+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Energy Provider ?

Re: Energy Provider ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I don't want one because I don't want to spend my time looking at it then trying to reduce my hourly or daily spend.
    You don't need to switch on the in-home display. As soon as it's installed and setup you can unplug the display and pop it in a drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    And another.
    Me too….they will mail you back almost straight away…..

Ecotricity.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thanks

So I just phone them up and they do everything ?

What contract ?
    I think so.

They've got a few - variable, fixed. Hard to know what's best with prices the way they are at the moment. Mine's fixed until the summer. Not sure if I'll fix it again or not.

All robbing Kent's and I reckon these smart meters will be the subject of huge compensation in a few years time akin to ppi

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    All robbing Kent's and I reckon these smart meters will be the subject of huge compensation in a few years time akin to ppi
    Provided the smart meter works, it should save people money and could help massively the energy industry.

I'd go with Octopus. I've seen how the sausage is made, and their billing system works.

I think so.

They've got a few - variable, fixed. Hard to know what's best with prices the way they are at the moment. Mine's fixed until the summer. Not sure if I'll fix it again or not.
    It's a bit of a guess. If you can fix, and you're getting a cheaper fix than you're paying now I'd take it as it gives piece of mind. I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Provided the smart meter works, it should save people money and could help massively the energy industry.

I'd go with Octopus. I've seen how the sausage is made, and their billing system works.
    I'm with octopus and after a year they admitted there was a fault both on the device and our actual gas meter but only now the main meter changed still waiting on the smart meter - clueless for me

I'm with octopus and after a year they admitted there was a fault both on the device and our actual gas meter but only now the main meter changed still waiting on the smart meter - clueless for me
    If there's a fault with the main meter, then you're going to have an issue with the smart meter.

Either way, they can't charge you for more consumption as it is over a year old so don't fret. Drop the word ombudsman in, they'll shit themselves and it'll get resolved v quickly.

Utility warehouse
    No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    https://share.octopus.energy/loved-coral-950

I think you can use the link here, they should do it all for you. It says if anyone uses the link we share £100. Don’t feel you need to tho I was just finding a link and it came up. There website should point you in the right direction.
    That's cheaper than eon for the flexible tariff

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Utility warehouse
    No complaints.
    What about broadband ? Are you with utility warehouse as well?

I think so.

Cheers

We are with Octopus. Can endorse all the previous comments. I get a text message every month to submit meter reading and then the bill about 2 days later. Easy to understand. No pressure to have a smart meter, which I don't want anyway as I can submit the reading by text in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    We are with Octopus. Can endorse all the previous comments. I get a text message every month to submit meter reading and then the bill about 2 days later. Easy to understand. No pressure to have a smart meter, which I don't want anyway as I can submit the reading by text in seconds.
    Rock n Roll

Why?

I'm with British Gas.
    Re: billing, BG has recently installed a new program as there were glitches in the old system. It's still not perfect.
    On one page they inform you of the amount you owe which differs to the figure on another page. Only one includes 5% VAT.
    Also, I don't like having to apply a formula every time I want to work out the cost of electricity.
    I find the only way to get some action is not to bother dealing with agents, but immediately make a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm with British Gas.
    Re: billing, BG has recently installed a new program as there were glitches in the old system. It's still not perfect.
    On one page they inform you of the amount you owe which differs to the figure on another page. Only one includes 5% VAT.
    Also, I don't like having to apply a formula every time I want to work out the cost of electricity.
    I find the only way to get some action is not to bother dealing with agents, but immediately make a complaint.
    The e mails I get from EON are on occasion impossible to understand

They send me texts regarding payment when I have have repeatedly told them I want bills to my e mail with a link for payment

They agree to that, tell me its been sorted then I start getting texts again

The timing of these communications are all over the place and I am amazed they are still in business

im with octopus had a few problems took a while to sort out but i think its more to do with the poor signal here sending readings, the bills as others have said are easy i pay in full every month seems to be ok

Ovo. Have been cheapest for us for 2/3 years. The 2nd generation smart meters are a great help when changing suppliers as the readings are automatically uploaded to both companies. As for gadgets to tell me how much electricity I'm using, I have a thing called life which I prefer to get on with..

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I don't want one because I don't want to spend my time looking at it then trying to reduce my hourly or daily spend.
    You don't have to, I used to when it was new but now it's just unplugged and in the cupboard.

International

I've been on a fixed rate for two and a half years, and missed the price rises so pretty lucky, but it comes to an end next month.

I have a smart meter with Brittish Gas, they change there DD and review six monthly it seems to work out ok and bills are easy enough to follow.

I'll probably look again next month but not sure if fixed deals are any good since the rises?

I'm with octopus, take my readings once a month get reminders a few days before the DD is taken, then get a bill and account update a few days after taking the readings. They are easy to understand and on the rare occasions I have needed to speak to them, I actually can get a human and their customer service is very good.
    With prices due to fall in April it might be worth waiting until then and looking after you know the full picture.
    I cannot fault octopus at all.

What's the point in changing suppliers.
    They all charge the government's energy cap now.
    No competition.

Octopus (used to be coop I believe)
    Send exact results each month get an exact bill back
    And they aren’t foreign owned (i think)