+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Energy Provider ?

Re: Energy Provider ?

You have to change to octopus first , there is a fifty £50 sweetener for joining if you have a link
    Once confirmed then tracker dec 23 is open to everyone
    The current prices reflect wholesale prices, octopus still make a profit and you get you gas and elect much cheaper
    Current Ofgem SVT is daylight robbery , prices at wholesale are now at pre 2020 prices
    Today I’m at 17p elec and gas 3.9p

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    You have to change to octopus first , there is a fifty £50 sweetener for joining if you have a link
    Once confirmed then tracker dec 23 is open to everyone
    The current prices reflect wholesale prices, octopus still make a profit and you get you gas and elect much cheaper
    Current Ofgem SVT is daylight robbery , prices at wholesale are now at pre 2020 prices
    Today I’m at 17p elec and gas 3.9p
    its not open for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I'd wait till April and then look at the tracker.
    Yep

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have to be on variable tariff for a period before you can be considered for tracker

And it's not available everywhere
    I know but you have to switch to an octopus variable and then they will allow you to switch to the tracker, I'll do it too in April.

Only problem would be if Putin starts to ration the gas again, it could push the price right up, it's a gamble but I'll take the risk.

I know but you have to switch to an octopus variable and then they will allow you to switch to the tracker, I'll do it too in April.

Only problem would be if Putin starts to ration the gas again, it could push the price right up, it's a gamble but I'll take the risk.
    120 quid per month on medium usage in a 2 bed house

That's with EON

Some say they are quite low and some are far more expensive

It's an absolute crap show

International

120 quid per month on medium usage in a 2 bed house

That's with EON

Some say they are quite low and some are far more expensive

It's an absolute crap show
    Aye it's expensive, but that tracker looks cheaper to me when my deal finally ends.

Aye it's expensive, but that tracker looks cheaper to me when my deal finally ends.
    I am definitely leaving eon for octopus their administrative side is shabby

They are absolutely clueless

I am definitely leaving eon for octopus their administrative side is shabby

They are absolutely clueless
    I started a switch to octopus from edf.octopus wanted one month in advance.That would have meant paying edf what I owed them ,then within days paying octopus one month in advance.
    I cancelled and stayed with EDF..Most offers these days require a smart meter.
    I read my meters every month,send the readings to edf,then pay what I owe by direct debit.I wish I was paying 120 quid per month on medium usage in a 2 bed house .I've got a end terrace old house with an extension.It's ****ing freezing..Plus son works from home although he coughs up his share.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I started a switch to octopus from edf.octopus wanted one month in advance.That would have meant paying edf what I owed them ,then within days paying octopus one month in advance.
    I cancelled and stayed with EDF..Most offers these days require a smart meter.
    I read my meters every month,send the readings to edf,then pay what I owe by direct debit.I wish I was paying 120 quid per month on medium usage in a 2 bed house .I've got a end terrace old house with an extension.It's ****ing freezing..Plus son works from home although he coughs up his share.
    I take it you pay a fair bit more then

Why don't you want a smart meter ?

When I change from EON I will still be paying on energy used it's just I won't have to send in readings

Once a month , card payment , exact usage

None of this direct debit nonsense

I take it you pay a fair bit more then

Why don't you want a smart meter ?

When I change from EON I will still be paying on energy used it's just I won't have to send in readings

Once a month , card payment , exact usage

None of this direct debit nonsense
    ask octopus for a variable pay in full direct debit its cheaper than a card payment

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    ask octopus for a variable pay in full direct debit its cheaper than a card payment
    Is that to pay the actual amount used , monthly ?

Because eon wanted me to set up a direct debit and their estimate was based on the most expensive winter payment so I told em no chance

Because eon wanted me to set up a direct debit and their estimate was based on the most expensive winter payment so I told em no chance
    The direct debit is divided by 12 based on anticipated annual consumption

I asked a friend who works for EDF about switching to Octopus and she explained that their staff are not that savvy regarding the accounting side of it even though their Kraken system has been adopted by both e.on and EDF.

yes ,you get a monthly bill approx 2 weeks later they take what you owe /used, all done for you if you want to you can send in the reading from your ihd i think its about 8% cheaper than you paying it by card

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The direct debit is divided by 12 based on anticipated annual consumption
    The problem is that with 6 months of the year needing more heating and light a reasonable usage is bumped up

The estimate I was given was 12 x the 120 I use in the winter

So it was taking the piss and several hundred over my actual usage which in the mild months of November and February was very close to spring and summer amounts

I wasn't having that dave

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I asked a friend who works for EDF about switching to Octopus and she explained that their staff are not that savvy regarding the accounting side of it even though their Kraken system has been adopted by both e.on and EDF.
    Kraken ?

Kraken ?
    Indeed, the accounting system. Named by the Octopus people, no doubt.

Thought it was a town in Poland that fell to the nazis

yes ,you get a monthly bill approx 2 weeks later they take what you owe /used, all done for you if you want to you can send in the reading from your ihd i think its about 8% cheaper than you paying it by card
    mine as an example is billed 18//19th of the month and the the direct debit for the full amount you owe/ used is taken 4/5th of the next month

mine as an example is billed 18//19th of the month and the the direct debit for the full amount you owe/ used is taken 4/5th of the next month
    I would find that tedious

Are you going to Krakow again this evening?

Are you going to Krakow again this evening?
    Krackerjack

This is what I do with edf.Just send in the readings.
    I don't want a smart meter as I'm hoping to move.The new owners can make the decision whether they want a smart meter or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    This is what I do with edf.Just send in the readings.
    I don't want a smart meter as I'm hoping to move.The new owners can make the decision whether they want a smart meter or not.
    I would assume that eventually you will have no choice in the matter in the same way phonelines are being unplugged