+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds v Leicester

Re: Leeds v Leicester

Can’t believe the game is over, our games seem like hours compared to this one tonight. It’s flown by.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...and did Leeds sit back to defend at 2-1 ? Did they heck....still poured forward...now 3-1.
    It’s a good point but still… probably a lot easier when you have Summerville, James, Rutter and can bring Anthony and Bamford off the bench. Just a slight difference in quality to what we have available.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Jammy feckers. Three goals off deflections or poor bounces in the box. How have Leicester not won this.
    The lineman’s mistake was a huge factor. 2-0 would have made a hell of a difference.

It’s a good point but still… probably a lot easier when you have Summerville, James, Rutter and can bring Anthony and Bamford off the bench. Just a slight difference in quality to what we have available.
    I'll have none of that. Leeds are planning a multi-million pound raid for Etete, Tanner and Meite this summer. ITK. You've heard it here first.

Nothing but envy for that atmosphere at the moment.

Driven by the team and taken to another level by the fans.

what a game. Leeds fans enjoying it, fair play. can we have some of that please!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    ok

Neither good enough on this showing to survive in the prem without more investment
    Leeds now share owners with the San Francisco 49ers, who have a track record of building successful teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    One does wonder where/why it all went downhill...although we all have our opinions.

I wonder if our players (manager?) are watching this and the pace with which they attack.
    Probably wishing we had any of their players, let’s be fair it wasn’t long ago Leicester won the premier league.

The one thing I noticed with the Norwich game is how comfortable so many of their players were carrying the ball with pace, we had no one. Signings always seem to be the same, no pace, no goals, like for like. Does Turnbull add anything we don’t have?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Leeds now share owners with the San Francisco 49ers, who have a track record of building successful teams.
    Which was my point about more investment

It was pretty much what we were watching 15 or so years ago. Then again we had Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack, Ledley, McPhail, Whittingham, Burke ........

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It was pretty much what we were watching 15 or so years ago. Then again we had Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack, Ledley, McPhail, Whittingham, Burke ........
    It's a step up from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Which was my point about more investment
    Their better players are also very young, Gray 17, Summerville 22, Gnonto 20, Rutter 21, so they are only going to improve, plus the captain is only 23. It's a good project for the 49ers to throw some money at.

Their better players are also very young, Gray 17, Summerville 22, Gnonto 20, Rutter 21, so they are only going to improve, plus the captain is only 23. It's a good project for the 49ers to throw some money at.
    Or they'll get snapped up by the bigger clubs, in terms of budget. Suppose that's where good recruitment comes into play.

Jammy feckers. Three goals off deflections or poor bounces in the box. How have Leicester not won this.
    Leeds squandered 4 good chances early in the game. The good thing about Farke is he never panics.

What are they doing picking players that young? They're clearly not ready yet!

Even without their cockney , Welsh and wurzel plastic fans Leeds are a huge club

4th biggest city in England .........only 1 club

I would imagine they are looking to expand Elland Road or move ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nothing but envy for that atmosphere at the moment.

Driven by the team and taken to another level by the fans.
    This sums it up perfectly for me. I started off having it on in the background and ended up watching and enjoying it all. Splotty was spot on too when he said it flew by.....the complete opposite of our dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    This sums it up perfectly for me. I started off having it on in the background and ended up watching and enjoying it all. Splotty was spot on too when he said it flew by.....the complete opposite of our dross.
    And oddly enough, i don't hate Leeds. Absolutely no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Hate is a strong word. I don't have any 'hate' towards any other club.
    Not Leeds, Manchester United, Liverpool etc etc.

I admit to having a strong dislike of Swansea City, and I'm always more than happy when Bristol City get beat.

Farke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hate is a strong word. I don't have any 'hate' towards any other club.
    Not Leeds, Manchester United, Liverpool etc etc.

I admit to having a strong dislike of Swansea City, and I'm always more than happy when Bristol City get beat.
    I hate Leeds in terms of football

I was hoping Leicester would do them tonight and I hope they blow it if they have to rely on the play offs

I am no Middlesbrough or Sunderland fan but if the likes of those teams play Leeds I hope they do them too

It's the same for any of the big time Charlie clubs ......United, Liverpool , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs ....I can't stand the way they suck up all the money

I hate Swansea in a local rivals sort of way and to a lesser extent bristol city , stoke , millwall

But it's not like I am sticking pins in plasterscine models of John toshack in his Swansea kit

It's not that sort of hate

I do, but then I remember them from the sixties.

Yes, but they were playing the team widely hailed as one of the Championship’s best ever team, a team predicted to break the division’s points record this season. What I would say is that, knowing the Cardiff City psyche since Dave Jones’ days, is that if we’d had the same players and resources as Leeds did last night, we’d have chosen to pack the defence and hang on at 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, but they were playing the team widely hailed as one of the Championship’s best ever team, a team predicted to break the division’s points record this season. What I would say is that, knowing the Cardiff City psyche since Dave Jones’ days, is that if we’d had the same players and resources as Leeds did last night, we’d have chosen to pack the defence and hang on at 2-1.
    That's probably true of Malky's side after we'd lost 5-4 at Charlton, but certainly not true of Solskjær. He'd have probably taken off a centre back and midfielder, brought on another striker and winger and gone 3-2-5. What a 5-5 draw that would have been lol!

passion