+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Energy Provider ?

Energy Provider ?

I find EON a complete pain in the arse with their billing

It's completely impossible to understand

Anyone get a nice easy bill and good service from any of them ?

Re: Energy Provider ?

I've found EDF the best over the years, but by no means the cheapest.
    I am currently with EON Next who are truly dreadful, but relatively cheap.

I use Octopus. Haven't got a smart meter so just submit my readings online each month. A day or so later they email me my bill. Easy enough to understand in that I can see how much each month how much of a rip off the Standing charges are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I use Octopus. Haven't got a smart meter so just submit my readings online each month. A day or so later they email me my bill. Easy enough to understand in that I can see how much each month how much of a rip off the Standing charges are.
    I'm with Shell, and share your experience.
    They keep ringing/texting me to have a smart meter but I keep saying no.

I’m with Octopus and find them amazing, I would happily pay a little more rather than change. The fact you can actually email them and they respond rather than calling someone like BT and being on hold for an hour before actually getting to speak to someone.

The Bills seem very simple and it shows the DD going out to compare. I do have a smart meter but I know you can submit meter readings very easily on the app.

Another vote for Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I've found EDF the best over the years, but by no means the cheapest.
    I am currently with EON Next who are truly dreadful, but relatively cheap.
    EON next are shocking

I have heard good things about octopus

EON have just fitted a smart meter for me but the invoices are all over the shop and if I e mail them the replies look they have been sent by 5 year old kids

Yep, I’m with Octopus. No complaints, all pretty straightforward & transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I'm with Shell, and share your experience.
    They keep ringing/texting me to have a smart meter but I keep saying no.
    They don't call me anymore but each time I open the app its a plea to get a smart meter

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Another vote for Octopus.
    And another.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m with Octopus and find them amazing, I would happily pay a little more rather than change. The fact you can actually email them and they respond rather than calling someone like BT and being on hold for an hour before actually getting to speak to someone.

The Bills seem very simple and it shows the DD going out to compare. I do have a smart meter but I know you can submit meter readings very easily on the app.
    Eon are cheapish but absolutely crap

I changed my Internet provider to plusnet and they are utterly hopeless too

Nationalise the lot of them

They don't call me anymore but each time I open the app its a plea to get a smart meter
    Martin Lewis said if you are offered one then take it

Why don't people like them ?

Eon have just installed mine , if I give them the elbow can octopus use the same one ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Eon have just installed mine , if I give them the elbow can octopus use the same one ?
    Yes they can.

Yeah I think so, I have a new build so mine were originally with British Gas and I moved to octopus. They also came out and replaced one as British Gas didn’t do the gas one properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Yes they can.
    Thanks

So I just phone them up and they do everything ?

What contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah I think so, I have a new build so mine were originally with British Gas and I moved to octopus. They also came out and replaced one as British Gas didn’t do the gas one properly.
    Cheers appreciate it

I don't want one because I don't want to spend my time looking at it then trying to reduce my hourly or daily spend.

With eon but aren’t they all much of a muchness? Just pay the direct debit each month.

One of my first jobs was working at Atlantic electric and gas call centre, I couldn’t understand the bills while working there so got no hope now.

On smart meters, they want you to have one too much. Puts me right off.

I don't want one because I don't want to spend my time looking at it then trying to reduce my hourly or daily spend.
    I only have heating on in two rooms in the winter so my bills are affordable .....obviously not everyone is as fortunate ......so I don't get hyperactive about it

You're absolutely out of your mind if you're getting a smart meter.

Cheers appreciate it
    https://share.octopus.energy/loved-coral-950

I think you can use the link here, they should do it all for you. It says if anyone uses the link we share £100. Don’t feel you need to tho I was just finding a link and it came up. There website should point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    You're absolutely out of your mind if you're getting a smart meter.
    What’s the reason? Like I said I have a new build so we didn’t have a choice but I find them great.

I only have heating on in two rooms in the winter so my bills are affordable .....obviously not everyone is as fortunate ......so I don't get hyperactive about it
    Same here. I appreciate that smart meters are useful for many, but as you say, if my bills are affordable to me I'm not going to stress about them.

Octopus. I find them very good.