is the time to invest heavily in infrastructure (trains, trams, cycle networks), green energy, education, hospitals, housing (private and council). If the government can raise billions if not trillions and this can be paid back over 50 years, then the UK has a real good opportunity to transform itself. Capitalism, social justice and equity don't have to be strangers - the big infrastructure projects would be delivered by the private sector fuelling economic growth, paying taxes, creating jobs and the end result is a much improved UK. The only gripe would be we need to learn the lesson of HS2 - we were once world beaters in industry, innovation and making things happen, and somehow we have lost that skill. My view is we have too many civil servants - the MoD has more workers than we have sailors in the Navy - that is just nuts.