+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackburn v Newcastle

International

Re: Blackburn v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is this the enormous football club that twice lost around 20% of its crowd after relegation to Division 2 in the 80s/90s? In fact, from 1976 to 1981 crowds halved as Newcastle went from 5th in the top division to bottom half in Div 2.

However their crowds since the early 90s have been phenomenal.
    They are great fans, and enjoy a few pints and a game black and white everywhere you go!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Newcastle , Sunderland

Football cities

Absolutely obsessed with their club

And it's all from up there, not like the plastic scousers and mancs from Surrey
    suecook.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They are great fans, and enjoy a few pints and a game black and white everywhere you go!
    One of British footballs giants

Newcastle , Wolves , Derby , Sunderland , Villa , Wednesday

Working class football clubs with loyal local support

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    God no !

One of British footballs giants

Newcastle , Wolves , Derby , Sunderland , Villa , Wednesday

Working class football clubs with loyal local support
    Newcastle a working class football club? They are owned by a Middle Eastern state.

Gone are the days football clubs are owned by the local businessman with a few bob.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Newcastle a working class football club? They are owned by a Middle Eastern state.

Gone are the days football clubs are owned by the local businessman with a few bob.
    I totally agree with you about the ownership but the club is overwhelmingly a working class club

I totally agree with you about the ownership but the club is overwhelmingly a working class club
    And so is Liverpool. They hate the Tories and the establishment more than you. If you dont think the people of Liverpool are obsessed with their football teams - Liverpool and Everton - in the same way as fans of Newcastle, Villa, and the others you mentioned, then you are seriously deranged.

I was listening to Pete Hooton of The Farm on the radio last week. Great guy, absolutley obsessed with football and Liverpool FC.

And so is Liverpool. They hate the Tories and the establishment more than you. If you dont think the people of Liverpool are obsessed with their football teams - Liverpool and Everton - in the same way as fans of Newcastle, Villa, and the others you mentioned, then you are seriously deranged.

I was listening to Pete Hooton of The Farm on the radio last week. Great guy, absolutley obsessed with football and Liverpool FC.
    I don't think the people from Surrey and Pontypridd who support Liverpool are the same as 8000 geordies travelling 4 hours on a Tuesday night to support their team

If 8000 Liverpool fans travel to London loads of them will live locally

When the geordies play in London very few will be that type of fan , they will be up at 5am from Newcastle Central

Hardcore , loyal support

It's not difficult to understand

I don't think the people from Surrey and Pontypridd who support Liverpool are the same as 8000 geordies travelling 4 hours on a Tuesday night to support their team

If 8000 Liverpool fans travel to London loads of them will live locally

When the geordies play in London very few will be that type of fan , they will be up at 5am from Newcastle Central

Hardcore , loyal support

It's not difficult to understand
    By that logic people from Pontypridd who are Liverpool or Man United season ticket holders and travel a 7 hour round trip every home game should be applauded then?

The vast majority of match going Liverpool fans are from Liverpool. A die hard Liverpool supporter, from Livcerpool, is no different to a die hard Newcastle supporter from Newcastle, or a Carlisle fan from Carlisle.

Yes Liverpool have a global support too, it comes with being succesful in the 70s and 80s as football started reaching a wider audience, but to suggest that their core match going support is not from the city of Liverpool is ludicrous. Most Premier League clubs these days, the larger more established ones - including your Newcastle and Villas - have an element of support outside of the city and plenty of tourists too.

And on the subject of support, Liverpool supporters were 100% the proverbial 12th man on Sunday. NQAT.

The night we played Liverpool in the League Cup in 2007 at Anfield, an old Liverpool fan we were talking to in the pub after the game described non Liverpudlian Liverpool fans as excess baggage. Made us laugh.

