+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

great result well done city

Excellent. Played well.

Very very solid performance. Great win.

Siopis was brilliant second half! Great finish by NG and great win!

From what i have been reading about Bristol City I expected us to get a mullering, we did a job on them today
    fairly comfortable other than the last 10 mins of normal time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    From what i have been reading about Bristol City I expected us to get a mullering, we did a job on them today
    fairly comfortable other than the last 10 mins of normal time.
    We backed off and defended way too deep in the last 12 minutes, inviting Bristol on. We were more than capable of getting a 2nd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    We backed off and defended way too deep in the last 12 minutes, inviting Bristol on. We were more than capable of getting a 2nd goal.
    Bristol were always going to come at us, it’s quite normal for a team to get pushed back. I think our capabilities infront of goal is very limited so I don’t blame City for trying to hold onto what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bristol were always going to come at us, it’s quite normal for a team to get pushed back. I think our capabilities infront of goal is very limited so I don’t blame City for trying to hold onto what we had.
    We'll have to agree to disagree here. I thought Brizzle were poor at the back and we could have gone on to get a 2nd. Oh, for a Michael Chopra!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Very very solid performance. Great win.
    The late charge is on……

the clickbait comic has joined the match day thread

To reply to the comments about Ng and the dirty side of his game, the hand in the face and winning your 50/50s by being the more physical player is great. It's always been his shithousery ive not been a fan of, usually in trying to wind up his opponent he seems to wind himself up and get involved in some silly incidents. I think its affected his game at times.

A Wurzel's eye view of our win(don't tell them singing under a giant flag is a waste of time). Seems our goal celebrations were a bit OTT. 😀 £35...can we play you every week?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhehz...FyZGlmZiBjaXR5

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Shite game between two shite teams just Bristol more shite than we are.

Great second half performance.

Done the double

Great result, much improved second half. Just focus on getting as many set pieces as possible and we'll storm into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Great second half performance.

Done the double

It was a good away performance. We pressed them from the start and only dropped back in the last 10 - 15 minutes. I think that's as good as it gets with this squad, still lacking pace and what I would call dynamism, but maybe 4 or 5 really decent signings away from a play off push. Didn't think I'd be saying that a few weeks ago !!!

Sounds like a poor game, but who cares 🙂

A doube!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Same as the previous two games really.
    Tell me exactly what you were expecting.
    A marauding 4 nil away performance with 65% possession and 65% territory with 15 shots for and two against?

Overall I thought it was an excellent performance against a team who beat Southampton a couple of games ago.

Siopis was excellent and each of the subs, perhaps less so Wintle, made a difference today.

Bulut deserves credit.

Ng's goal

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It was a good away performance. We pressed them from the start and only dropped back in the last 10 - 15 minutes. I think that's as good as it gets with this squad, still lacking pace and what I would call dynamism, but maybe 4 or 5 really decent signings away from a play off push. Didn't think I'd be saying that a few weeks ago !!!

NG hard as nails.

Straight back-up after being head-butted. Sent that wurzle who tried to shoulder charge him into Row Z. And face-planted his marker for the goal.

Has matured into a fine player..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Tell me exactly what you were expecting.
    A marauding 4 nil away performance with 65% possession and 65% territory with 15 shots for and two against?

Overall I thought it was an excellent performance against a team who beat Southampton a couple of games ago.

Siopis was excellent and each of the subs, perhaps less so Wintle, made a difference today.

Bulut deserves credit.
    If you thought that was an excellent performance then you have very low expectations.

It was competent at very best and I’m being charitable. That said we have improved over three games albeit against dreadful opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you thought that was an excellent performance then you have very low expectations.

It was competent at very best and I’m being charitable. That said we have improved over three games albeit against dreadful opponents.
    I thought it was like a mirror image of so many of our 1-0 home defeats over the last four seasons - the away side don’t look anything special, but at the same time, we really struggle to break them down. The best thing I’d say about our performances today was that I only started getting a bit twitchy in the last ten minutes or so, we were pretty comfortable apart from that short period. A lot of that might have been downto Bristol’s shortcomings, but we win too many of our away games in a similar way for them all to be put down to the home team being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    This happens a lot in games mind. One side with something to defend, the other going for broke. Momentum just swings. I can’t remember them really troubling us in that period.