+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I know some people have said it’s not much better than recent performances and they are right but consider it’s a derby and consider it’s an away game I think that’s a very accomplished away performance. We did a job, if you considered that amoungst a season of good home form then I think it would be applauded. It’s quite clear in general home form and lack of striker is the issue. Hopefully confidence is the key. Let’s build on this and see where the season takes us.
    Better side today and last week, and arguably against Blackburn. True, we don't have the players to cut open defences, then neither did Bristol today, who recently beat West Ham and should have beaten Forest. Just one general wish now - bring in 3 or 4 really, really good championship players. Let's break this cycle of attrition we've had for 3 seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think he's earned a go to try and create his own side next season
    I've always said he should have the full season this season and I've not at any time called for him to go, even if I have questioned his tactics. The start we made means he deserved the whole season.

However, if we're going to be a team that defends deep and pinches wins from set pieces next season I'd get someone else in. That's not moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've always said he should have the full season this season and I've not at any time called for him to go, even if I have questioned his tactics. The start we made means he deserved the whole season.

However, if we're going to be a team that defends deep and pinches wins from set pieces next season I'd get someone else in. That's not moving forward.
    Your the stato but when you don’t have the players to score in open play you play set pieces.

It felt like that’s why we struggled last season, we couldn’t score in open play and couldn’t scote from set plays, an underlining problem.

We need better players. I honestly think a more attacking manager would take this team down.

Your the stato but when you don’t have the players to score in open play you play set pieces.

It felt like that’s why we struggled last season, we couldn’t score in open play and couldn’t scote from set plays, an underlining problem.

We need better players. I honestly think a more attacking manager would take this team down.
    Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.

Unless we have a spending spree on players we are not going to have a squad that's going to be all singing and all dancing

So set piece play and a bit of digging in is likely to be the way it is

If you came into my shop trying to buy some chicken and all I had was corned beef you would have to go elsewhere

Unless we have a spending spree on players we are not going to have a squad that's going to be all singing and all dancing

So set piece play and a bit of digging in is likely to be the way it is
    But that will eventually find us out, Bulut or not. Come on, if we stopped scoring from set pieces we'd be in the shit. That's a massive worry going forward. Are you happy for us to spend season after season struggling and hoping from headers from corners?

Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.
    Haven’t you been mocking the playoff nonsense all seasons? (Not that anyone expected it). Seems a UTurn from the playoff mocking.

I think the positive performances came more so on a crest of a wave of confidence from Ramsey and the early wins/performances. Didn’t Wintle start as a 10 in a lot of those? That would now be classed as defensive now?

Haven’t you been mocking the playoff nonsense all seasons? (Not that anyone expected it). Seems a UTurn from the playoff mocking.

I think the positive performances came more so on a crest of a wave of confidence from Ramsey and the early wins/performances. Didn’t Wintle start as a 10 in a lot of those? That would now be classed as defensive now?
    I was mocking the playoffs after we went on a bad run where we went defensive. They're out of reach, but I believe if we had been more positive, we might have been in the running. Ramsey was a factor early on but we had a good run after he was injured, playing front foot football. I don't know of any professional pundit who has said that Bulut's defensive tactics have been good for us, either. Perhaps you beg to differ and that's fine, but we'll agree to disagree on it. The last few months have been shit to watch, even the lucky away wins.

I was mocking the playoffs after we went on a bad run where we went defensive. They're out of reach, but I believe if we had been more positive, we might have been in the running. Ramsey was a factor early on but we had a good run after he was injured, playing front foot football. I don't know of any professional pundit who has said that Bulut's defensive tactics have been good for us, either. Perhaps you beg to differ and that's fine, but we'll agree to disagree on it. The last few months have been shit to watch, even the lucky away wins.
    I don’t get why you would mock fans for believing in the playoffs when we are in touching distance. Isn’t that the point of supporting, to hope?

Not sure on pundits, I don’t listen to them? But no doubt those wins you mentioned after Ramsey included Wintle as a 10 which would be classed as very defensive? Like i said confidence is huge in football.

I can correct you tho, the last few years have been shit to watch, just this year we ain’t fighting at the bottom and won some derbys, can always look at the positives if you choose ?

I don’t get why you would mock fans for believing in the playoffs when we are in touching distance. Isn’t that the point of supporting, to hope?

Not sure on pundits, I don’t listen to them? But no doubt those wins you mentioned after Ramsey included Wintle as a 10 which would be classed as very defensive? Like i said confidence is huge in football.

I can correct you tho, the last few years have been shit to watch, just this year we ain’t fighting at the bottom and won some derbys, can always look at the positives if you choose ?
    Do you not think we've been shit to watch most of this season? Really? If our season is based on 3 derby wins only, it's not much of a barometer, and that's from someone who throws away shirts when we lose to the Jacks.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist, realist, don't buy into any soppy unrealistic optimism. I used to get carried away in the days of Dave Jones but ended up disappointed. I evaluate, don't get carried away. For what it's worth, I predicted we'd win promotion under Warnock before we started the season. Gut feeling, but if that hadn't happened, I knew we would have moved forward that season. God, I wish we had half of the attacking talent and intent of that season!

