+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

ok.....am a Blackburn fan this afternoon...you think OUR commentators are bad sometimes but bloody hell...these Swansea ones....I shall press the mute button....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ok.....am a Blackburn fan this afternoon...you think OUR commentators are bad sometimes but bloody hell...these Swansea ones....I shall press the mute button....
    2-0 Think I wil switch games.......new acquisition - and one to be wary of - Ronald, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    We backed off and defended way too deep in the last 12 minutes, inviting Bristol on. We were more than capable of getting a 2nd goal.
    Statistics would say otherwise regarding your last sentence, unless we put prolific Perry Ng up top!

You don't see many teams in similar situations in the Championship, apart from those with far more quality, going gung ho for a second goal. This is especially the case when the opposition are chasing the game late on. They "cheat" by flooding players forward.
    It would be suicide to not try and match them getting men goal side.

Wow this board really is unbelieveable at times. I watched the game without checking the board. I felt comfortable from the first minute and felt we were going to win then logged on half time and saw a load of negativity!

3 local derbies played and 3 wins.

1 goal conceded in 3 games. 7 points from last 3.

In the top half. Above the likes of Middlesbrough and Watford

Bulut out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wow this board really is unbelieveable at times. I watched the game without checking the board. I felt comfortable from the first minute and felt we were going to win then logged on half time and saw a load of negativity!

Bulut out!!!
    It's interesting that, as things stand, there are 10 points separating 22nd and 10th. On Jan 1st there were 10 points separating 22nd and 15th.

There were 4 points between 11th and 6th on Jan 1st. That's now 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's interesting that, as things stand, there are 10 points separating 22nd and 10th. On Jan 1st there were 10 points separating 22nd and 15th.

There were 4 points between 11th and 6th on Jan 1st. That's now 9 points.

What's interesting is the bulut out lot are quiet

Have any of City, Wurzels or Jacks done the double double over the other 2 in the same season?

I seem to recall the Wurzels doing it.

Bulut out!!!
    Well whilst we were in free fall the manager has turned it round and the moaners are conspicuous by their absence!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well whilst we were in free fall the manager has turned it round and the moaners are conspicuous by their absence!
    Have to say the subs today were spot on.

What's interesting is the bulut out lot are quiet
    Today was a big win. Watford, 1 place below us are 6 points off the bottom 3. We don't have any chance of the playoffs but 7 points from 9 games, when we didn't look like beating a paper bag, has surely meant survival. Prepare for Swansea, then let the kids get game time until the end of the season. Still don't like how defensive we are, but when it works, great. When it doesn't, it rightly gets criticised.

Thought that was a solid, assured performance. We were rarely troubled and looked the most likely to score imo despite the stats showing shots, corners etc in their favour.

We've got 7 points from 3 games we should be getting points from. We haven't done anything special but winning breeds confidence.

Today was a big win. Watford, 1 place below us are 6 points off the bottom 3. We don't have any chance of the playoffs but 7 points from 9 games, when we didn't look like beating a paper bag, has surely meant survival. Prepare for Swansea, then let the kids get game time until the end of the season. Still don't like how defensive we are, but when it works, great. When it doesn't, it rightly gets criticised.
    I think he's earned a go to try and create his own side next season

It's been very squeaky bum recently though

Not good for the heart

I think he's earned a go to try and create his own side next season
    I've always said he should have the full season this season and I've not at any time called for him to go, even if I have questioned his tactics. The start we made means he deserved the whole season.

However, if we're going to be a team that defends deep and pinches wins from set pieces next season I'd get someone else in. That's not moving forward.

I've always said he should have the full season this season and I've not at any time called for him to go, even if I have questioned his tactics. The start we made means he deserved the whole season.

However, if we're going to be a team that defends deep and pinches wins from set pieces next season I'd get someone else in. That's not moving forward.
    Your the stato but when you don’t have the players to score in open play you play set pieces.

It felt like that’s why we struggled last season, we couldn’t score in open play and couldn’t scote from set plays, an underlining problem.

We need better players. I honestly think a more attacking manager would take this team down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Your the stato but when you don’t have the players to score in open play you play set pieces.

It felt like that’s why we struggled last season, we couldn’t score in open play and couldn’t scote from set plays, an underlining problem.

We need better players. I honestly think a more attacking manager would take this team down.
    Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.

Yet when Bulut was a more attacking manager, even without Ramsey, we were playing better and winning more games.

Yes, we could argue that the single goal wins we've pinched away from home have kept us away from the relegation zone, but I believe that we could have challenged the top 6 had we kept the more attacking performances from the start of the season. It's been because of our more defensive attitude that we started to lose form, not otherwise.
    Haven’t you been mocking the playoff nonsense all seasons? (Not that anyone expected it). Seems a UTurn from the playoff mocking.

I think the positive performances came more so on a crest of a wave of confidence from Ramsey and the early wins/performances. Didn’t Wintle start as a 10 in a lot of those? That would now be classed as defensive now?

We've got 7 points from 3 games we should be getting points from. We haven't done anything special but winning breeds confidence.
    You can only catch fish if they are in the sea

You can only catch fish if they are in the sea
    The Wind blows many ways, but only god can make a tree

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut praises influence of Liverpool loanee Nat Phillips

The Liverpool man was in imperious form in the Bluebirds' victory at Bristol City and has proved a key player since arriving from Anfield in January

https://nation.cymru/sport/cardiff-b...-nat-phillips/

The 3 new signings were the spine of the team today. Many were disappointed by January but those 3 will prove to be very good signings.

The 3 new signings were the spine of the team today. Many were disappointed by January but those 3 will prove to be very good signings.
    Indeed they were.....an not much has been made of Horvath's save prior to the disallowed goal....top save....he IS inspiring confidence, and it's not a co-incidence that only one goal against in the last three games.

Agree, Phillips as looked decent from the off but the keeper has really improved game on game. Turnbulls corner was excellent, he needs to go more but I think that will come with confidence.

We now have more wins this season than all last season, with 11 games to go. 1 more win (or 3 draws) and we'll have more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We now have more wins this season than all last season, with 11 games to go. 1 more win (or 3 draws) and we'll have more points.
    Equilibrium...as it stands...9 points from bottom three....nine points from top six....