+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annual tax summary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Annual tax summary

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Just had an email saying where our tax £££ are spent. I have removed the amounts so I don't make you all feel bad for my huge contributions to help the less needy.

Nearly 20% on welfare, this is the one that really gets under my skin, thoughts?

Description
    Amount
    Health (19.8%)

Welfare (19.6%)

National Debt Interest (12%)

State Pensions (10.3%)

Education (9.9%)

Business and Industry (7.6%)

Defence (5.2%)

Public Order and Safety (4.1%)

Transport (4.1%)

Government Administration (2%)

Housing and Utilities, like street lighting (1.7%)

Culture, like sports, libraries, museums (1.3%)

Environment (1.3%)

Outstanding payments to the EU (0.6%)

Overseas Aid (0.5%)
    Did you research in detail what defines the category of 'Welfare' before you posted the above?

It seems that the only query the virtuous have is regarding the welfare %, IMO, that we only spend 4.1 % on public order and safety is far more concerning, carry on stabbing, robbing, assaulting, the priority given is in plain sight.

Definition of Welfare as used on personal tax statements taken from Fullfact.

"For your tax letter the Treasury has defined 'welfare' as spending by central and local governments based on international standards and includes much of what you would expect, such as incapacity, disability and unemployment benefits.

But it also includes items like spending on personal social services such as home care and child protection."

Seems to me it's a definition which goes to the heart of the type of person you are - do you think all who get the sort of benefits above are deserving of them (I happen to think the large majority of them are) or do you think they're all on the fiddle? If you're in the latter category can I ask what your opinion is of the rich tax avoiders and evaders who cause your own tax bill to be higher than it would be if they all paid their share?