+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve morison post match interview yesterday- doing the rounds on Twitter

Steve morison post match interview yesterday- doing the rounds on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Sanny_Rudra/stat...ApMkyak7A&s=19

He hasn't changed then? Good entertainment though.

Re: Steve morison post match interview yesterday- doing the rounds on Twitter

I defended this plank while he was manager here.

What a ****ing idiot I was.

To be fair the penalty taker one and the conceding goals question are a bit unimaginative. He probably couldn't say much more but could have been more polite.

Think you learn quickly to just leave SM alone after matches, and before, maybe just ask his assistant.

Wow.

The sad thing is. This dofus is the closest thing we've had to progressive football of late (apart from his last few defensive disaster games)

Goes to show these managers are not the rocket scientists some fans seem to think. The majority are very dippy and could use a swift replacing until we hit somebody with half a footballing tactical brain

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Why ? People are completely obsessed with what people say and how they say it. He was totally p....d off and it showed. Does any genuine supporter of their club really listen to their manager's post match comments ? Usually worse than watching paint dry.

Unfortunately morison had to make do with max watters as his Lone striker. However the early football of last season (home wins v Norwich and Birmingham) were still far far superior to anything recently. He did have a plan of sorts and it was kind of progressive. Would have been better to have kept him than giving it to hudson. Plus had things fallen apart his post match interviews would have been incredible.

Horrible man.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Why ? People are completely obsessed with what people say and how they say it. He was totally p....d off and it showed. Does any genuine supporter of their club really listen to their manager's post match comments ? Usually worse than watching paint dry.
    My guess is that there are plenty of supporters who hang on every word of managerial press conferences. The questions are often inane,but does anyone believe that :Morison’s attitude would have been any different if the questions had been a bit more taxing?the chences are he would have been even more stroppy.
    It soon became clear at City that Morison had little time for the local media and, in the modern game especially, his chances of making a successful career for himself in management are going to be reduced if he keeps on upsetting the media. Someone like Derguson could get away with it because he had the trophies to point out, but all Morison has done so far is keep us up and take a ninth tier side I think it was to the top of their league - prospective employers will look at his record so far and decide he’s not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My guess is that there are plenty of supporters who hang on every word of managerial press conferences. The questions are often inane,but does anyone believe that :Morison’s attitude would have been any different if the questions had been a bit more taxing?the chences are he would have been even more stroppy.
    It soon became clear at City that Morison had little time for the local media and, in the modern game especially, his chances of making a successful career for himself in management are going to be reduced if he keeps on upsetting the media. Someone like Derguson could get away with it because he had the trophies to point out, but all Morison has done so far is keep us up and take a ninth tier side I think it was to the top of their league - prospective employers will look at his record so far and decide he’s not worth the effort.
    Also if that's how he chooses to present himself in public, imagine what he's like behind closed doors...

In a previous thread, someone posted a link to a similarly spiky post-match interview given by Roy Hodgson. Even he came across as pretty arrogant in his clip.

Immediately after the game is not the best time to ask a manager bland questions relating to why they lose, fail to keep a clean sheet, fail to score, miss penalties, disagree with the ref etc. etc.

That said, Morrison is arrogant any time of the week.

The questions are going to be repetitive, bland etc, They have to be. Imagine a journalist picking up a manager on tactics, patterns of play etc. That would never do. The questions are beige because it's an offering for the manager, Coach, to elaborate, show his or her ability to explain what went right or wrong. And Morison (The Wanker) is aware of this. He might well be pissed off, but speaking to the press is part of his job. Nobody is saying that he shouldn't be pissed off, but to belittle someone doing their job is the stuff of a massive cock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's point of view I'd agree with to a degree, but as another poster commented, his football - and his approach to how the game should be played - was much, much better. And whilst he made some poor signings this is the manager who brought into the club :

Allsop
    Alnwich
    Kipre
    Sawyers
    O'Dowda
    Philogene
    Robinson
    Etete
    Tanner

It's point of view I'd agree with to a degree, but as another poster commented, his football - and his approach to how the game should be played - was much, much better. And whilst he made some poor signings this is the manager who brought into the club :

Allsop
    Alnwich
    Kipre
    Sawyers
    O'Dowda
    Philogene
    Robinson
    Etete
    Tanner
    Is that list of players suppoed to be an endorsement of Morison? If so, **** me.....

Morison is a classless twat. Always has been, always will be. Look at his treatment of Watters, stuck the boot in because he isn't a target man in a game we won. Absolutely needless.

This time he's been there for 9 games, they've won 0. He's deflecting because he's a poor manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morison is a classless twat. Always has been, always will be. Look at his treatment of Watters, stuck the boot in because he isn't a target man in a game we won. Absolutely needless.

This time he's been there for 9 games, they've won 0. He's deflecting because he's a poor manager.
    Morison is punching above his weight as a league two coach, Hornchurch who narrowly missed out the season before is his level
    At least that way a lower level club get 2 4 1 by employing Morison
    As he comes with his massive ego as well

Bloke is a complete prick

I think he deserved his chance as manager for us and think performance and results wise he was sacked to early. But just like with Malky, once you realise their ego is above the club and they are basically a bully then you wish they never set foot in the club.

That audio only confirms what has been said before.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sanny_Rudra/stat...ApMkyak7A&s=19

He hasn't changed then? Good entertainment though.
    You would have thought he would have learned or at least had some training, he's not up to the job is he.

The guys a bully. Plain and simple.

If hes like that in public, god help what hes like behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Is that list of players suppoed to be an endorsement of Morison? If so, **** me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Unfortunately morison had to make do with max watters as his Lone striker. However the early football of last season (home wins v Norwich and Birmingham) were still far far superior to anything recently. He did have a plan of sorts and it was kind of progressive. Would have been better to have kept him than giving it to hudson. Plus had things fallen apart his post match interviews would have been incredible.
    I said in my defence of him I would have given him to the end of the season, he was trying to change things and he was let go too soon.

He just comes across as a right ****ing bell end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The guys a bully. Plain and simple.

If hes like that in public, god help what hes like behind closed doors.
    Speaking to people you probably know that's the impression I was given as well.

Speaking to people you probably know that's the impression I was given as well.
    Theres people on here who still think it was just me with an axe to grind with him and that hes not really a bully. Someone brought it up on here to use against me the other day. Feel sorry for the lad interviewing him but in a way Im glad its doing the rounds on social media and hes showing the rest of the country what hes really like.

Theres a couple of local journos / journalist students from Cardiff in the comments who have said to the guy not to take it personally, theyve been there and seen how much of a prick he can be first hand.

10/10

You think that's amusing ? Explain why you don't rate Kipre, Alnwick, O'Dowda, Philogene, Tanner ? And to a lesser degree Robinson and our 1st choice attacker, Etete ? And Ryan Allsop now 1st choice 'keeper at promotion chasing Hull City ?