It's something that's rarely talked about these days. But Liverpool and Manchester are historically great football cities. For all 4 clubs. It's not their fault that they attract glory hunters. I see glory hunting as a weakness in character. When I say we/us about the City I think I deserve it. I stood on the Bob Bank with a gang of half a dozen mates that were 20 yards away from the next gang of half a dozen mates. I'll take the lows all day long because it's worth it for the highs. I'm still proud that we gave Liverpool a good game in the League Cup Final, I'm also still gutted that we didn't beat them. We could have. Pompey, not so much, we were never really in that game. The Cities of Liverpool and Manchester could ban "outsiders" and they'd still get over 200,000 fans attending games between them all. Normal people can't afford it these days. I have a mate who's a Chelsea season ticket holder, he treats himself to 3 or 4 games a season. The rest of the tickets he has to sell. But he's Chelsea. Always has been, it's not his fault they became a rich club. It's the glory hunters that keep his season ticket alive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's something that's rarely talked about these days. But Liverpool and Manchester are historically great football cities. For all 4 clubs. It's not their fault that they attract glory hunters. I see glory hunting as a weakness in character. When I say we/us about the City I think I deserve it. I stood on the Bob Bank with a gang of half a dozen mates that were 20 yards away from the next gang of half a dozen mates. I'll take the lows all day long because it's worth it for the highs. I'm still proud that we gave Liverpool a good game in the League Cup Final, I'm also still gutted that we didn't beat them. We could have. Pompey, not so much, we were never really in that game. The Cities of Liverpool and Manchester could ban "outsiders" and they'd still get over 200,000 fans attending games between them all. Normal people can't afford it these days. I have a mate who's a Chelsea season ticket holder, he treats himself to 3 or 4 games a season. The rest of the tickets he has to sell. But he's Chelsea. Always has been, it's not his fault they became a rich club. It's the glory hunters that keep his season ticket alive.
    It makes me laugh now how people mock Man City and their support. Before the oil money they were always well regarded as a team with good support. Getting big numbers home and away when they dropped down the divisions and their neighbours were winning all the major trophies domestically and in Europe. People have short memories, especially when it comes to football.

I expect many locals of these big teams can’t get a look in due to cost.

It makes me laugh now how people mock Man City and their support. Before the oil money they were always well regarded as a team with good support. Getting big numbers home and away when they dropped down the divisions and their neighbours were winning all the major trophies domestically and in Europe. People have short memories, especially when it comes to football.
    28,000 + average gate in the third tier is not to be sniffed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I expect many locals of these big teams can’t get a look in due to cost.
    Which is why they take the piss out of the day trippers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    28,000 + average gate in the third tier is not to be sniffed at.
    Exactly. But now theyve got a new generation of young / global fans because of their success then ALL Man City fans are a bunch of plastics according to the Sludges of this world.

By that logic people from Pontypridd who are Liverpool or Man United season ticket holders and travel a 7 hour round trip every home game should be applauded then?

The vast majority of match going Liverpool fans are from Liverpool. A die hard Liverpool supporter, from Livcerpool, is no different to a die hard Newcastle supporter from Newcastle, or a Carlisle fan from Carlisle.

Yes Liverpool have a global support too, it comes with being succesful in the 70s and 80s as football started reaching a wider audience, but to suggest that their core match going support is not from the city of Liverpool is ludicrous. Most Premier League clubs these days, the larger more established ones - including your Newcastle and Villas - have an element of support outside of the city and plenty of tourists too.

And on the subject of support, Liverpool supporters were 100% the proverbial 12th man on Sunday. NQAT.
    I didn't watch it

I didn't watch it
    Whens that ever stopped you forcing your opinions on others.

Exactly. But now theyve got a new generation of young / global fans because of their success then ALL Man City fans are a bunch of plastics according to the Sludges of this world.
    You will have to point out where I said Man City are a plastics club

Whens that ever stopped you forcing your opinions on others.
    Oh the irony Mr manager assassination

Insert name

Who has mocked Man Citys support ?

You need to go and have a lie down

Who has mocked Man Citys support ?

You need to go and have a lie down
    Unlike you I have a job and am currently in the office. I dont have the luxury of going for a lie down whenever I want.

Unlike you I have a job and am currently in the office. I dont have the luxury of going for a lie down whenever I want.
    I have no idea where you have got that puddle of nonsense from but I have paid enough tax to prop up the child benefit bill

You must be very busy eh !

I have no idea where you have got that puddle of nonsense from but I have paid enough tax to prop up the child benefit bill

You must be very busy eh !
    Cheer up, you could be sat at the desk opposite..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Cheer up, you could be sat at the desk opposite..
    It's probably a call centre selling pegs to the jacks