If we beat Swansea I'll party, but that won't define the rest of the season. I don't feel we have progressed since the end of October. Our youngsters aren't involved. It's often attritional football hopeful of a result, rather than trying to make something happen. The only flaw is that I don't trust our board to improve anything whatsoever. I'd just like some positivity. There isn't any.

Do you not think we've been shit to watch most of this season? Really? If our season is based on 3 derby wins only, it's not much of a barometer, and that's from someone who throws away shirts when we lose to the Jacks.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist, realist, don't buy into any soppy unrealistic optimism. I used to get carried away in the days of Dave Jones but ended up disappointed. I evaluate, don't get carried away. For what it's worth, I predicted we'd win promotion under Warnock before we started the season. Gut feeling, but if that hadn't happened, I knew we would have moved forward that season. God, I wish we had half of the attacking talent and intent of that season!

If we beat Swansea I'll party, but that won't define the rest of the season. I don't feel we have progressed since the end of October. Our youngsters aren't involved. It's often attritional football hopeful of a result, rather than trying to make something happen. The only flaw is that I don't trust our board to improve anything whatsoever. I'd just like some positivity. There isn't any.
    I’m honestly lost by your post and have no idea of the relevance to mine. Why would derby result base our season and what has that got to do with anything debated other than the fact we played Bristol City today.

Then you throw up the board, another debate.

No positivity, we have won 2 and drawn 1 in 3? Enjoy it.

There’s a middle ground to be steered which means that we don’t have to have wingers playing like full backs and us not being as unwatchable as Bulut has made us in too many of our recent home games. Reading between the lines,a factor in him leaving Fenerbache was that he had them playing defensive, counter attacking football. A club like Fenerbache in a league like Turkey’s should always be looking to play on the front foot if they want to keep the fans onside. Bulut just comes over as a defensively minded manager who would play the same way even if we had the players to play a more adventurous brand of football with a degree of success - witness how he reacted to the likes of Tanner, Colwill and Robinson when we were playing a lot better in late summer and early autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s a middle ground to be steered which means that we don’t have to have wingers playing like full backs and us not being as unwatchable as Bulut has made us in too many of our recent home games. Reading between the lines,a factor in him leaving Fenerbache was that he had them playing defensive, counter attacking football. A club like Fenerbache in a league like Turkey’s should always be looking to play on the front foot if they want to keep the fans onside. Bulut just comes over as a defensively minded manager who would play the same way even if we had the players to play a more adventurous brand of football with a degree of success - witness how he reacted to the likes of Tanner, Colwill and Robinson when we were playing a lot better in late summer and early autumn.
    Counter attacking football can be great to watch and devastating

The reason why Tanner and Colwill were pulled out was because they wernt doing enough after being given the opportunity

Goals v Swansea and Bristol City were followed by very little

The reason why Tanner and Colwill were pulled out was because they wernt doing enough after being given the opportunity

Bulut's isn't.

"Front foot football" Love this phrase, haven't heard it in a while.

the clickbait comic has joined the match day thread

Tanner can't counter attack if he's acting as a second fullback.

To reply to the comments about Ng and the dirty side of his game, the hand in the face and winning your 50/50s by being the more physical player is great. It's always been his shithousery ive not been a fan of, usually in trying to wind up his opponent he seems to wind himself up and get involved in some silly incidents. I think its affected his game at times.

A Wurzel's eye view of our win(don't tell them singing under a giant flag is a waste of time). Seems our goal celebrations were a bit OTT. 😀 £35...can we play you every week?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhehz...FyZGlmZiBjaXR5

I’m honestly lost by your post and have no idea of the relevance to mine. Why would derby result base our season and what has that got to do with anything debated other than the fact we played Bristol City today.

Then you throw up the board, another debate.

No positivity, we have won 2 and drawn 1 in 3? Enjoy it.
    There are a few you'll talk to on here that wont take a backward step and just insist they are correct, on everything, at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    A Wurzel's eye view of our win(don't tell them singing under a giant flag is a waste of time). Seems our goal celebrations were a bit OTT. �� £35...can we play you every week?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhehz...FyZGlmZiBjaXR5
    I wish I had the commitment to show up every game like you. I lost the bug years ago. Fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Better side today and last week, and arguably against Blackburn. True, we don't have the players to cut open defences, then neither did Bristol today, who recently beat West Ham and should have beaten Forest. Just one general wish now - bring in 3 or 4 really, really good championship players. Let's break this cycle of attrition we've had for 3 seasons..
    With a fit Ramsey and a decent striker we would be a top ten side

With a fit Ramsey and a decent striker we would be a top ten side
    That’s a certainty given we are 11th with neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s a certainty given we are 11th with neither.
    So not as bad a side as some have suggested