+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etete/Colwill as a false 9

Etete/Colwill as a false 9

If we're going to continue with playing our wingers as we are, surely a false 9 would be better suited.

I do think Etete has the speed to make it work.

Re: Etete/Colwill as a false 9

Etete looks more like a fake 9.

The average age on here must be 60. You'd swear it was 6 the way some people respond and continually pick at the players.

Discuss the thread or just click off it if you're not up for the discussion...

This would be interesting, ive suggested binning the wingers and using more CAM/AM type players in a 4231. I think Etete would benefit from having players behind him who can pass the ball, play balls through he can run on to. He's got decent feet for a big guy, and he's clearly not built for hold up play, although he did manage to play in Colwill a couple of times Tuesday, its not a natural part of his game.

To play any position in any system he’d need to perfect the art of staying on his feet.

Ok, I’m having a go but it’s a basic need for a footballer, a need he struggles with wherever he is on the pitch.

Give it a try, can’t be worse than what the current system has produced in the last couple of months and the wingers aren’t contributing anything right now anyway.

Colwill, Turnbull and Ralls as the 3 with Grant as the striker would be interesting to see.

How would playing our wingers as full back suit a false 9?

Our wingers dont cross the halfway line, let alone get beyond the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Give it a try, can’t be worse than what the current system has produced in the last couple of months and the wingers aren’t contributing anything right now anyway.

Colwill, Turnbull and Ralls as the 3 with Grant as the striker would be interesting to see.
    That’s a more realistic shout.

a cute idea...but i dont think a false nine fits a 4600 formation

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If we're going to continue with playing our wingers as we are, surely a false 9 would be better suited.

And let’s try Alnwick on the left wing and Romeo in goal whilst we’re at it….

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And let’s try Alnwick on the left wing and Romeo in goal whilst we’re at it….
    etete has a lot more potential than you give him credit for..maybe watch him next match rather than looking at the stats table

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    etete has a lot more potential than you give him credit for..maybe watch him next match rather than looking at the stats table
    I watch him every match and I sincerely hope that I haven’t got to watch him again. He’s utter shite, no bottle, no skill, can’t stay on his feet, a total pussycat who gets mastered by everyone who’s marked him. Potential

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I watch him every match and I sincerely hope that I haven’t got to watch him again. He’s utter shite, no bottle, no skill, can’t stay on his feet, a total pussycat who gets mastered by everyone who’s marked him. Potential
    Yes potential.

He is skillful with the ball at his feet he can actually pass (unlike the donkey's you and most on this dinosaur forum prefer). When he has had a chance (very very few actual chances) he gets something on it and normally hits the target even if its right at the keeper.

We also had an excellent looking poacher earlier in the season that most on this forum rubbished (Ugbo). He had a similar treatment when he was misused and slapped onto the wing for a few cameos.

Both strikers with decent ability but both woefully misused and forced to defend until their legs give out. Etete is also constantly pressing..why does it look bad? HES PRESSING 3 DEFENDERS ALONE

You and the other muppets who spout the same rubbish are a minority from what i hear at the grounds tho. Thankfully!

is Etete a world beat? NO
    is Etete doing well? NO
    is Etete given a chance with these bulutshit tactics? NO FCKING WAY

meh..rant over. over to you dull AF stat watchers

Yes potential.

He is skillful with the ball at his feet he can actually pass (unlike the donkey's you and most on this dinosaur forum prefer). When he has had a chance (very very few actual chances) he gets something on it and normally hits the target even if its right at the keeper.

We also had an excellent looking poacher earlier in the season that most on this forum rubbished (Ugbo). He had a similar treatment when he was misused and slapped onto the wing for a few cameos.

Both strikers with decent ability but both woefully misused and forced to defend until their legs give out. Etete is also constantly pressing..why does it look bad? HES PRESSING 3 DEFENDERS ALONE

You and the other muppets who spout the same rubbish are a minority from what i hear at the grounds tho. Thankfully!

is Etete doing well? NO

‘What you hear in the ground’…You want to sit by me, I’m quite quiet in my criticism of Etete in comparison to those around me. I’m certainly not a stat watcher. I witness his ineptitude with my own eyes, he’s got no aggression, spends a hell of a lot of time on his arse, can’t hold a ball up, gets bullied easily, can’t score, Potential?????? How old do you think he is? 12?

‘What you hear in the ground’…You want to sit by me, I’m quite quiet in my criticism of Etete in comparison to those around me. I’m certainly not a stat watcher. I witness his ineptitude with my own eyes, he’s got no aggression, spends a hell of a lot of time on his arse, can’t hold a ball up, gets bullied easily, can’t score, Potential?????? How old do you think he is? 12?
    Playing as a false 9 means he wouldn’t have to do so much ‘battling’

Every game is a battle, whatever position you’re in you have to stand up and be counted. The Championship is an unforgiving division and you need to stand your ground, Etete is too weak.

Yes potential.

is Etete doing well? NO

Etete is not a false 9 but he may be a false footballer - nothing there at all - stats or stats he is shit

Could you picture Etete going up against the likes of Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba, and even Aiden Flint?
    It would be the easiest game they'd ever have, they'd probably end up feeling sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Could you picture Etete going up against the likes of Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba, and even Aiden Flint?
    It would be the easiest game they'd ever have, they'd probably end up feeling sorry for him.
    I always say that when the team sheets are known prior to kick off, the opposition defence must be getting the cigars out when they see Etete’s name on it.

My opinion for what it is worth, and is this really a novel approach... Why not play a left footed winger on the left wing and play a right footed winger on the right wing?

That way, the winger can go past his man and put in a cross with his natural foot, instead of having to:
    stop, reset on to his natural foot, thereby stopping any momentum that may have been generated bay a forward pass, stop, pause, look up, survey his options, see that any forward player that is in the box has had to stop and reset, the winger then passes back to the supporting (inverted whatever the blimmin 'eck that means) full back, who looks at his options, hears the crowd's built up frustration about the loss of momentum in the move, then, during the pause in momentum, refers back to the instruction mantra in his inner ear that have been modern day coached to him (over and over and over and over, etc, again) that possession is king, so do not under any curcumstance give the ball away. Then, said inverted full back (whatever the blimmin 'eck that is?) proceeds to follow that mantra (given by him by some guru/coach/fool sitting on a hill somewhere), I shall pass it backwards/the buck to one of my team mates therefore fulfilling my roll in the modern day team... oh yeah, just like modern day football, what is the point?

Well what is my point? Oh yes, I lost it because of ainalising the above, stop, reset, refine, recycle, stop, reset, blah, blah, blah.

Football is becoming over complicated and stale. Every "modern" team, every stadium, everything outside the odd exception is stale. City prove this point because we would rather cement our position in the league (top, middle, or bottom), rather than risk a bit of individual skill in the opposition half, where heaven forbid possession might be be lost.

Where has all the entertainment gone?

Rant-a-thon over.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    My opinion for what it is worth, and is this really a novel approach... Why not play a left footed winger on the left wing and play a right footed winger on the right wing?

That way, the winger can go past his man and put in a cross with his natural foot, instead of having to:
    stop, reset on to his natural foot, thereby stopping any momentum that may have been generated bay a forward pass, stop, pause, look up, survey his options, see that any forward player that is in the box has had to stop and reset, the winger then passes back to the supporting (inverted whatever the blimmin 'eck that means) full back, who looks at his options, hears the crowd's built up frustration about the loss of momentum in the move, then, during the pause in momentum, refers back to the instruction mantra in his inner ear that have been modern day coached to him (over and over and over and over, etc, again) that possession is king, so do not under any curcumstance give the ball away. Then, said inverted full back (whatever the blimmin 'eck that is?) proceeds to follow that mantra (given by him by some guru/coach/fool sitting on a hill somewhere), I shall pass it backwards/the buck to one of my team mates therefore fulfilling my roll in the modern day team... oh yeah, just like modern day football, what is the point?

Well what is my point? Oh yes, I lost it because of ainalising the above, stop, reset, refine, recycle, stop, reset, blah, blah, blah.

Football is becoming over complicated and stale. Every "modern" team, every stadium, everything outside the odd exception is stale. City prove this point because we would rather cement our position in the league (top, middle, or bottom), rather than risk a bit of individual skill in the opposition half, where heaven forbid possession might be be lost.

Where has all the entertainment gone?

Rant-a-thon over.
    Top post!

imagine this! somebody gets it

playing to the players STRENGTHS not his clear weaknesses. This is a manager problem. The simple minded will go to the symptom and not the root cause every time

imagine this! somebody gets it

playing to the players STRENGTHS not his clear weaknesses. This is a manager problem. The simple minded will go to the symptom and not the root cause every time
    Frigging great, “Kion, I’m going to put you in a position where you don’t have to battle or fight for the ball”….”Smashing, I’ll have a bit of that”…. “Put this tracksuit on, you’re with the ball boys today!!!”

Frigging great, “Kion, I’m going to put you in a position where you don’t have to battle or fight for the ball”….”Smashing, I’ll have a bit of that”…. “Put this tracksuit on, you’re with the ball boys today!!!”

dull c*nt arent you

he does press he just isnt very good at HOOFBALL unfortunately for you.

go watch some rugby

dull c*nt arent you

he does press he just isnt very good at HOOFBALL unfortunately for you.

go watch some rugby
    Touched a nerve where are you and Kion off to tonight? He scored y’know.

To be fair he did a lot better today, amazing what a bit of criticism and a kick up the arse does, thanks for passing it on to him

He’s still shite, one game doesn’t alter the past, he needs to man up now and keep it up.

Oh and ‘dull c*nt’, ?? Less of your cheek to someone who has a different take on things to you.